This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Never seen more bitching and moaning about a team that just won and covered against a top 15 team on the road.  When we roll TCU next Saturday don't jump back on the bandwagon.

I don’t see us stopping their offense at all.

What makes you so confident we can do that?

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

a few weeks ago half these guys were sucking Gundy's dick

The problem is that they are being emotional pussies, instead of thinking rationally, we get the same stupid shit I have been dealing since the Mack years, the same mindless emotional haters wanted to turn Vince into a WR and fire Mack after Mizzou 04.

And it is not even about being a pumper, I was literally the first one that wanted to fire Charlie Strong after his third game. Because I had seen what needed to see objectively.

• Hook 'Em 1

Calling people Aggie for complaining after a win is about the most Aggie thing you can do. Aggies have been over-hyping their program, their teams, and their coaches since 1939, with a level of delusion that exceeds every other major program in the country. It's taken a 3-6 record this year to finally move some of those rubes off the "Jimbo is God" pedestal.

To be unsatisfied with losing games the team should be winning, and/or not playing up to the talent level of the team in a win is a very reasonable viewpoint. You can still be happy with a win, but be unhappy with the performance of the coaches. Anyone who blindly supports this coaching staff right now given what we are seeing on the field has an over-optimistic perspective.

With all that said, go 3-0 and win the Big 12 title, and choo-choo, the football train is running again mf'rs.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

That was GDGD level call. Just unbelievably bad.  

he put the ball in his best player's hands 3 times, the guy that makes something out of nothing pretty much every other carry he has. If he doesn't get anything punt and hope like hell your bend but don't break defense doesn't break. Too bad it worked and we won I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, linux said:

I mean people are acting like the season is over and the team is barely bowl eligible, the team has 4-5 games left. A 9 win season is on par with 1999.

Edit: it isn’t likely that Texas wins enough to play in the Big Xii CG.

Texas would have win out to get to 9 wins and a shot at 10 including CG (11 including Bowl). It could happen, and I’d be ecstatic. It isn’t likely. I think we beat Baylor. The other two teams have a serious chance to beat us.

Edited by lilMAC25

23 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The interesting stat from the game yesterday. Texas had ten 4 star players and five 5 star players. KSU had one 4 star. 

Not really when we basically hear this every single conference game. And yet, we’ve beat them 6 times in a row. 

There should be a bingo card for this stuff. “5 star players without the 5 star culture”, 5 & 4 star comparisons, “they need 5 star guys that are 2 star hungry” and so on…

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

There is no scenario where this Texas team plays 5 more games. None.

Texas would have win out to get to 9 wins. It could happen, and I’d be ecstatic. It isn’t likely. I think we beat Baylor. The other two teams have a serious chance to beat us.

WTF did I just read, if Texas wins out they are an 11 win team. I sometimes prefer it when we suck and I don't visit these boards lol

2 minutes ago, linux said:

WTF did I just read, if Texas wins out they are an 11 win team. I sometimes prefer it when we suck and I don't visit these boards lol

I edited before you posted again.

I was referring to regular season, and honestly forgot there was an outside chance at a BigXiiCG appearance.

Edited by lilMAC25

8 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

he put the ball in his best player's hands 3 times, the guy that makes something out of nothing pretty much every other carry he has. If he doesn't get anything punt and hope like hell your bend but don't break defense doesn't break. Too bad it worked and we won I guess.

You’re ok with those play calls given what the defense was showing?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

The idea behind this thread is Sark is good offensive mind, but not a very good HC.  That's who he is.  That's what the OP said in his first post and I still think he's 100% correct.  Nothing that's happened this year, or frankly even last night, did much to change that assessment.  Maybe this is the turning point that will shut doubters like me up. We'll see. But the same problems that have plagued this team the past two years popped up yet gain, and nearly cost us -- bad playcalling, lack of adjustments to the opponents adjustments, terrible defense, fundamentally and situationally, etc.  

Immamac is 1000% correct that we were the most talented team on the field last night.  It wasn't close. With better coaching, we beat K-state soundly.

