This is who Steve Sarkisian is.

lilMAC25

There is a mental block on this team when they get a lead. Probably starts from the top down. They play tight, they make mistakes, the playcalling isn't great, the execution drops off. Yet they finally won a game on the road in a tough environment. If they can put together 2 halves of football, they'll beat most teams in front of them. Yesterday was another step forward.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, hookem48 said:

when Kansas State had 1st and 35 and we immediately had the personal foul and Sark put his arm around the guy when he came off the field just really rubbed me the wrong way. There's times to get in a guy's shit and that was one of those times.

Yeah, that works great when Jimbo does it. 

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This is what gets me. There is ALWAYS excuses from our fans. 

I believe it was CTJ or maybe some IT mod who said we made a run at Kelly when Urban said no.  If you believe that then ultimately the failure is on the administration   Woodward on the other hand got the job done     

10 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I missed 95% of the game and tuned in for the final offensive drive (not including the kneel down ). On third down, they panned to Sark who had this pathetic look on his face as if he knew what would happen before the snap. Kansas State shows a loaded box with double safety run blitzers. A running play was doomed but we decided to run a simply toss to Bijan anyway. Jones misses his block but it didn’t matter.  For all of his genius as a play caller to attack tendency, Sark just telegraphed his play and didn’t care. 

We won thank God but the head coach istill coached the second half like a loser. It’s fair to be happy we won and also be concerned about the psyche of our coach in the second half. 

It’s befuddling.  Feels like he just wants the game over with and is killing clock.   Score.    A touchdown.   Glad we got the dub but I’m still not convinced he’s the right guy but willing to give him a chance.   

They ran a couple screens in the second half. One was on a 2nd and 15 following a penalty and was a few yards short. Other one got blown up.

This is an example of Sark at his best and worst. I want to say the screen getting blown up was on 3rd down.

The big play screen to Bijan had motion and a half roll to the right with a throwback on 2nd down. He is dictating to the defense. It was creative. Easily executable.

The other was a more traditional design on a more traditional screen down. It failed cause the defense identified it easily and quickly for those reasons. And I was thinking it was after we ran the one on 2nd and 15.

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

I believe it was CTJ or maybe some IT mod who said we made a run at Kelly when Urban said no.  If you believe that then ultimately the failure is on the administration   Woodward on the other hand got the job done     

I think Kelly was a win or two from passing Rockne.  He wasn’t leaving.  We were a year early

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The best sign of a good coach and staff is measured improvement from week to week and year to year. Yesterday's win was ugly but important. A 3-0 finish would be a strong sign of improvement. An 0-3 finish would pretty much guarantee a DC or DB coach change is necessary. I hope PK gets it figured out, but I'm skeptical. Sark should be able to get continued offensive improvement, but then we've been talking about these 2nd half disappearing acts for awhile.

I feel the same way about PK. 

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This is what gets me. There is ALWAYS excuses from our fans. 

Not the same team. Page me when Max Johnson has a team 7-2. What's funny about @lilMAC25 sucking Brian Kelly's dick is that they are only one game better than us and our starting QB was out for 2 of our 3 losses. 

4 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

This is an example of Sark at his best and worst. I want to say the screen getting blown up was on 3rd down.

The big play screen to Bijan had motion and a half roll to the right with a throwback on 2nd down. He is dictating to the defense. It was creative. Easily executable.

The other was a more traditional design on a more traditional screen down. It failed cause the defense identified it easily and quickly for those reasons. And I was thinking it was after we ran the one on 2nd and 15.

Easier to be more creative on 1st and 2nd down. 3rd and 15 you have your hands tied a bit and the defense is going to be conservative defending the sticks.

Edited by Hookem2147

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Not the same team. Page me when Max Johnson has a team 7-2. What's funny about @lilMAC25 sucking Brian Kelly's dick is that they are only one game better than us and our starting QB was out for 2 of our 3 losses. 

Dude sark fucking sucks. But we continually make excuses. Just stop. 

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm completely out on Sark and nothing will change my mind about it. Winning with the talent advantage he has by not losing is why he will never do anything great. I want to believe he can pull his head from his ass, but at this point I don't think he can without some serious outside help. 

Well I see a lot of promise, he is not perfect and I would love i if he had a talk with Mack about being clutch and playing loose more with big leads. But this is not an unfixable problem, Charlie Strong being horrific at XOs is never fixable, Herman being unliked by everyone is never fixable. But having the team play loose AND still execute is still doable.

There are 4-5 games left. And they are going to be better odds at winning than last night.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t know man- there’s a large large large body of literature that says fumble recovery is just basically dumbass luck. We’ve been absolutely dogshit (or unlucky) this year at that. 

Recoveries yeah. But not all “forced” are equal. K State, and Coburn at the end, made nice plays to jar the ball loose. I don’t give Worthy too much grief, that was a hat right on the ball. RoJo, I mean it was a great strip by the defender, but RBs know to secure the ball in that situation.

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We’re one of the better pass rush defenses in college football according to PFF. 

my whole life I've heard that qbs hate pressure in their face and knew it was true, this team makes me question that. We get consistent pressure up the middle but it just doesn't matter. Maybe the fact that qbs know they aren't getting killed after they throw the ball anymore has changed this. we need edge pressure in the worst way.

