Stop snapping the ball with 4 seconds on the game clock in the 3rd quarter

Firemans4Horn

• Firemans4Horn changed the title to Stop snapping the ball with 4 seconds on the game clock in the 3rd quarter

Yep just rewatched it again 5 times. Hits josh Moore in the hands after he had beat his man with NO ONE in front of him. It was a perfect playcall. A near perfect throw and just a fucking drop from a wide receiver who will never do anything after college. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, immamac said:

Yep just rewatched it again 5 times. Hits josh Moore in the hands after he had beat his man with NO ONE in front of him. It was a perfect playcall. A near perfect throw and just a fucking drop from a wide receiver who will never do anything after college. 

Maybe it should've worked but that doesn't make it the correct decision for the situation.  Especially when you just did it the week before with the same result.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Maybe it should've worked but that doesn't make it the correct decision for the situation.  Especially when you just did it the week before with the same result.   

it was the perfect decision, the receiver was open and dropped the fucking ball. What changes waiting till the fourth quarter? Is Moore going to be more open? No. Will it be a better pass? No. Oh yeah, what changes is they get a couple minutes to prepare.

What a stupid fucking thread, I apologize for bumping this piece of shit.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hookem48 said:

it was the perfect decision, the receiver was open and dropped the fucking ball. What changes waiting till the fourth quarter? Is Moore going to be more open? No. Will it be a better pass? No. Oh yeah, what changes is they get a couple minutes to prepare.

What a stupid fucking thread, I apologize for bumping this piece of shit.

Again you are focusing on the outcome of the play which in my mind doesn't matter when strategically with the lead you should burn the clock and go to the 4th.    

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Again you are focusing on the outcome of the play which in my mind doesn't matter when strategically with the lead you should burn the clock and go to the 4th.    

if the fucking play went for a touchdown like it should have would this thread exist or would everyone be focusing on the outcome of the play?

37 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Wouldn't that be turtling?  Is that you Tom?

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

And there is no reason it couldn’t have been the first play of 4th qtr

I mean... there's probably some merit to the idea that the break allows the defense to get set up.

And if we run the same play with the same outcome on the other side of the quarter, we're talking about a :07 or so difference in clock run off? I guess that is worth starting a thread over

7 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I mean... there's probably some merit to the idea that the break allows the defense to get set up.

And our offense has no time to make sure the play goes well? Are you suggesting that we had the defense on its heels at that point

Edited by Sawbonz

Offensive coaches want to run as many plays as possible.  That's the deal and has been for a while now.  TOP isn't the leading metric any longer, it's run a shitload more plays than the other team did.  It's why the game is played the way it is now, except for maybe the academies.  The only reason you wouldn't do it is if there was some sizable negative in the kicking game (ie wind) that you could either take advantage of or get out of being at the disadvantage.  Our newfangled stadium almost negates the wind at this point (yesterday a prime example where there was a solid north wind outside the stadium and not much of a breeze at all down on the field)

The play call was perfect...it was a TD if he just catches the ball. 

This thread is stupid.  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Clock management is way, way down the list of things this staff hasn’t done very well.  Like number 60.  Overall it’s been pretty good.  Focusing on this one detail of a coaching aspect that has been not terrible seems…lame. 

We fixed everything else.  

44 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

And there is no reason it couldn’t have been the first play of 4th qtr

Unless Ok St lined up in a different coverage that would’ve limited that particular play call. Sark may have liked what he saw on their defense and tried to take advantage of it.

17 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Clock management is way, way down the list of things this staff hasn’t done very well.  Like number 60.  Overall it’s been pretty good.  Focusing on this one detail of a coaching aspect that has been not terrible seems…lame. 

Its the 2nd week in a row they've made the same mistake.  And both times critical plays and they rushed in and failed to execute.

It could really bite us late in the game if you can't even get it at the end of the 3rd quarter.  Just flat out stupid.  Too often over the past 6-7 years we rush into a play in a critical situation and fail to execute.

18 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

And if we run the same play with the same outcome on the other side of the quarter, we're talking about a :07 or so difference in clock run off? I guess that is worth starting a thread over

And if we have the clock running, it eats up 45 seconds.

On 10/17/2021 at 9:35 AM, immamac said:

Sounds like me if you change 'college' to 'pee wee'.

I was yelling the same thing, but the much more egregious coaching came in the 4th quarter. On 1st down, Bijan gains 8 yards. Unfortunately, Majors comes up limping off the field. Two things are known at this point in the game. The defense is not stopping OSU, you need a FG to win the game and 4 minutes to get into that position.

Instead of taking a TO to calm things down and get the offense on the same page and figure what you want to do with the OL, you instead run 3 shitty plays in less that 20 seconds all getting stoned. 2 of which were completely blown up due to Kerstetter playing C.

Fuck, Karic wasn't even paying attention, and had to be yelled at by the rest of the team to get his fucking helmet and run into the game.