If we want to contend for SEC championships, we will need to win road games against teams where we do not have a massive talent advantage.  The only thing separating winning from losing will be clutch coaching. Do we really think this staff is capable of delivering on that in any capacity?  

If you want to myopically look 2 feet in front of your face and pound your chest about a near total chokejob, go ahead.  But this is not the thread for that.  Go whoop about it on the game thread.  

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, linux said:

I sometimes prefer it when we suck and I don't visit these boards lol

It sounds like this thread really isn't for you. It's a thread about the performance of the coaching staff, not a celebration of a team getting a win. Now, if your point is that the coaching staff performance has been great this year, and yesterday, well go ahead and enlighten us.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Ah the fumbles. Let’s talk about those. One coaching staff had properly paid attention to details and ensured its players executed a proper ball stripping technique in the open field.

The other coaching staff constantly had players holding the ball with the improper technique, allowing for the defense to strip the ball. Hell, go look at many of Bijan’s carries. There were several plays where he was holding it away from his body. Texas is lucky they didn’t lose 1 or 2 more.  Attention to details. 

You got to be fucking kidding me man. Speaking of attention to detail, did you do any research at all on this take? Bijan has fumbled a grand total of fucking ONE fumble in 211 touches. Now granted that fumble happened at a remarkably shitty time but come on man. We have fumble six times in nine fucking games as a team, six times in 606 offensive plays. But it is just luck that happened. Not coaching, not technique. Just luck. 

And Kansas State, who not only fumbled three times to our two in this game, is also worse on the season. But apparently they are just better coached in this area where they are objectively inferior. 

And this is all based on the fact that you saw Bijan, a guy who fumbles 0.5% of the time, carry the ball slightly away from his body once. Sure Kansas State may have forced fewer fumbles on the year than Texas and sure maybe they have fumbled more themselves. And sure they fumbled more in this game we just watched. But beyond that, I think we can all conclude that our coaching staff has players holding the ball improper technique and theirs is doing right...despite achieving inferior results.

You know what? If improper technique results in only 6 fumbles total in 9 games (three lost) I hope all of our damn teams learn this improper technique. By most measures that is pretty fucking good.

• Hook 'Em 7

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

You got to be fucking kidding me man. Speaking of attention to detail, did you do any research at all on this take? Bijan has fumbled a grand total of fucking ONE fumble in 211 touches. Now granted that fumble happened at a remarkably shitty time but come on man. We have fumble six times in nine fucking games as a team, six times in 606 offensive plays. But it is just luck that happened. Not coaching, not technique. Just luck. 

And Kansas State, who not only fumbled three times to our two in this game, is also worse on the season. But apparently they are just better coached in this area where they are objectively inferior. 

And this is all based on the fact that you saw Bijan, a guy who fumbles 0.5% of the time, carry the ball slightly away from his body once. Sure Kansas State may have forced fewer fumbles on the year than Texas and sure maybe they have fumbled more themselves. And sure they fumbled more in this game we just watched. But beyond that, I think we can all conclude that our coaching staff has players holding the ball improper technique and theirs is doing right...despite achieving inferior results.

You know what? If improper technique results in only 6 fumbles total in 9 games (three lost) I hope all of our damn teams learn this improper technique. By most measures that is pretty fucking good.

I don't disagree with you, and your comment is fair in the larger context. I was responding to everyone saying it was just blind bad luck that Texas lost fumbles in the game. The Worthy fumble wasn't bad luck. It was punched out with a great move by the defender. 

18 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It sounds like this thread really isn't for you. It's a thread about the performance of the coaching staff, not a celebration of a team getting a win. Now, if your point is that the coaching staff performance has been great this year, and yesterday, well go ahead and enlighten us.

Thread title is meaningless, thread title does not excuse mind drivel, that said he made a mistake which is fine, there is no "outside chance" UT still controls its own destiny. Outside chance is when the team is not mathematically eliminated.

Edited by linux

48 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

saying anything to Worthy is a sure thing is pretty comical.

