Do we even lift bro? S&C program stinks

Bruh Man

15 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Overmatched and overpowered in 3 games this season. At least under Herman/Yancy, we looked the part. 

We got hurt just as frequently with Yancy, but a lot of that was due to Todd Orlando ramming DBs into OL for 90 plays per game. At least we weren’t fucking weak. We look weak and under-conditioned with Benton.

I've felt for a looooooong time (maybe since Orakpo?) that our guys have always looks smaller than other team. Thompson and the running backs looks stout. Everyone else? 

Just now, UT_OB1 said:

Well Bijian can squat 315 fir 3 sets of 10 in less than 10 minutes. Wtf kind of goal/workout is that?  Are we bodybuilding now?  

I’ve said this for years now, but many S&C coaches don’t study anatomy and physiology enough. They just are the jacked guy who is just consistent and applying the same program to every player. I feel like a PT would be a better person to design programs than whatever they use now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I've felt for a looooooong time (maybe since Orakpo?) that our guys have always looks smaller than other team. Thompson and the running backs looks stout. Everyone else? 

Our players looked bigger back then. And no, it's not because of the bigger pads. Nobody on our defense looks like this anymore. Maybe Mad Dog knew what the hell he was doing. 

maxresdefault.jpg

rbzUTMU17JPG.jpg

october-2008-sooner-qb-sam-bradford-is-s

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Juke_Em said:

It's always a bad sign when more of your players are constantly getting hurt in a game. Didn't see one injury from OK State but almost every series, someone from Texas was on the ground after a play

Do you not remember the year every RB was basically dead and Roschon switched to RB? Sometimes the injuries just happen. We haven’t had a bye week yet and I imagine this team is extremely tired after getting beat up in some very physical games

We are playing about 5 guys on each side of the ball who are just weak.   Ok state had maybe 1.   They are an old team with probably an average of 3 years in the program.  We have some youth and just some weak guys who should not be out there.  I think you have to evaluate the strength program over more than just a year but the early returns are not promising 

EF5ADC60-CFAC-43CA-B445-3724CB80707E.thumb.png.e439725d501b6673d6bd6133e3f2b6b2.png

found this in Torre Becton’s likes on Twitter.

its now: 

Q1: +58 Q2: +34 Q3: +16 Q4: -24

he’s denying a very clear issue. Who gives a shit if the backups were in? We can’t play 4 quarters of football because are players literally incapable. 

guy has got to go.

Edited by stickyicky

Just now, FirstTimeCaller said:

You forgot about Okafor, Malcom Brown (DT), Keenan Robinson, Poona Ford (human chode), and Ossai. On offense we’ve had Warren III, Duvernay, Cosmi a few other studs. We’ve had big strong guys that were wasted by shit coaches. We’ve never looked this weak though.

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

You forgot about Okafor, Malcom Brown (DT), Keenan Robinson, Poona Ford (human chode), and Ossai. On offense we’ve had Warren III, Duvernay, Cosmi a few other studs. We’ve had big strong guys that were wasted by shit coaches. We’ve never looked this weak though.

Yeah, we'll have guys here and there. But it never seems like it's the team as a whole. I noticed today that the DBs for OSU were massive compared to Worthy/Moore. 

2 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Yeah, we'll have guys here and there. But it never seems like it's the team as a whole. I noticed today that the DBs for OSU were massive compared to Worthy/Moore. 

Terrible comparison. Jaylen Waddle and Devonta Smith were under 180 lbs and killed it as WRs at Bama. Modern WRs are not big. Size matters at OL/DL/ILB. Everything else is more of a speed game, outside of your short yardage back.

17 minutes ago, Juke_Em said:

It's always a bad sign when more of your players are constantly getting hurt in a game. Didn't see one injury from OK State but almost every series, someone from Texas was on the ground after a play

Did you know that the offense didn't get another first down after our last TD with 11:38 left in the 3rd?

