NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

Oh my God this Lakers team is a flaming sack of shit. They just picked up a fucking double technical and a delay of game up 9 with 4 minutes. Lamelo just hit 5 free throws to cut it to a 4 point game. 

I think Russ has 4 turns in the 4th quarter.

Edited by ztejas

13 minutes ago, Kermit said:

After I saw the initial hit by Jokic, I thought he went a little too Serbian. But the fact that it’s the Heat, a Morrii twin, and an even dirtier cheap shot that proceeds Nikola’s? Dude didn’t go far enough. 

This is the correct answer.

If either of the Morris bros were fighting the devil, put me down on Team Beelzebub.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

After I saw the initial hit by Jokic, I thought he went a little too Serbian. But the fact that it’s the Heat, a Morrii twin, and an even dirtier cheap shot that proceeds Nikola’s? Dude didn’t go far enough. 

The larger issue IMO is why Jokic still in the game in a 20 point blowout with little time left?

Okay, I've tried to play it cool for as long as I can (and they'll probably lose 3 straight because I'm posting this), but the Warriors are fucking really good. The only game they've lost they were up by 19 before going ice cold from 3 and losing in OT.
They're the #1 defense in the league by a country mile, average the most assists, and they make the most 3's...some dude named Klay can only help those numbers. Dray is the most impactful defender in the league or close to it. Him + 4 random dudes = Top 5 defense.
Their schedule has been pretty weak so far, but that's what good teams do...take care of the bad teams. They didn't always do that last season because they were so dependent on Steph. Steph hasn't even played all that well so far (tonight notwithstanding), but they finally have other guys who can put the ball in the basket.
Interested to see what they do with Wiseman. As good as he could potentially be, they're back to being "The Warriors" without him.

Probably helps your bench is young instead of veteran minimum ring chasers. Covid, a reset, missed playoff is probably the best thing to happen to a team that’s played essentially an extra season and a half in games more than most teams that don’t have lebron.

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

this. fuck morris and fuck the heat.

2 hours ago, Kermit said:

Agreed. Both brothers have been fucking around for a long time. Tonight, one found out. Also funny that Herro wanted NO piece of Jokic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That seems like something Marcus could get fined for. 

Something tells me, without looking them up, that the Jokic brothers are huge Serbian nutcases with an axe to grind. I wish Marcus would fuck around and find out, because fuck Kawhi Leonard.

8 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Had someone tell me they thought jimmy butler could kick jokic’s ass. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed that hard before

Nothing more than someone chirping behind all his friends knowing a throwdown was not going to happen. Jokic would beat the fuck out of Butler. 

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

Something tells me, without looking them up, that the Jokic brothers are huge Serbian nutcases with an axe to grind. I wish Marcus would fuck around and find out, because fuck Kawhi Leonard.

You are 100% correct lol

7A5637CA-1ED0-4972-B671-1E61510E64CC.thumb.jpeg.de8df7027f368f0582cebc05f92b8297.jpeg

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

Lakers survive by 3 in OT. 

Yeesh. Up 14 with ~9 mins and up 11 with ~4 mins.

And yet a W.  This team is going to take 20 games to figure it out.  And that is if we can get healthy.  The upside is it doesn't look like there are any teams that are going to run away with things this year.  

Team AARP is going to have to rely on staying healthy.  And that will be no small task. Russ will win games for us, and lose games for us.  Jut have to hope, like last year on Washington, that his chemistry improves.  Yeah, I know, Russ and chemistry are mutually exclusive.  But no way to start judging the experiment this early. And for what it's worth, Charlotte may be better than people think.

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

And yet a W.  This team is going to take 20 games to figure it out.  And that is if we can get healthy.  The upside is it doesn't look like there are any teams that are going to run away with things this year.  

Team AARP is going to have to rely on staying healthy.  And that will be no small task. Russ will win games for us, and lose games for us.  Jut have to hope, like last year on Washington, that his chemistry improves.  Yeah, I know, Russ and chemistry are mutually exclusive.  But no way to start judging the experiment this early. And for what it's worth, Charlotte may be better than people think.

Did you watch the game last night? Of course we're going to judge the experiment because so far it's not looking good. These games count just the same as the ones in March will. Rondo got ejected on a straight up flagrant 2 in the 3Q. They gave LaMelo 5 FTs in one possession. Westbrook had 4 turnovers in maybe 5 mins. Lakers were in complete control of the game from about 10 minutes to 4 minutes left in the 4th and wound up in OT and Charlotte wasn't really lighting it up or anything - they were just playing basketball. They needed 29 points from Melo to win by 3 in OT. 

