NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

Lebron has been a punk bitch since and before he was a high schooler, torn down another school’s rim and tried to take it home as a souvenir, and when stopped his mom Gloria threatened to sue the school. Then they drove off in their Hummer that they surely purchased with their own money. 

34 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

In case there was any doubt to the Steph Curry/Warriors' culture effect: Andrew Wiggins is now good at basketball.

I guess. He's pretty in line with what he's done for his career right now. Average NBA players look better on good teams. 

I will say you totally won that trade.

53 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

In case there was any doubt to the Steph Curry/Warriors' culture effect: Andrew Wiggins is now good at basketball.

Is he?  He got off to a hot start last year before regressing to more of who he was.  I'd like to see him sustain it for a season, but if he can, then he definitely has taken a step forward and that's a huge thing for his career.  He's still a guy who's only a 16.9 PER.  He's still a guy shooting 32.5% from 3.  He's still a guy who averages more turnovers than assists.  He's still a guy who can jump out of the gym but averages 4 rebounds a game.  He's still a guy who has given a 0.0 VORP.  And he's still a guy on the team with the best record in the league, who has a negative Box Plus/Minus at -1.7.  

Again, thru 16 games, he looks like a better version and good is a subjective term, but let's wait awhile until we get out the anointing oil.  I think it's apt to say he's off to an encouraging start.

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

he looked right at him and then hit him in the face with a closed fist. so...

Again it looks way worse when you slow it down to super duper slowmo. In reality all of that happened in less than a span of a second and a half. So maybe lebron should be a boxer if he is that accurate throwing a punch while falling away.

I fully think he meant to hit him, in the arm, with force. And i fully agree that he would have flopped like a bitch if it happened to him. I'm just saying, it looks and ended up a lot worse than it is. Dude didnt freak out until he saw the blood.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Is he?  He got off to a hot start last year before regressing to more of who he was.  I'd like to see him sustain it for a season, but if he can, then he definitely has taken a step forward and that's a huge thing for his career.  He's still a guy who's only a 16.9 PER.  He's still a guy shooting 32.5% from 3.  He's still a guy who averages more turnovers than assists.  He's still a guy who can jump out of the gym but averages 4 rebounds a game.  He's still a guy who has given a 0.0 VORP.  And he's still a guy on the team with the best record in the league, who has a negative Box Plus/Minus at -1.7.  

Again, thru 16 games, he looks like a better version and good is a subjective term, but let's wait awhile until we get out the anointing oil.  I think it's apt to say he's off to an encouraging start.

He seems like he cares most nights, and he's playing the kind of defense that was expected out of him on draft day. That's a hell of a lot more than you could say about his time in Minnesota. They're the #1 defense by a decent margin, and their backcourt is Steph/Poole (please, someone tell me again how bad Steph is at defense when he's on like his 10th top 5 defensive team). Draymond does most of the heavy lifting, but Wiggins and Looney have been rock solid game in and game out. 

4 minutes ago, Llogg said:

No way he thought he was hitting Stewart's arm. None. Neck/chin/mouth all possible. But he was looking at the guy. By your reasoning above maybe Lebron shouldn't be driving since his vision and coordination is so bad that he was aiming for his arm and hit him in the eye.

https://streamable.com/66oij7

I think the very last angle in this one is supportive of my opinion. You can see how Stewart's arm is extended, and if you were to see the play from this angle, you wouldn't have thought he got hit in the face.

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I think the very last angle in this one is supportive of my opinion. You can see how Stewart's arm is extended, and if you were to see the play from this angle, you wouldn't have thought he got hit in the face.

LeBron knew what he was doing, he's been playing basketball his entire life. he didn't just suddenly "miss" hitting a guy in the arm, he was annoyed that Stewart had him wrapped up and he hit him in the face with his fist. he knows where stewart's face is when he throws his punch.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

LeBron knew what he was doing, he's been playing basketball his entire life. he didn't just suddenly "miss" hitting a guy in the arm, he was annoyed that Stewart had him wrapped up and he hit him in the face with his fist. he knows where stewart's face is when he throws his punch.

LeBron has never been the type of player to close his fist and outright punch someone in the face. Come on now. Just because he's in control of his body doesn't mean he can control where the other person's body is gonna be.

Edited by Pam Cummings

28 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

You're insane. Even ignoring that he was looking right at him, James would have felt that his arm was on top of Stewart's. If he wanted to swipe the arm away he would swipe down. He did not. He swung at the man's face. Don't be fatuous.

Again, I'm not arguing he was trying to go Kermit Washington out there, but he intended to send a message by hitting the guy in the face.

Edited by Llogg
  • Hook 'Em 3