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

Terrible comparison. Jaylen Waddle and Devonta Smith were under 180 lbs and killed it as WRs at Bama. Modern WRs are not big. Size matters at OL/DL/ILB. Everything else is more of a speed game, outside of your short yardage back.

You have a point to some extent. But I also saw a DB completely shove Moore(?) out of the way to make a tackle for loss against a receiver on a swing pass. Like a rag doll.

2 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Well Bijian can squat 315 fir 3 sets of 10 in less than 10 minutes. Wtf kind of goal/workout is that?  Are we bodybuilding now?  

Are you seriously questioning Bijan’s conditioning routine? Motherfucker can do 100 jumping jacks for all I care, that’s the worst example possible…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

At least with Yancy we knew we wouldn't be out-hussled. I don't know what to think of Becton in year one, but our injuries are ridiculous. I feel sorry for the players who were sold on making Texas better like D-MO. Dude works his ass off only to have to line up near Brockermeyer. 

DMo is just as much of a liability as Brockermeyer

Meanwhile Baylor was still flying around in the 4th qtr and cruised in a game that started 3 hours later.

Beckton is a fucking fraud. Mr. “All Gas No Brakes” hired a gimmicky clown not fit to train overweight housewives at LA Fitness. Without Bijan’s heroic effort at TCU, we’re likely looking at three 4th quarter collapses and a 60 minute humiliation in Fayetteville.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Are you seriously questioning Bijan’s conditioning routine? Motherfucker can do 100 jumping jacks for all I care, that’s the worst example possible…

No, dumb ass, I’m questioning the training routine he and his teammates are being put through. Special freaks of nature like Bijan it doesn’t matter what they do, they will be good. But for the rest that are “average” you need a program that will improve them physically AND builds useful strength for the role they are in. Low weight hi rep squats aren’t it for a RB, LB, OL, etc

Edited by UT_OB1

My biggest concern with the S&C program is that it seems to have completely failed to develop mental toughness, which is probably the most overlooked job of a strength coach. It’s where a lot of SEC strength coaches like Tom Moffitt separate themselves from average coaches. 

6 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Fairly standard NFL squat workout...

But that's Bijan. Everyone else needs to be on a 531 template.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Our players looked bigger back then. And no, it's not because of the bigger pads. Nobody on our defense looks like this anymore. Maybe Mad Dog knew what the hell he was doing. 

maxresdefault.jpg

rbzUTMU17JPG.jpg

october-2008-sooner-qb-sam-bradford-is-s

6 hours ago, MrBig said:

I remember when the D used to look like this 

36EFA181-432C-4FA4-90B7-5DB201D54FDC.thumb.jpeg.3c74604060de9ee8a5b8a41c00c85c24.jpeg

Hold the fuck on…am I actually reading a thread in which we are longing for the Mad Dog days? This is surreal. Anyone here as old as me will surely recall that we used to bitch incessantly about Madden back then. I mean, the dude was a perpetual punchline. You remember “Fat Dog,” right?!?

(We’ve also bitched incessantly about every S&C coach since.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Hold the fuck on…am I actually reading a thread in which we are longing for the Mad Dog days? This is surreal. Anyone here as old as me will surely recall that we used to bitch incessantly about Madden back then. I mean, the dude was a perpetual punchline. You remember “Fat Dog,” right?!?

(We’ve also bitched incessantly about every S&C coach since.)

Mad Dog, like his boss Mack, was great until he just decided to cash paychecks without working to earn them. His last few years, he just sat in his office and basically hid out. He did not keep up with the science of S&C, and he got really lazy.

Unfortunately, we’ve mostly hired shitty coaches to do the job since him. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Mad Dog, like his boss Mack, was great until he just decided to cash paychecks without working to earn them. His last few years, he just sat in his office and basically hid out. He did not keep up with the science of S&C, and he got really lazy.

I don’t disagree…just saying that I never thought I’d see the day that Mad Dog was revered on a Texas message board. He was hated and blamed (often irrationally) long before the program turned to shit. 

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

EB9cHwIX4AAu_fn.jpg

• Like 1