Steve Sarkisian rolled over

lilMAC25

I didn't see a good game plan. Certainly not a great game plan like we were promised all summer by his coaching peers. Last week all Sark could say was how SEC big and aggressive arky was and that they would knock your ass off. Then he didn't even scheme for that. No screens. No quick slants. No spread Bijan wide with Roschon in the back field. Nothing to negate their ears-pinned back aggression. And certainly, as has been beaten to death on every other thread, no adjustments.

Maybe he's fine getting his shit pushed in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Last week on the Longhorns postgame show, Trey Elling and Kevin Dunn opined that Sark's even keel "never get too high or too low" demeanor, which Sark himself alluded to in the postgame presser, was a positive character trait. After last night, they have to be rethinking that take. Mack's "OU is just another game" ho-hum even keel approach is what got his pussy mashed in five years in a row, and Sark was humiliated much in the same way last night.

I think as a CFB head coach you have to be a fire breather sometimes. 

I actually think the ou game did mean something to Mack.  It's just after he gets smashed he had to blow it off with talk like "our goals are still in front of us, scares you to death, toughest conference in the country, blah blah blah"

1 minute ago, SKA the boss said:

I didn't see a good game plan. Certainly not a great game plan like we were promised all summer by his coaching peers. Last week all Sark could say was how SEC big and aggressive arky was and that they would knock your ass off. Then he didn't even scheme for that. No screens. No quick slants. No spread Bijan wide with Roschon in the back field. Nothing to negate their ears-pinned back aggression. And certainly, as has been beaten to death on every other thread, no adjustments.

Maybe he's fine getting his shit pushed in.

The sad part is even Tom Herman knew how to scheme against that shit.

19 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I actually think the ou game did mean something to Mack.  It's just after he gets smashed he had to blow it off with talk like "our goals are still in front of us, scares you to death, toughest conference in the country, blah blah blah"

Don’t forget, “Weather the storm”.

How about we make THEM weather the storm?

Crazy pills, I know.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Can we stop pretending Sark never had good offenses before Bama? He was a great OC at USC (hence the Raiders offering him their HC job), had very good offenses at UW as HC. I don't remember about USC as a HC but think their offenses were fine and he only had a year there.

Not saying that makes him a good HC but let's not claim his Bama stint is the only thing on his resume.

Can you define "very good"? because I look at the rankings below and see two better than average, one average, and two poor offenses. 

2009 - 64th - 26.1 ppg
2010 - 89th - 21.8 ppg
2011 - 20th - 33.7 ppg
2012 - 95th - 21.7 ppg
2013 - 18th - 36.4 ppg

1 hour ago, immamac said:

The playcalling was fine.

I mean...I'm no expert but I believe I could have come up with something better than to run our speed back at the goal line 3 times in a row, against a DL that had been dominating.  Unless K. Robinson was bitching about lack of playing time, and the goal was to get him killed, in which case Sark did a fine job.  Not to mention the failure to do anything to take the pressure off the OL/misdirection/draws/screens/anything.  It's as if Sark thought we could win by just running through their DL, with a few deep bombs sprinkled in.  Yes, the lack of execution didn't help, but let's not pretend the playcalling was adequate.

Edited by OU Sucks

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

The results told us how much Mack cared, which was not nearly enough.

16 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Can you define "very good"? because I look at the rankings below and see two better than average, one average, and two poor offenses. 

2009 - 64th - 26.1 ppg
2010 - 89th - 21.8 ppg
2011 - 20th - 33.7 ppg
2012 - 95th - 21.7 ppg
2013 - 18th - 36.4 ppg

Those are worse than I expected tbh. On Football Outsiders UW's OFEI was 114 in 2008 (year before sark), in the 50-55 range each of the next 4 years, then 10th in 2013. So maybe "very" is a stretch but still solid given context.

USC's was 15th in 2014 and 19th in 2015 (partial year for Sark)

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Not everyone can lose to Arizona, Stanford, & Oregon 30-138 in 3 straight games.....

That's what makes me shake my head at that "never get too high or too low" comment above.  Pretty sure he beat U$C right before that stretch, too.  He was "too high and too low" personified as a head coach in Seattle.  