Worthy has done way more good than he has done bad this year.  It's not his fault Quinn continually overthrows him on deep routes and half the fan base says "he stops his routes!!1" or blames him for not diving for a ball that he'd have zero chance of touching even with a dive.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, linux said:

Thread title is meaningless, thread title does not excuse mind drivel, that said he made a mistake which is fine, there is no "outside chance" UT still controls its own destiny. Outside chance is when the team is not mathematically eliminated.

And I caught and edited my own error before

you came back crying.

7 minutes ago, linux said:

I said it is fine to make a mistake, I still think you should be more informed about Big XII standings before you post though

We are in tied for 2nd and we still have yet to play the #1 team in the BigXii. We still have to play one of the teams that is tied with us for 2nd.

We still have to play the #3 team on the road (where we struggle).

you have more confidence in Sark and this team than I do.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

We are in tied for 2nd and we still have yet to play the #1 team in the BigXii.

We still have to play the #3 team on the road (where we struggle).

you have more confidence in Sark and this team than I do.

I said my prediction was 9 wins, which is still fair and in line

Bowl win

Beat TCU

Win one of Baylor or Kansas.

That is still better than 99 which was a disaster late season.

9 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Immamac is 1000% correct that we were the most talented team on the field last night.  It wasn't close. With better coaching, we beat K-state soundly.

We have talent in some areas and deficiencies in others. You constantly point this out moaning about slow white guys. But suddenly when it suits your narrative, you flip it around and insist we should destroy everybody with these slow white guys you hate. We have freshmen all over the offensive line. We have like one wide receiver who is a deep threat. Our defense is incredibly deficient at both line backer and DB. 

This whole thing about how we have all the best players but we just need a magical coach to swoop in suddenly we will go 12-0 is nonsense. It has always been nonsense. Our program has been mismanaged from a personnel perspective for years and years.

If we want to contend for SEC championships, we will need to win road games against teams where we do not have a massive talent advantage.  The only thing separating winning from losing will be clutch coaching. Do we really think this staff is capable of delivering on that in any capacity?  

I reject this notion we have a massive talent advantage and I have 13 years of evidence to refer to. And I reject this notion that Big 12 teams have massive talent deficiencies compared to SEC teams. It is not like they go out of conference and get destroyed by everybody who isn't us. This is a false narrative. We have good players and coaches in this league. Kansas State was #13 in the country for a reason. This whole SECSECSEC everybody who is not SECSECSEC is garbage is infantile.

Our team has big weaknesses. Our receivers aren't great, they don't get open. We have X and Sanders and Whit and they are fine but don't strike terror into the hearts of opposing defenses. Our offensive line is young and raw and while they have potential they can be beat. Our running game is close to elite but not invincible. 

The defense can mostly stop the run but can't cover anybody. We can collapse the pocket but holy shit can we not seem to wrap up the QB, which is weird since they can do decent open field tackles on other offensive players. 

Is all that coaching? I am sure some of it is. I am sure somebody out there could get a little bit more out of those guys. But I think most of it is just recruiting and talent issues. Is it any surprise we can't hold a damn lead when our pass defense struggles with coverage? When the other team is going to be passing a ton? There is more to it than that, sure. We are also a loser bunch who knows how to lose while that predates Sark he has to overcome that and so far it isn't looking good. But analysis of Sark's previous coaching tenure doesn't show a tendency to blow leads. So saying this is all him and he just needs to call better plays I think is unfair. It might be true but let's see what happens with a little more data. 

I see you doing similar rushes to vast and frequently wrong judgements on the baseball team as well so...you know...

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, linux said:

I said my prediction was 9 wins, which is still fair and in line

Bowl win

Beat TCU

Win one of Baylor or Kansas.

That is still better than 99 which was a disaster late season.

And I said Mack’s production from 98-2003.

Texas went

98- 9-3

99- 9-5 

00- 9-3

01- 11-2

02- 11-2

03- 10-3

if Sark manages that, I’ll be ride or die Sark. No question. 

