General Milley

Shaddie

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Milley's leadership and service as a Soldier has been badass.  Nothing but respect. Yes he's a politician now, but his background and experience tell me to trust his judgment on these matters.

When people whose opinions you respect start fleeing the situation or 'relationship,' indications are that the other motherfucker is a shitbag, 

If this is all true, what's telling is that none of the generals/colonels/aides around Milley ran to Trump or the press to talk about this, and so we are only hearing about it now.

Which means that all of them thought Trump was a fucking idiot/nut who couldn't be trusted.

Of course, Trump was a draft-dodger who shit on the military, so not surprising.

8cdb0be661f1f60cf2d1e7f44d79ba42.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, slorch said:

The secretary of defense did resign. It is obvious that Milley was not an enabler, as you say.

resigning seems to be your only singular solution, when some people feel that actually serving means standing up for what you think is right. Don’t leave the fight for the next guy…

If they resign at that point, Trump might push in some of his minions.  Hell, the SecDef/etc. were his minions and they didn't talk about what was going on behind-the-scenes.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump couldn't just launch nukes for shits and giggles.  The chain-of-command has to be followed, and various people, including Congressional leaders, have to be notified at various stages.  

Based on what was said about Milley making sure that everybody informed he and the other top generals, most likely Milley was trying to make sure a rogue general that supported Trump couldn't take some shortcuts and skip notifying the DOD leadership, Congress, etc.

The system has a lot of failsafes.

Wasn't then secretary of the defense, Christopher Miller, called out by name in the op ed letter by the former defense secretaries? The timeline for that letter was January 3rd, and Milley convened the 'nuke' meeting on the 8th. I'll ignore Michael Flynn's brother, Charles, for the time being, but I don't think their alarm was unjustified.

Tearing down more and more failsafes is exactly what the administration was attempting...to prepare for the next time.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, I'm not sure he really went outside the chain of command so much as kind of supplemented it in a way that perhaps undermined the CINC.

Seems like a UCMJ issue and a pretty serious one, but not much of a civilian offense.

Heard another general say today that Miley’s interaction with his Chinese counterpart was pretty much SOP; and that it was the kind of thing others did to assuage hostilities with North Korea and others. Someone described Milley’s effort as a attempt to convey to China not to take advantage of a temporary unstable situation in the US. 

The biggest takeaway is to understand just how much of a shit show Trump’s administration really was.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It must be exhausting for the Trump base to maintain their expertise in epidemiology, pharmacology, Constitutional law, strategic and tactical military operations, and foreign policy.

I can't hardly remember what to get at the HEB (when it's open) without a list, and I'm an express lane kind of guy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It must be exhausting for the Trump base to maintain their expertise in epidemiology, pharmacology, Constitutional law, strategic and tactical military operations, and foreign policy.

I can't hardly remember what to get at the HEB (when it's open) without a list, and I'm an express lane kind of guy.

What a classic beta cuck sheep thing to say.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Hundreds of stars.  These stupid mother fuckers

Their anti-vaxx and pro-Trump posts usually get somewhere from 75 to 123 the few times I've dropped into I.W.² 

This level of spit-spewing fervor is out there even for them. 

People attacking cops and calling for murder as they break into the Capitol  Treason

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs (whom they would normally slobber all over) making sure procedures are followed to avert a plunge into a majory war = Treason.

Trump = Savior of the US.

In their stadium at a football game, the Klassy, Kornball, Kick-Ass Aggies chant: Fuck Biden!

spacer.png

I think that's Brazos River. 

GET SOME!

Seriously, there will be more blood. A lot of it.

4 hours ago, Satchel said:
Doesn’t sound as sinister as the prevailing media narrative.
2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not only is he openly talking about it, but I'd be willing to bet money that, unlike Trump, Milley wasn't making those phone calls in private on his personal cell phone, that a lot of people were listening in and that they were recorded.

And if the Chinese had praised him for whatever reason, he wouldn't be talking about how great of a friendship they have, and that he and the Chinese general fell in love and wrote beautiful letters to one another.

2j2qah.jpg

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Who gives one single fuck what these morons and moron exploiting grifters say to each other.

Fuck all of them. Their opinions and thoughts are worthless.

Agree. It's about as meaningful as aggy agreeing to fudge pack each other to teach the tsips a lesson.

• Hook 'Em 1

Appears to be a prudent decision. 

We interact with militaries all over the world - regularly. We don't want misunderstandings with war games and the like. The images from the insurrection were quite shocking to world leaders - rogue President with the nuclear football and armed supporters storming the Capitol. 