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

That's what makes me shake my head at that "never get too high or too low" comment above.  Pretty sure he beat U$C right before that stretch, too.  He was "too high and too low" personified as a head coach in Seattle.  

We should leave the rollercoaster bidness to the College Station pros

22 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

No offense is going to be successful when you have an OL this bad. Okafor is just too slow and Majors was destroyed. Jones is hurt and he's really a guard. I absolutely can not stand that Flood didn't bench some of those guys tonight.

Agreed. Kerstetter and Angilau are the only ones that looked “good”

2 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

run our speed back at the goal line 3 times in a row,

I hate to say it but it really looked like he didn’t want another score there with Casey running the offense. Yeah yeah paranoia or whatever. That’s the dumbest shit I’ve seen in a long time

2 hours ago, Eggo said:

All of you assholes are going to somehow forget this shit talking when we win the Shootout and contend for the CCG. We need our own Thujone rollercoaster meme 

If that happens, and that is a big if, I will not forget the shit talking and I won’t forget bed shitting done in just about every phase in the game in Fayettenam last night.   But, yes, I am an asshole.

47 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Hire Studdard.  He couldn’t do worse and he’d decapitate the pussies who didn’t retaliate for late hits on our qb.

This was one of the things that pissed me off the most last night. Some fucker hits the QB way after the whistle and our line was too scared of them to do shit about it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I watched (what I could stand) out at the deer lease last night.  I was screaming "tempo" on every Texas offensive possession.  The Horn's offense never seemed to act like it was an offense and to really try to take it to them.  If this is really "all gas, no brakes" -- I am not a fan.
It's "all gas, no brakes", but it's bad gas.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I hate to say it but it really looked like he didn’t want another score there with Casey running the offense. Yeah yeah paranoia or whatever. That’s the dumbest shit I’ve seen in a long time

Yeah I was actually baffled by the play calling there. I’d understand better if it was Roschon, but K Rob? Wtf was that?

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It sure seemed like they were using a game that was out of reach to get some work in.

I mean I hope they got something out of it besides just an ass kicking. But to be real, the glaring issues I saw didn’t need to be repeated ad nauseum to become teachable moments. There was more than plenty of tape in the first quarter. 

Edited by taybo20

30 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'm still trying to process hiring a head coach who was 0-18 in games down by 10 points or more at halftime.

The zero come from behind wins is bad, but what's worse is the fact that he's been down double digits at the half 19 times in only 6.5 seasons as a head coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

This is why Saban's assistants are often fool's gold. Unless they bring along the bag men and ruthless roster management, they are mostly average coaches who had the benefit of having players that could cover up their average coaching. Not saying Sark can't be successful here, but last night was not a great effort. 

And Card was pissing down his leg all night. There were plays where he had guys open and he just held the ball. Hell, even his pass to Roschon (I think it was Roschon...may have been Bijan) that set up the first TD was late, late. My son yelled at the TV "He's open!!" twice before he finally threw the ball. The line clearly didn't do him any favors, but even when he had time he held the ball too long. 

Do you know why basketball teams press? It's not just about turnovers, but to speed up the offense. When a young guy like that is getting free rushers coming at him it speeds him up and rattles him. Suddenly everything is off. Card had a bit of that going on.

9 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I'm still trying to process hiring a head coach who was 0-18 in games down by 10 points or more at halftime.

How was this not a talking point the entire offseason?

8 hours ago, TXpride said:

The zero come from behind wins is bad, but what's worse is the fact that he's been down double digits at the half 19 times in only 6.5 seasons as a head coach.

Yeah. This. So who do we hire in a couple years?

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

How was this not a talking point the entire offseason?

Yeah. This. So who do we hire in a couple years?

We've already made our runs at Saban and Meyer, so I guess we'll just have to show the cfb world our gold plated cock and balls and pluck Dabo from Clemson!

What's that? Dabo's not coming? Who won the MAC?

10 hours ago, TXpride said:

I watched a bunch of those games.  I don't think they really needed to limit that stat to only 10 points.