Here's 2nd and 3rd down on the critical drive in the fourth, where we just needed a first down or two to ice the game.  It's okay to give our best player the ball in crunch time, but would you run it up the middle here?

image.thumb.png.c1a7a20951c8413b543759c0d70d5d5c.png

Would you toss it to the short side here?

image.thumb.png.cc2c2ba9dea574c9c2a55fbcb3bf796b.png

Any fake to Bijan likely goes for a huge gain because KSU was selling out on stopping Bijan and it not only went to Bijan all 3 times, but the plays had no shot from the start.  Inside slant to Worthy would have gone for a TD on either down if the throw was on the mark.  Sure, there's a risk in having an incompletion and stopping the clock, but Sark needs to take chances to win games instead of being conservative to not lose, because turning the ball over on downs is just as bad.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Chip Kelly has more wins in his first season at LSU IN 9 games than Sark had in 15 or so games at TEXAS.

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

my whole life I've heard that qbs hate pressure in their face and knew it was true, this team makes me question that. We get consistent pressure up the middle but it just doesn't matter. Maybe the fact that qbs know they aren't getting killed after they throw the ball anymore has changed this. we need edge pressure in the worst way.

It’s more about having wide the fuck open receivers that they can easily get the ball to even if under pressure. 

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Dude sark fucking sucks. But we continually make excuses. Just stop. 

Being a mindless hater is way way dumber.

I always argue that the Aggies made an increadibly stupid mistake in getting rid of Sherman, he had the same late game collapses in 11, but what do you know he stockpiled and developed talent where their 12 team was NFL good. So Sumlin took credit for that with the complete inability to stockpile and develop NFL talent on his own. Leading to bad choices compounding the bad choices and they are where they are.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, linux said:

I always argue that the Aggies made an increadibly stupid mistake in getting rid of Sherman, he had the same late game collapses in 11, but what do you know he stockpiled and developed talent where their 12 team was NFL good. So Sumlin took credit for that with the complete inability to stockpile and develop NFL talent on his own. Leading to bad choices compounding the bad choices and they are where they are.

Mindless? Use your fucking brain and look at the tenure of sark here. Look at his career. Fucking spare was hired on a whim without a true search for a head coach. Fuck outta here bitch ass pussy 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Dude this team is wildly good. It’s actually crazy how good they are. I have been very consistent about that. 

Is it? We’re starting 2 true freshmen on the OL, a freshman QB, and we have holes all over the defense (i.e., players who aren’t close to “wildly good”).

From a skill position a standpoint, I agree. But as an overall roster? Nah, this isn’t anything close to Mack’s rosters in the 00s. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Here's 2nd and 3rd down on the critical drive in the fourth, where we just needed a first down or two to ice the game.  It's okay to give our best player the ball in crunch time, but would you run it up the middle here?

Any fake to Bijan likely goes for a huge gain because KSU was selling out on stopping Bijan and it not only went to Bijan all 3 times, but the plays had no shot from the start.  Inside slant to Worthy would have gone for a TD on either down if the throw was on the mark.  Sure, there's a risk in having an incompletion and stopping the clock, but Sark needs to take chances to win games instead of being conservative to not lose.

saying anything to Worthy is a sure thing is pretty comical.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, linux said:

The 12 season doesn’t happen if they don’t fire Sherman because Kliff doesn’t get brought in to call plays for JFF.  They probably play some statue instead.  Their ceiling is right where Sumlin had them.  

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The interesting stat from the game yesterday. Texas had ten 4 star players and five 5 star players. KSU had one 4 star. 

(10+5) -1 = 14.  14/2 = 7, our margin of victory.  Advanced analytics!  What do I win?

Texas has done less with more for some time, so that stat is unsurprising.

Edited by boilerhorn

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Mindless? Use your fucking brain and look at the tenure of sark here. Look at his career. Fucking spare was hired on a whim without a true search for a head coach. Fuck outta here bitch ass pussy 

Losers like you would have gotten rid of Mack Brown after 03

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Any fake to Bijan likely goes for a huge gain because KSU was selling out on stopping Bijan and it not only went to Bijan all 3 times, but the plays had no shot from the start.  Inside slant to Worthy would have gone for a TD on either down if the throw was on the mark.  Sure, there's a risk in having an incompletion and stopping the clock, but Sark needs to take chances to win games instead of being conservative to not lose, because turning the ball over on downs is just as bad.

That is Greg Davis level bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, lilMAC25 said:

Lol, I’d give you a fucking handjob on Bevo Boulevard on Gameday if you could guarantee Sark would replicate Mack’s results from 1998-2003.

I mean people are acting like the season is over and the team is barely bowl eligible, the team has 4-5 games left. A 9 win season is on par with 1999.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Mack better thank god Brewer got Vince’s commitment. Mother fucker never won a big game in his career until Vince. Got his shit pushed in by stoops and Bowden. 

Like I said loser, we roll the dice, get someone like Jeff Tedford and rinse and repeat the current coaching carousel.

Just now, linux said:

I mean people are acting like the season is over and the team is barely bowl eligible, the team has 4-5 games left. A 9 win season is on par with 1999.

Kansas state was our best remaining matchup. Every other team we’re going to play has offenses that attack the biggest weaknesses of our defense.