NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

28 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Now do Ben Simmons. As a Rockets fan I think it'd be awesome for the Nets to miss the playoffs to help the draft, but just as an observer of the NBA I cannot wait to see if Ben actually plays in the playoffs if the Nets do make it (as they likely will). 

As a Rockets fan, at worst, you should get like the 17th pick from the Nets. 

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah the Nets will very likely finish in the 8 spot and win their play-in game at Chicago.

Assuming you meant Toronto. Issue with that is I'm not sure Kyrie can play in Toronto. They'd be better off having CLE drop to the 7. Or - just beat the Hornets or Hawks in the 2nd game. 

33 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Assuming you meant Toronto. Issue with that is I'm not sure Kyrie can play in Toronto. They'd be better off having CLE drop to the 7. Or - just beat the Hornets or Hawks in the 2nd game. 

Nope.  Meant Chicago.

Looking at the 3 teams and how the Bulls are playing (2-8 in last 10) I think it ends up like this -

5 Cleveland

6 Toronto

7 Chicago

Tonights Toronto at Chicago game is critical…

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Nope.  Meant Chicago.

Looking at the 3 teams and how the Bulls are playing (2-8 in last 10) I think it ends up like this -

5 Cleveland

6 Toronto

7 Chicago

Tonights Toronto at Chicago game is critical…

Oh wow. Didn't realize they had fallen that far. 

4 minutes ago, OB3 said:

I was really just asking cause of this. But all the analysts and randoms have Chet going 1 (some have Jabari)

I’ve seen/hear as much Jabari as Chet (like 5 or 6 people with an opinion) but it’s not like I’m intentionally looking for draft content right now. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Shit... they may take the 6 seed now.

Philly absolutely wants the 4 seed. Then they are likely on the same side of the bracket as Chicago, Miami and Toronto or Cleveland. 
mother side of the bracket would be Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Boston and Toronto/Cleveland. 

Philly would be the favorite to come out of their half of the bracket and would only have to face one of Milwaukee, Brooklyn and Boston. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I need someone to convince me that Memphis is better with Ja. 

They're fucking 15-2 now without him. 

I think the schedule they played without him was mostly dogshit teams and the good ones were on back to backs or missing guys or something screwy usually. But yeah, they are pretty good all the way around. 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think the schedule they played without him was mostly dogshit teams and the good ones were on back to backs or missing guys or something screwy usually. But yeah, they are pretty good all the way around. 

Right. That's what I've seen get parroted. But ultimately it's the NBA - if you're posting a record like that you're pretty fucking good regardless of who you're playing. Look at some of these margins...

1058066528_Screenshot_20220323-2134342.png.b289ba242539b91af38dd76b6bedacb2.png

And in isolated games since then with Ja out they've gone:

@LAC +15

@NOP +12

@IND +33

@HOU +24 

And tonight BKN +12 with both Kyrie and KD playing (granted BKN was really short handed after that).

Idk man. I'm just saying it's peculiar. I'm not sure I actually believe they might be better in a playoff series without Ja, because you typically need superstars that can get their own shot to go deep, but there's something fucky about these results at this point and it isn't a small sample size or a bunch of last minute Ws. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Harden is cooked watching him against the Lakers, and then he got hurt again. 
Philly is dead meat and might as well move on from Harden. He’s washed. 

How fucking dumb does he look now that Kyrie is cleared to play. Thank God BKN traded that bum. And now they get an elite 3P shooter for this season and next for $9M and a much needed big in Drummond. Oh and Ben Simmons hasn't even played...

PHI got fleeced.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, ztejas said:

How fucking dumb does he look now that Kyrie is cleared to play. Thank God BKN traded that bum. And now they get an elite 3P shooter for this season and next for $9M and a much needed big in Drummond. Oh and Ben Simmons hasn't even played...

PHI got fleeced.

Yeah- he’s washed up. If they got the Harden pre - injury in Brooklyn that fit perfectly before the playoffs they’d have been fine. That dude is dead. 
Harden back in now but he has no explosion or burst anymore. Bad. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yeah- he’s washed up. If they got the Harden pre - injury in Brooklyn that fit perfectly before the playoffs they’d have been fine. That dude is dead. 
Harden back in now but he has no explosion or burst anymore. Bad. 

I just can't imagine not wanting to play next to Kevin Durant. Like yeah Embiid is awesome but he isn't KD. It's like not wanting to play with Steph or Tim Duncan or Magic Johnson. Just think about how seamlessly Durant meshed with that Warriors team and instantly turned them into the greatest team ever. And if anyone wants to argue it was because of Kyrie then, shit, he signed on last year to play with both of them and now Kyrie is playing every game anyway.

I've always liked Harden as a player. I've never hated on him for his play style because I've always enjoyed watching him play whether he's just baiting fouls or not. I mean I felt bad for him when BKN was just spanking them the other night. But the way he tanked their record on the way out of town and now how the same issues are already appearing once again in PHI it's like... hey man, YOU'RE the fucking problem. And you aren't giving us much reason to believe that you haven't always been.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I just can't imagine not wanting to play next to Kevin Durant. Like yeah Embiid is awesome but he isn't KD. It's like not wanting to play with Steph or Tim Duncan or Magic Johnson. Just think about how seamlessly Durant meshed with that Warriors team and instantly turned them into the greatest team ever. And if anyone wants to argue it was because of Kyrie then, shit, he signed on last year to play with both of them and now Kyrie is playing every game anyway.

I've always liked Harden as a player. I've never hated on him for his play style because I've always enjoyed watching him play whether he's just baiting fouls or not. I mean I felt bad for him when BKN was just spanking them the other night. But the way he tanked their record on the way out of town and now how the same issues are already appearing once again in PHI it's like... hey man, YOU'RE the fucking problem. And you aren't giving us much reason to believe that you haven't always been.

Yeah- KD is just awesome and I’d want to hitch my wagon to him for sure. 
Harden has been ducking great. I know people shit all over him because his game is irritating to some, but he wasn’t ever a “problem” in houston in the sense he stunted their growth, he was the reason they had a chance and they damn near took down an all time great warriors team when nobody outside of Lebron even bothered to even try. 
Then, he goes to Brooklyn, fits perfectly, does everything he is supposed to because he can smell a title, to the point where he was getting pretty serious MVP buzz last March. Injuries ruined it all and then this year was a nightmare, he’s looked like shit, and he didn’t have enough patience to wait it out and see what would have happened. Which was, as you said, stupid. Thing is it wouldn’t have mattered if this is now who he is. It’s a road to nowhere. 

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Next Shaq and Kobe!!!11!!1

• Haha 1

In the Tankathon race, Detroit beat Atlanta by 20.  That game finished while Okie City and Orlando were in a close game.  The previous night, Orlando somehow beat Golden State so they were in emergency tank mode.  Okie City has done everything to tank besides signing dudes off the street.  Had they lost last night, they would have moved into the #2 spot for the worst record.

Despite trying their utmost best to tank, they beat Orlando.  

The draft might be interesting.  Depending on how Ivey plays this weekend, he might bump Chet, Pancho, or Jabari out of the top 3.

4 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I thought Beard's issues with the Nets were more related to the fact that Kyrie is a fucking space alien. Wasn't that relatively well known? 

When MJ(Durant) says to play with Rodman(Kyrie) then you shut the fuck up and play with him.

• Haha 1