NFL Week 1 thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Seriously though Lamar Jackson is absolutely insane. Saying he's video game isn't even correct he's fucking game genie sometimes.

Sweet fucking game. I keep think Carr is throwing the ball away and it's touchdowns.

Nah according to some in this board he sucks

I thought Baltimore played it too safe the last minute of regulation. Yes, Tucker will make the field goal but actually design some plays to get a first and have him kick with 3 seconds left instead of 50 seconds left. 

their 3rd down play looked like they were cool with Lamar just plopping down on his belly with no care where the sticks were. 

I thought Baltimore played it too safe the last minute of regulation. Yes, Tucker will make the field goal but actually design some plays to get a first and have him kick with 3 seconds left instead of 50 seconds left. 

their 3rd down play looked like they were cool with Lamar just plopping down on his belly with no care where the sticks were. 
The Dallas Cowboys way of thinking the other night. They played for the FG. They lost. They didn't even really attempt to gain the 1st down. They were more scared of having an incomplete pass than trying to actively get the 1st down. I think they had a one route play to where if he's not wide open, Lamar eats it and goes down. Didn't even run a real pass play.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
6 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

The Dallas Cowboys way of thinking the other night. They played for the FG. They lost. They didn't even really attempt to gain the 1st down. They were more scared of having an incomplete pass than trying to actively get the 1st down. I think they had a one route play to where if he's not wide open, Lamar eats it and goes down. Didn't even run a real pass play.

Yes and no. Ravens faced 3rd and 4. Cowboys faced 3rd and 20.

But I thought the Cowboys odds of winning were better with going for it on 4th and 6 than giving it back to Brady with 90 seconds left and a shit defense. 

Yes and no. Ravens faced 3rd and 4. Cowboys faced 3rd and 20.

But I thought the Cowboys odds of winning were better with going for it on 4th and 6 than giving it back to Brady with 90 seconds left and a shit defense. 
That's what I mean. Dallas on 4th and 6 should have absolutely went for it. They gave it back to Brady up 1 and he had over 90 seconds left and a timeout. Eternity plus 1. And it wasn't even a chip shot already with a shaky kicker.

37 seconds left and only needing 3? It doesn't take but a few intermediate pass plays to get it in range. And Baltimore's defense played like shit down the stretch. I wouldn't trust them worth a shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
21 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Yep of all the things Ive seen people claim cost them that game it was this sequence where we had the game in our hands and put it back in Tom Bradys hands which was going to lead to a loss

1st down incomplete CD ran wrong route 

2nd down some bullshit run to in essence trade a down for one of their 3 timeouts.

3rd and long obvious pass so Vea hulks out and draws a holding call

3rd and longer giveup dump pass to get back in fg range

Ball back to the greatest QB of all time with a minute plus and a couple timeouts

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Sea, SF and LA.

Don't be fooled by Coach Bro and lil aggy-sooner. They will be exciting to watch but won't win when it matters.

I see AZ (remember, week 1 over reactions here) potentially taking the SF spot. Niners beat the piss out of the lions..... it's the lions. AZ fuck stomped an AFC playoff team with additional weapons. Now will AZ do the typical thing and crumble mid season..... yeah probably because cardinals. But if one of the 3 you mentioned was the one to maybe get swapped, it's SF with the rook QB situation. 4th place in division may be a .500 team or better as insane as that is.

• Like 1

Monday night did well. 

ESPN and Nielsen reported that the Monday night overtime thriller between the Las Vegas Raiders and Baltimore Ravens averaged 15.3 million on ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC. It is the most watched Monday Night Football Week 1 game since 2013, when Philadelphia at Washington averaged 16.5 million. That included 800,000 for the Mannings Megacast featuring Peyton and Eli on ESPN2.

The most-watched game of the week was last Thursday night's 31-29 victory by the Tampa Bay Buccaneersover the Dallas Cowboys. It averaged 26.4 million viewers on NBC and digital, making it the most-watched first game of the season since 2015.

NBC averaged 22.8 million for the Thursday and Sunday games, which is an 11% increase over last year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32211359/nfl-opening-week-ratings-average-174-million-7-20