NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

Kidd is refusing to quit double teaming Durant and KD is just ruining the Mavs D passing out of it. I can't imagine watching this as a Mavs fan. 
We were rotating too slow and they were getting too many easy buckets. Can't believe we pulled it off.

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:
50 minutes ago, ztejas said:
Kidd is refusing to quit double teaming Durant and KD is just ruining the Mavs D passing out of it. I can't imagine watching this as a Mavs fan. 

We were rotating too slow and they were getting too many easy buckets. Can't believe we pulled it off.

Made up for it when Durant went out to start the 4th. Nets were gutted and on the 2nd night of a b2b - kind of caught up with them. 

Crazy game. I thought they should have fouled you with 10 secs left.

Made up for it when Durant went out to start the 4th. Nets were gutted and on the 2nd night of a b2b - kind of caught up with them. 
Yeah they had one to give I think Doris said. Luka was taking it up slowly tho so maybe they thought might as well let it play out? But could also be nash being nash.

5 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah they had one to give I think Doris said. Luka was taking it up slowly tho so maybe they thought might as well let it play out? But could also be nash being nash.

I mean you'll take the shot that Dinwiddie hit if you're the Nets - I didn't realize they had one to give - I'm saying I think they should have sent you to the line and taken their chances on the other end with the way Luka was playing. 

I mean you'll take the shot that Dinwiddie hit if you're the Nets - I didn't realize they had one to give - I'm saying I think they should have sent you to the line and taken their chances on the other end with the way Luka was playing. 
I see, if I'm the nets i make them earn the bucket, anyone other than luka. Just like they did.

I'm shocked we were 100% from the line. We're not a good FT shooting team. I'm glad the game didn't come down to kd taking the last shot.

20 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Russ legit needs to retire or the Lakers just need to cut him.  

Dumbest mother fucker in the league and always has been, playing next to the smartest (maybe ever) mother fucker in the league and absolutely none of it wore off. You love to see it. 
I’m talking hoops IQ here. 

You mean watching a tough, never quit team playing hard in defense and making adjustments as the game goes along?

The horror.
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

After 70 games, the hornets are 35-35. 17-17 at home, 18-18 on the road. 22-22 vs the east, and 13-13 vs the west. 114.9-114.8 ppg.

Just your salt of the earth, punch the clock .500 basketball team. Gotta respect it. 

that's fucking awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

PHI throwing Curry into that trade was really dumb. 

It was him or Maxey allegedly. They weren’t winning it all with Embiid and some role players. They had to make the deal. But yeah losing Curry wasn’t optimal for them this year. Morey is a really good GM. I bet he does a solid job replacing him next year. 

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Minnesota (currently 0.5 games behind Denver for the 6 seed) could make things really, really interesting in the first round vs Golden State or Memphis.

Eh. No playoff experience. Although Memphis is light on experience themselves. 

I do think next year they could be pretty damn good though. 

Edited by ztejas

Bruce Pearl after his loss really said this:

“The SEC is going to get crushed because of our tournament performance. Arkansas is the only team that’s alive. I think we just beat each other up all year. It was such a grind. Such a grind. That’s the only thing I can tell you because the league was really, really good. We didn’t show it in the tournament,” Pearl said. “But what I’ll take from this team is the fact that they brought it every night. They won more games on the road than any team in the SEC in league play, and we have the best home court advantage in league play. That’s why we were able to finish. We finished 15-3 in the league. So champions.”

Pearl’s statement didn’t sit well with college basketball fans and media.

Really?  Cake walks are the B12 and B1G conferences.  SEC - beat each other up. 

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Anyone see KPJ’s antics yesterday?

I said it before the season and I’ll say it now - it is imperative that Houston jettison this clown for the sake of Green and whatever top 5 pick they get this year.

A complete culture killer.

He was a great thrift store find. The Rockets should (or should have already) trade him off at his peak value (a few weeks ago!) just like Christian Wood. 

13 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Okie City down near won that game, damn it all. Went hard to the paint on the tanking with Aleksej Pokuševski going 3-20, though.

Tanking chess.

When is OKC finally gonna do something with all those picks they're always amassing? I feel like they've been doing this for years now. "Oh look how many draft picks they have, they're smart, they're building through the draft" yet they never do shit with it. I do not get why people think of Presti as being a good GM. I always thought he should have gotten rid of Westbrick while the stock was high and brought in a better player for KD to play with. He didn't have the balls and KD walked.

Edited by Pam Cummings

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

When is OKC finally gonna do something with all those picks they're always amassing? I feel like they've been doing this for years now. "Oh look how many draft picks they have, they're smart, they're building through the draft" yet they never do shit with it. I do not get why people think of Presti as being a good GM. I always thought he should have gotten rid of Westbrick while the stock was high and brought in a better player for KD to play with. He didn't have the balls and KD walked.

They made the playoffs in 2020 so it's not like this has gone on a long time.  They were trying to tank but they had Chris Paul and some other solid players.  It's hard to intentionally tank.  Certain teams never win.  That's not tanking.  Tanking is trading away your good assets and getting nothing in return, which is almost impossible.

Depending on the draft pick this year, they're a playoff/playin team next year.  At that point, if I were them, I'd trade a bunch of future draft picks for actual players. They have an absurd amount of picks, some way out in the future.  There is zero chance those all come to fruition.  

13 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Now do Ben Simmons. As a Rockets fan I think it'd be awesome for the Nets to miss the playoffs to help the draft, but just as an observer of the NBA I cannot wait to see if Ben actually plays in the playoffs if the Nets do make it (as they likely will). 

I don't think he's going to play this year.  Nets looked like it was all going to come together for them a couple weeks ago but then NYC said nope on Kyrie and Simmons whatever that is, and now it looks like another snake bit year for KD.  This is like 5 or 6 of them.  

He's an all time great- top 10 player of all time in my opinion- nobody with any sense has him below 15, 2 time finals MVP, MVP of the league, multiple scoring titles, and yet, I feel like if you played his career over 100 times this might be at best like a 35 or 40% outcome for him.  Sure, there's a world where the injuries took even a bigger bite out of his prime, but there's also a world where his feet and achilles were fine, OKC keeps Harden, OKC trades Westbrick, He doesn't get injured in Golden State, Kyrie and Harden don't get injured last year, and he's sitting on 5 or 6 titles and people are asking when he's going to break the scoring mark and if he's going to have a chance to be greater than MJ, as opposed to merely better than Bird and Magic and clearly the best 3/4 of all time.