Steve Sarkisian rolled over

lilMAC25

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Honestly this feels just like 2003, even creepily down to an embarrassing loss to Arkansas. We also got blown out by OU in that year. But it did set us down the path to 2005. 

https://texassports.com/sports/football/schedule/2003

This game was reminiscent of the 2014 Texas Bowl.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Texas_Bowl

57 passing yards.  Card had 61.  Casey had 57 in like two drives.

Edited by OU Sucks

10 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Where else can I drink myself out of a job and get a better one?  

He was offered multiple HC jobs over the past few years and that is simply mystifying.

From whom, I'm curious? I'm sure his name was thrown around on the internet, but since getting shitcanned from the falcons after the 2018  season, who offered him a HC job that he turned down?

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Watched the post game presser. I agree mostly with Sarkisians assessment. The team did not play to their ability and Arkansas is not impressive or doing anything fancy. 

In case you haven’t seen it, Sarkisian had the same look of defeat on the sidelines that Herman and Charlie had. He looked scared. He’s a quitter.

Edited by Sal
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

Watched the post game presser. I agree mostly with Sarkisians assessment. The team did not play to their ability and Arkansas is not impressive or doing anything fancy. 

bullshit. sure, the team did not play well, but arkansas knew the offensive plays when we lined up. that's not on execution, that's on lazy scheme. multiple times, you could see the arkansas defense adjust to what we were doing, like they knew exactly what we were doing.

couple that with fucking laziness in playcalling...i mean, shit. where were the quick developing pass plays? card was running for his life. 3 step drop and a quick slant or something for positive yards, instead of running for his life to the sideline, trying to make plays with his arm. 

i can't put this loss on the players. there was nothing approaching the creativity in playcalling we saw last week.

coaching was the issue. that's my fucking assessment. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, hayden_horn said:

bullshit. sure, the team did not play well, but arkansas knew the offensive plays when we lined up. that's not on execution, that's on lazy scheme. multiple times, you could see the arkansas defense adjust to what we were doing, like they knew exactly what we were doing.

couple that with fucking laziness in playcalling...i mean, shit. where were the quick developing pass plays? card was running for his life. 3 step drop and a quick slant or something for positive yards, instead of running for his life to the sideline, trying to make plays with his arm. 

i can't put this loss on the players. there was nothing approaching the creativity in playcalling we saw last week.

coaching was the issue. that's my fucking assessment. 

You assessment is incorrect. The playcalling was fine. The execution was absolute dogshit. 

Just now, immamac said:

You assessment is incorrect. The playcalling was fine. The execution was absolute dogshit. 

i could not disagree more. they knew our plays.

i'm not coming at you. just a difference of opinion.

and i agree execution was dogshit. but when you see that happening, you make changes. there were no changes.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i could not disagree more. they knew our plays.

i'm not coming at you. just a difference of opinion.

and i agree execution was dogshit. but when you see that happening, you make changes. there were no changes.

Listening to bijan in his post game presser it was clear that Hudson was panicked. Casey should have gone in because Arkansas was dogshit. They are not a good team, but the atmosphere was electric. It doesn't get that loud in DKR or hasn't since Hudson has been playing there. 

Just now, immamac said:

Listening to bijan in his post game presser it was clear that Hudson was panicked. Casey should have gone in because Arkansas was dogshit. They are not a good team, but the atmosphere was electric. It doesn't get that loud in DKR or hasn't since Hudson has been playing there. 

it hasn't been that loud in dkr maybe ever, except possibly 2008 (?) missouri. 

i just think this one is on the coaches. they did not have a good gameplan, nor did they have the players prepared for what they were about to face.

17 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This needs to be said more.  Average coach at UW and USC and drank himself out of a job.  Why is he coach at Texas again?

He was able to score a lot of points as an OC when he had 5*s three deep at every position and Saban’s team culture. That’s it.

Taking UW from being super garbage to being bowl eligible and never progressing beyond that is his sole accomplishment as HC. If he turns out to be successful here it will be the first time.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Thermos H. Christ said:

He was able to score a lot of points as an OC when he had 5*s three deep at every position and Saban’s team culture. That’s it.

Taking UW from being super garbage to being bowl eligible and never progressing beyond that is his sole accomplishment as HC. If he turns out to be successful here it will be the first time.

Can we stop pretending Sark never had good offenses before Bama? He was a great OC at USC (hence the Raiders offering him their HC job), had very good offenses at UW as HC. I don't remember about USC as a HC but think their offenses were fine and he only had a year there.

Not saying that makes him a good HC but let's not claim his Bama stint is the only thing on his resume.

• Hook 'Em 1

Can we stop pretending Sark never had good offenses before Bama? He was a great OC at USC (hence the Raiders offering him their HC job), had very good offenses at UW as HC. I don't remember about USC as a HC but think their offenses were fine and he only had a year there.
Not saying that makes him a good HC but let's not claim his Bama stint is the only thing on his resume.

You’re mixing and matching Lane Kiffin and Sark.

1 minute ago, immamac said:

No and I have been watching the game all morning along with the pressers. I was also you know...at the game. 

Oh, you were at the game?  Well, then you & you alone get it.

Thanks for imparting us w/your vast knowledge & experience.  Throw some more Hook’ems at everyone on Dixon for us rubes.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

But his Bama stint is the reason he’s at Texas. Without that, no way does he get the offer.

Last week on the Longhorns postgame show, Trey Elling and Kevin Dunn opined that Sark's even keel "never get too high or too low" demeanor, which Sark himself alluded to in the postgame presser, was a positive character trait. After last night, they have to be rethinking that take. Mack's "OU is just another game" ho-hum even keel approach is what got his pussy mashed in five years in a row, and Sark was humiliated much in the same way last night.

I think as a CFB head coach you have to be a fire breather sometimes. 

8 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

But his Bama stint is the reason he’s at Texas. Without that, no way does he get the offer.

Well, mostly probably because it is post-flameout.  He flashed some pretty serious talent a while back, was brought low by alcohol, and had to demonstrate sobriety and continued ability.

I had SC friends back in the "3-pete" era and they loved Sark.

Edited by TwiceHorn

20 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

This is why Saban's assistants are often fool's gold. Unless they bring along the bag men and ruthless roster management, they are mostly average coaches who had the benefit of having players that could cover up their average coaching. Not saying Sark can't be successful here, but last night was not a great effort. 

And Card was pissing down his leg all night. There were plays where he had guys open and he just held the ball. Hell, even his pass to Roschon (I think it was Roschon...may have been Bijan) that set up the first TD was late, late. My son yelled at the TV "He's open!!" twice before he finally threw the ball. The line clearly didn't do him any favors, but even when he had time he held the ball too long. 

• Like 1

Hard to tell how good the play calling was. Most of them got blown up by a 3 man front, or immediately tackled by their 5 man front. 

No draws, no screens. You know the standard shit you throw out there when the defense is living in your backfield.

The simple reason Thompson had success is he had the ability to move the pocket, and was playing with far more maturity.

Arkansas has a good front seven. But they are not the fucking Patriots.