40 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Yea I am. it fucking worked and we won but you guys keep crying about winning the fucking game.

We are talking about reaching a standard that wins us conference championships and playoff games. C level coaching performances may get us wins that make us fat and happy by being average but it will not get you wins against A+ coaching. I don' t think constant 3 point second halves and getting outscored in the 4th quarter should be celebrated. We all are going to enjoy the win but the coaching staff should be sick to their stomach that zero changed from OkSt to KSt. We just ended up on the winning side due to one play when an average performance in the second half would have gotten us a comfortable win.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

Having the best player on the field doesn't mean you give him the ball every fucking play. You can use him to great effect with some play fakes. It sure doesn't mean putting him in a one back set with nine defenders on the line and every single one knows that he's getting the ball because the coach doesn't seem capable of anything creative. Almost no deception in the second half. Likewise, Bijan is one heck of a threat as a receiver. Get him the ball over the middle when all he has to do to get some clear running room is lose one linebacker. Third and two for the offense is a death sentence if only one player is getting the ball. 

How about three or four five-ten yard QB keepers, just to keep some of the tacklers off Bijan?

Looks to me like Sark's brain short circuits when the game is on the line. He freezes up. The offense didn't win that game, a tireless relentless defense did. Sark almost gave it away, and without that fumble that's exactly what would have happened.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

You can clearly see Bijan being aware and holding it tight at the right time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We have talent in some areas and deficiencies in others. You constantly point this out moaning about slow white guys. But suddenly when it suits your narrative, you flip it around and insist we should destroy everybody with these slow white guys you hate. We have freshmen all over the offensive line. We have like one wide receiver who is a deep threat. Our defense is incredibly deficient at both line backer and DB. 

This whole thing about how we have all the best players but we just need a magical coach to swoop in suddenly we will go 12-0 is nonsense. It has always been nonsense. Our program has been mismanaged from a personnel perspective for years and years.

I reject this notion we have a massive talent advantage and I have 13 years of evidence to refer to. And I reject this notion that Big 12 teams have massive talent deficiencies compared to SEC teams. It is not like they go out of conference and get destroyed by everybody who isn't us. This is a false narrative. We have good players and coaches in this league. Kansas State was #13 in the country for a reason. This whole SECSECSEC everybody who is not SECSECSEC is garbage is infantile.

Our team has big weaknesses. Our receivers aren't great, they don't get open. We have X and Sanders and Whit and they are fine but don't strike terror into the hearts of opposing defenses. Our offensive line is young and raw and while they have potential they can be beat. Our running game is close to elite but not invincible. 

The defense can mostly stop the run but can't cover anybody. We can collapse the pocket but holy shit can we not seem to wrap up the QB, which is weird since they can do decent open field tackles on other offensive players. 

Is all that coaching? I am sure some of it is. I am sure somebody out there could get a little bit more out of those guys. But I think most of it is just recruiting and talent issues. Is it any surprise we can't hold a damn lead when our pass defense struggles with coverage? When the other team is going to be passing a ton? There is more to it than that, sure. We are also a loser bunch who knows how to lose while that predates Sark he has to overcome that and so far it isn't looking good. But analysis of Sark's previous coaching tenure doesn't show a tendency to blow leads. So saying this is all him and he just needs to call better plays I think is unfair. It might be true but let's see what happens with a little more data. 

I see you doing similar rushes to vast and frequently wrong judgements on the baseball team as well so...you know...

I don't know what the fuck you are talking about with the slow white guy stuff.  I think you have me confused with someone else.

We have talent deficiencies on this team - I don't deny that.  But we have far, far more talent than K-state.  It's not even objectively close.  To pretend otherwise is silly.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Easier to be more creative on 1st and 2nd down. 3rd and 15 you have your hands tied a bit and the defense is going to be conservative defending the sticks.

Sorta my point on 1st and 2nd. But Sark is not being creative on 2nd downs in 2nd halves. And the motion, roll, throwback can just as easily be tried on 3rd and 15 as it can on 2nd and 5.

