NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

2 hours ago, Kermit said:

James Harden immediately demands a trade to Vegas. Wulaw defends him, somehow blaming Tilman for his disastrous stints in Brooklyn and Philadelphia. Strippers everywhere rejoice. 

We will see. He looks incredible in Philly right now. He has the chance to change everyones perception of him or prove it right in the next couple years. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

The Lakers were down 66-52 in the 2nd quarter. They then went on an awesome run to make it 66-63 at half. 

It's now 85-65 Clippers with 7:42 in the 3Q.

92-65.

Also - I feel like I want to be bitchy about LeBron playing garbage minutes in blowouts to chase Kareem, but, I also feel like he can do whatever he wants at this point. 

It DOES make me feel like he really might be done with the ring-chasing - or at the very least - he knows they're cooked this year. 

Edited by ztejas

I really like RJ Barrett. Who would have thought that Zion would be behind JA and RJ making a case that you might rather have him than Zion?
I mean, that’s hyperbole if zion is back, engaged and doesn’t weigh 400 pounds but if I’m the Knicks I’m not worried about the rookie extension for Barrett at all but NO is going to at least gulp and be a little nervous when they offer Zion that deal. 
BTW- the 76’ers are going to be a problem in the east. harden is engaged (even picked up a charge!) he and Embiid fit perfectly. Maxey is actually pretty good. I like Thybil. Paying Tobias Harris $35 million per year is a crime against humanity. Will be interested to see what Morey does with him in the off-season. 
if they could have turned him into an actual player worth $35 million it would be a wrap. 
Don't be fooled by Regular Season Harden. He's always been great. It's when you need him in playoffs that he will go missing.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
On 3/2/2022 at 9:31 PM, Wulaw Horn said:
I really like RJ Barrett. Who would have thought that Zion would be behind JA and RJ making a case that you might rather have him than Zion?
I mean, that’s hyperbole if zion is back, engaged and doesn’t weigh 400 pounds but if I’m the Knicks I’m not worried about the rookie extension for Barrett at all but NO is going to at least gulp and be a little nervous when they offer Zion that deal. 
BTW- the 76’ers are going to be a problem in the east. harden is engaged (even picked up a charge!) he and Embiid fit perfectly. Maxey is actually pretty good. I like Thybil. Paying Tobias Harris $35 million per year is a crime against humanity. Will be interested to see what Morey does with him in the off-season. 
if they could have turned him into an actual player worth $35 million it would be a wrap. 

Don't be fooled by Regular Season Harden. He's always been great. It's when you need him in playoffs that he will go missing.

When he's a one man band he's definitively proven he can't do it by himself (but almost nobody can).  When he had Paul they won 2 rounds easily and got up 3-2 on one of the greatest teams ever put together (not saying they were going to win- b/c I have way too much respect for that incarnation of the Warriors to say that- but would have been the only team to make a healthy version of them even sweat).  Nobody wins more than a round, maybe 2, in the NBA as the lone ranger.  We will see man, we will see. I'm really excited about this years playoffs, especially if Durant gets Kyrie and Simmons back and everyone else stays healthy.  That's 6 really good teams in the east (Rank order for me would be healthy Nets, 76ers, Bucks, Heat, Celtics, Bulls). Cleveland if they get healthy isn't a collection of bitches either I suppose.  
Hope injuries don't decide this thing the way they did last year.  That sucked. 

12 hours ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Looks like the Pelicans gave up losing for Lent.

NOLA could be...interesting...in the playoffs if Zion makes it back for the play-in game.

I know it's been fun to clown on him for the last 10 months about his weight, but it's important to remember that he's a guy with a career TS% of .640 on 16+ FGA per game.

7 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

1. When is Ben Simmons coming back? Got his wish and was traded and now still can't play basketball? Man that guy gives off big time loser vibes. 

2. Russell Westbrook is such a prick. Always talks down to reporters and thinks his shit doesn't stink. 

3.  Kyrie is such a weirdo. 

Nets did well to get Seth Curry and Mr. Drummond for Harden..  Simmons is a basketcase. 

Westbrook is gone, probably back to Houston , which is perfect, a 1 year Human Tank Job. 

I see the hate on Kyrie, but how is he a weirdo, aside from the vax which is somewhat legitimate - you can't shit on anyone for their religious conversion.   Just stick to things on the court. 

32 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Nets did well to get Seth Curry and Mr. Drummond for Harden..  Simmons is a basketcase. 

Westbrook is gone, probably back to Houston , which is perfect, a 1 year Human Tank Job. 

I see the hate on Kyrie, but how is he a weirdo, aside from the vax which is somewhat legitimate - you can't shit on anyone for their religious conversion.   Just stick to things on the court. 

He’s also a flat-earther.

7 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

RW reminds me of Steve Francis from Rockets. Relied completely on his quickness and never developed his game. I sorta feel the same way about CP3 although he did make some effort that allowed him to make commercials. But he still hasn't produced at championship time 

Your contention is that...CP3 doesn't/didn't have a well-developed game and relied heavily on athleticism? That's what you're going with?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

he's right to the extent of a basketball court, which is all that should matter.  All off court thoughts, antics, or behavior - in any sport, is completely immaterial to me. 