Misunderstandings unnecessarily kill service members, which the General has a DUTY to protect. I don't see why he would not have let China know that there was no nuclear threat - despite the lunacy seen around the world. 

The Assistant to the Chairman (two-star) handles lines of communication with international counterparts.

(Traitors and enemies of the US beware - DoD/JCS linkhttps://www.jcs.mil/)

Edited by washparkhorn

9 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Who gives one single fuck what these morons and moron exploiting grifters say to each other.

Fuck all of them. Their opinions and thoughts are worthless.

They are except for the influence they wield upon others( who allow themselves to be manipulated.)

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

So Joint Chief had meetings with top generals, Pentagon officials, made phone calls to China and not a soul told the Prez? Sounds to me like they were all on the same page. Should be some interesting q&a. 

So Joint Chief had meetings with top generals.   OMG. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff had meetings with generals! The article says he discussed remaining true to procedures.

Pentagon officials, made phone calls to China. International military liaison is SOP.  It's how accidental wars are avoided.

Not a soul told the Prez?   Sounds like protocol was technically followed. The line wouldn't be crossed unless there was an actual intervention in a presidential command.

That Milley involved everyone in the chain of command makes it far less scary to me than if he'd done this as a lone wolf thing or with a small cadre of officers (SEE: ECONCOM in 7 days in May). That would be very troublesome. He wasn't trying to give aid, and comfort to the enemy, or overthrow our gov't, so it's not treason IMO.  He was back door trouble shooting, something I think we did with the Soviets thru many channels for decades.

Trump has never struck me as a hawk so unless he was truly unhinged, and threatening something, not sure what to believe about him trying to press buttons though.  I give no credence to anything Pelosi has to say about the competence of anyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

So Joint Chief had meetings with top generals, Pentagon officials, made phone calls to China and not a soul told the Prez? Sounds to me like they were all on the same page. Should be some interesting q&a. 

Actually they tried to tell Trump, but they didn't tell him about it in the form of a tweet that was printed out and handed to him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

If your read on a crisis in which military leaders risked their careers to protect the constitutional republic from the whims of a lone megalomaniac and prevent a war that could end the US and even civilization as we know it is that the military leaders were the ones committing treason, you might be a dumbfuck and an asshole. 

Kind of my point. It was either a nothingburger to a bunch of brass because it wasn't out of the ordinary enough to be mentioned to the upline or they were all in agreement that the head loon in charge probably needed to be watched closely. Personally I'd like to hear testimony that it was the latter because fuck Trump. It might not reflect so well on playback but whatever. 

45 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

He was back door trouble shooting, something I think we did with the Soviets thru many channels for decades.

That was my gut reaction.  I obviously don't know the actual protocols to set up one of these calls and who has to be clued in to it, but the act of calling the other side to tell them we aren't up to anything nefarious I understand happened all the time through the Cold War from the stuff I've read.  I'm sure it is common still.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

If your read on a crisis in which military leaders risked their careers to protect the constitutional republic from the whims of a lone megalomaniac and prevent a war that could end the US and even civilization as we know it is that the military leaders were the ones committing treason, you might be a dumbfuck and an asshole an Aggie. 

minor edit

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

That Milley involved everyone in the chain of command makes it far less scary to me than if he'd done this as a lone wolf thing or with a small cadre of officers (SEE: ECONCOM in 7 days in May). That would be very troublesome. He wasn't trying to give aid, and comfort to the enemy, or overthrow our gov't, so it's not treason IMO.  He was back door trouble shooting, something I think we did with the Soviets thru many channels for decades.

Trump has never struck me as a hawk so unless he was truly unhinged, and threatening something, not sure what to believe about him trying to press buttons though.  I give no credence to anything Pelosi has to say about the competence of anyone.

Clearly excerpts from the book sensationalized  what appeared to be routine communication with foreign military leaders in times of tumult.

24 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Clearly excerpts from the book sensationalized  what appeared to be routine communication with foreign military leaders in times of tumult.

Agreed. I think the "Milley had to put safeguards in place to keep Trump from going nuclear!" narrative is overblown. But it's still appalling that there was worldwide "tumult" and the need to give peaceful reassurances to our allies and enemies because one dude couldn't accept that he lost an election.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Yeah I haven't read the book so have no idea the context of many of the things discussed.  Pelosi calling anyone crazy is laughable IMO. She's full of more shit than a Clydesdale.

12 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah I haven't read the book so have no idea the context of many of the things discussed.  Pelosi calling anyone crazy is laughable IMO. She's full of more shit than a Clydesdale.

In what way was she wrong about Trump’s unstable behavior?