I think sark is not the one. We have the talent. Championship level talent, no but we aren’t too far. I would bet on sark being fired than making it work.

Buuut

Maybe if we hope and pray he is clemsoning or was it dabo-ing? And dabo finally figured it out. Maybe that can be sark.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

This is all good stuff. I still think we aren't very well coached and should have blown that game open but you're right in that it's difficult to judge Sark until he gets another couple of recruiting cycles in. I mean, is Tennessee really any better than Texas? They have a 5th year QB and scraped past Bama at home and got fucked on in Athens. I feel like we give UGA a better game than them. Or USC who just let Cal hang 35 on them? We would be favored against them on a neutral field. 

I think we're a little bit better than our record. Some of that is on coaching, some of that is on the players. We should have never lost in Stillwater - that was fucking embarrassing and 100% on Sark. The other 2 losses are understandable - and both pretty flukey. 

In terms of getting things going in the right direction - our defense has won multiple games for us this season - regardless of how much we want to bitch about them. It's been awhile since we've seen that. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is all good stuff. I still think we aren't very well coached and should have blown that game open but you're right in that it's difficult to judge Sark until he gets another couple of recruiting cycles in. I mean, is Tennessee really any better than Texas? They have a 5th year QB and scraped past Bama at home and got fucked on in Athens. I feel like we give UGA a better game than them. Or USC who just let Cal hang 35 on them? We would be favored against them on a neutral field. 

I think we're a little bit better than our record. Some of that is on coaching, some of that is on the players. We should have never lost in Stillwater - that was fucking embarrassing and 100% on Sark. The other 2 losses are understandable - and both pretty flukey. 

In terms of getting things going in the right direction - our defense has won multiple games for us this season - regardless of how much we want to bitch about them. It's been awhile since we've seen that. 

To me the indefensible loss is Tech. 3rd string shit tier QB.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, OU Sucks said:

Would you toss it to the short side here?

image.thumb.png.cc2c2ba9dea574c9c2a55fbcb3bf796b.png

Any fake to Bijan likely goes for a huge gain because KSU was selling out on stopping Bijan and it not only went to Bijan all 3 times, but the plays had no shot from the start.  Inside slant to Worthy would have gone for a TD on either down if the throw was on the mark.  Sure, there's a risk in having an incompletion and stopping the clock, but Sark needs to take chances to win games instead of being conservative to not lose, because turning the ball over on downs is just as bad.

You guys are hilarious. Last game OSU loaded the box. We threw it and dropped it. You guys were all over the coach about not running the damn ball even though they had the box loaded. Fast forward and the coach runs the damn ball, just like you asked, and you are now pissed because he didn't throw it. So basically if he makes a call and it doesn't work it was a bad call according to you folks. Just blows my mind. 

Now let's talk about the play. You have 8 in the box and your idea is to throw a slant into the teeth of that with a freshman QB and a 160lb receiver? You saw the hit and subsequent fumble earlier in the game on Worthy right? And that's if he even tries to catch it. Let's get into the play call. The picture you put up doesn't show the whole deal. We have 6 blockers to the boundary. You can't see Sanders but he is over there. If blocked correctly you get Bijan in space against a DB who is just as far off the LOS as he is. The middle to left side of their defense doesn't matter. This is pin and pull. You set the edge and pull blockers out in front of Bijan. Everyone behind the play has no chance and the toss ensures that. If we block it right its a great call and could potentially get housed. However, no one accounts for the blitzing DB and he and he alone blows up the play. I am not sure who was at fault, but it wasn't blocked well. Chalk that up to an inexperienced line. There are rules for what people are supposed to do if they are covered vs uncovered in pin and pull. Once the DB spun down and became the new edge the blocking rules changed......but our line didn't recognize it and adjust. Everything that isn't executed well looks like a bad play call. Welcome to 2022. 

images_authors_monninger_041420_Slide2.j

Screenshot (304).png

Screenshot (305).png

Screenshot (306).png

Screenshot (307).png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck You 1