I reserve the right to call him a fucking moron.  He chose to put his views out there for public consumption.

1 minute ago, Nolacycling said:

He's played on 6 teams. Journeyman. I don't dislike him. He played his cards well and served as NBA Players President(?) But yes, I believe he was good enough to get you there but not THERE.

Since I'm drinking let me throw Craig Biggio into that mix 

Your opinion is abysmal.  Keep drinking.  Stop posting.  Good Luck. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Your opinion is abysmal.  Keep drinking.  Stop posting.  Good Luck. 

CP3 as journeyman is an incredible opinion. Top 50 guy of all time on literally every single serious NBA guys list, probably top 30 or 35. First ballot HOF. Journeyman.  

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

CP3 as journeyman is an incredible opinion. Top 50 guy of all time on literally every single serious NBA guys list, probably top 30 or 35. First ballot HOF. Journeyman.  

He is difficult to deal with.  That’s becoming the norm.  I expect that 20 years from now we won’t look at 6 teams as an unusual thing.

7 hours ago, Kermit said:

Trevor Ariza is a journeyman. Jeff Green is a journeyman. Chris Paul is a fucking basketball savant and the only reason his bitchass has moved as many times as he has is because he’s a fucking bitch. 

Someone that understands the word “journeyman”. And, accurate on Paul in all respects. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Kermit said:

Trevor Ariza is a journeyman. Jeff Green is a journeyman. Chris Paul is a fucking basketball savant and the only reason his bitchass has moved as many times as he has is because he’s a fucking bitch. 

Well, b/c he's a fucking bitch and b/c 2 of his teams were the Pelicans and the Clippers, exceedingly poorly run franchises historically who were unable to utilize his greatness on the court to win anything of note.

• Hook 'Em 1

Lakers-Warriors last night was actually fun to watch. I thought Russ played a good game and had good effort on both ends but his offensive limitations are still glaring. He's a shorter, older, less defensively impactful Ben Simmons. The Warriors were giving him 5 feet to shoot a jumper anytime he had the ball. His out of control drives that used to finish at the rim are now going nowhere and he's not getting bailed out by the refs. I actually think he got fucked by the refs a little bit, honestly.

Lebron gong for 56 is wild, especially watching how it happened. I can't recall ever seeing him look more ground-bound around the rim. He's not drop step dunking on anybody. When he's coming down the lane with a head of steam it's to try and sneak in a layup or get a foul rather than put someone on a poster. And he has completely eliminated the mid-range. The 3 ball was falling for him last night but there is no elbow iso or post up on the block. The few times he did get it in the post and went to a fade away he bricked it. Shot chart:

image.png.3ba6d54f321013fd4e038f043094f2ad.png

I know I'm picking nits after he went off for a historically great performance. I'm not really trying to dog him out as much as just recognize how dramatically differently he is playing this year from even just 3 years ago.

Just for grins I grabbed LBJ's shot chart from his career high 61 point game in 2014 and was surprised that it was actually fairly similar. Maybe my memory just ain't what it was:

image.png.010feda02c75b42e6e9bdc002c67a297.png

For the Dubs, Klay has no business being out there. My man is limping around, can't hit a jumper, can't defend. It's got to be hurting team morale to see this guy getting minutes based on legacy rather than current ability. Kerr is going to have to have a hard talk with him at some point.

Edited by Llogg

8 hours ago, Kermit said:

*and because James Harden is also a bitch who decided that he'd rather play with Russ than compete for titles.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I've hit about 9 Thunder home games this season and the attendance has been horrendous. I'm not exaggerating when I say there are nights where we only have 6 or 7,000 in the seats. You can pay $10 for a ticket on stubhub and sit pretty much anywhere. 

I've noticed the three things that have impacted the attendance: rebuild, organization's support of BLM, and the earlier requirement to have vaccines and masks at games. 

The vast number of politically conservative people in this community that openly want this organization to fail and/or relocate and leave Oklahoma City is pretty astounding. I hear it quite a bit from the 'Go Woke/Go Broke' crowd. They actually want the NBA to leave town. 

Do you think behind closed doors that the NBA is regretting putting a team in Oklahoma City? I don't think you'd be seeing these politically related issues in Seattle.  

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

I've hit about 9 Thunder home games this season and the attendance has been horrendous. I'm not exaggerating when I say there are nights where we only have 6 or 7,000 in the seats. You can pay $10 for a ticket on stubhub and sit pretty much anywhere. 

I've noticed the three things that have impacted the attendance: rebuild, organization's support of BLM, and the earlier requirement to have vaccines and masks at games. 

The vast number of politically conservative people in this community that openly want this organization to fail and/or relocate and leave Oklahoma City is pretty astounding. I hear it quite a bit from the 'Go Woke/Go Broke' crowd. They actually want the NBA to leave town. 

Do you think behind closed doors that the NBA is regretting putting a team in Oklahoma City? I don't think you'd be seeing these politically related issues in Seattle.  

Your team is shitty. I wouldn't overthink it.

• Like 1