Lakers are 8th in the West right now. That isn't a fluke or small sample size - that's actually pretty reflective of what the conference looks like right now. They finished 7th last year. Difference being last year you started the season really well before LeBron got hurt. I think BEST case scenario the Lakers finish 3rd or 4th in the West if you can get 70+ from LeBron and AD. Unless you can swap Westbrook for Morant or Mitchell.

If AD misses any time on top LeBron's current injury you're going to be on the wrong side of .500 really quickly. They still have a high ceiling but there are major concerns and red flags all over the place and everyone including Lakers fans should be able to see that. I'm not sure how much there is to figure out with LeBron on the bench. Westbrook isn't going to start playing any smarter - I can promise you that (although I actually think he's had some nice moments for you). Fortunately AD is still easily a top 10 player and will keep you afloat - I just worry about that man's health. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kermit said:

You would be correct.

https://playersbio.com/nikola-jokics-brothers/

They were ready to come on the floor in the playoffs when Nikola got into it with Devin Booker.   The Morrii will fight but I dont think they want it with them Serbian giants

59 minutes ago, d2o said:

You would be correct.

https://playersbio.com/nikola-jokics-brothers/

They were ready to come on the floor in the playoffs when Nikola got into it with Devin Booker.   The Morrii will fight but I dont think they want it with them Serbian giants

Yeah.... the Jokic crew is not to be fucked with. I know the Morii think they're tough... but I'm putting my money on the old man in the tightey whiteys over those fake ass gangsters any day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

https://theathletic.com/2945590/2021/11/09/the-jokic-morris-family-feud-explained-why-the-twins-vs-nikolas-brothers-have-taken-center-stage/

Spoiler

A suspension is coming for Nikola Jokic. This much we know.

But first, while we wait on the NBA’s ruling of Monday’s skirmish between Denver’s reigning MVP and Miami’s Markieff Morris, this question has suddenly emerged too: Who you taking in a battle royale between the Morris twins and Brothers Jokic?

Yes, on this day where the news about Deron Williams being on Jake Paul’s boxing undercard became official, the Nuggets-Heat fisticuffs was all anyone wanted to talk about.

A quick review for anyone who may have logged off of Twitter last night…

Not long after the game, Markieff’s twin brother, Clippers forward Marcus Morris, tweets about Jokic’s shove: “Waited til bro turned his back smh. Noted.”

The next morning, Markieff follows with commentary of his own: “I love to see the hate! No doubt I took a hard foul which I always do but I’ve never hit a man with his back turned! Luckily we built different over here. I can take my licks and keep pushing. Joker 1 smooth 0 lol.”

Then up on the social media top rope, where Strahinja and Nemanja Jokic clearly decided to fight back in much the same way Nikola had before them, a flying elbow commenced from the Serbian brothers.

“You should leave this the way it is instead of publicly threatening our brother!,” the tweet from the account @JokicBrothers read. “Your brother made a dirty play first . If you want to make a step further be sure we will be waiting for you !! Jokic Brothers”

As Nuggets beat writer, Mike Singer of The Denver Post, reported, the brothers even took the extra step of text messaging him about their new account in order to publicly confirm the validity of the account that gained nearly 30,000 followers in the first six hours of existence. As an aside, it’s only a matter of time before they go after the @NBAonTNT account for calling Giannis Antetokounmpo the MVP a few weeks ago.

Nearly five hours later after the @JokicBrothers account was opened, the trash talk commenced with Marcus Morris.

“You got the right ones believe that!” Marcus wrote.

To which @JokicBrothers replied, “I don’t believe…I know that!”

Marcus, in a move that hopefully brings this all to a non-violent end, then tweeted, “Momma said don’t talk on social media no more! Well There you have it. I love you momma.”

Now before we go much further here, a quick bit of context about Nikola’s siblings. This isn’t just your run-of-the-mill case of brothers backing brothers.

Nemanja, who is 6-foot-6 and played basketball at Detroit Mercy University, has actually won low-level MMA fights in recent years (you can watch him obliterate a much smaller foe here, for example). And then there’s Strahinja, the much-bulkier brother who looks like a bad guy from a 007 movie and whose fiery ways were on display at a Nuggets-Suns game in June when this video of him went viral.

The Morris twins have long been known as tough guys on the court. Translation: Neither side is known for backing down here. The league has no jurisdiction over the Jokic brothers not named Nikola, but they certainly have sway with the Morris twins. And needless to say, commissioner Adam Silver can’t be thrilled to see the back-and-forth that has ensued since the game came to an end.

You know who’s even less enthused by all of this, though? Michael Malone. This entire debacle with Miami unfolded just hours after the Nuggets coach announced the loss of Michael Porter Jr., the struggling small forward whose well-chronicled back problems have returned and have him out “for the foreseeable future.” Considering he was given a five-year max extension in late September, it’s less than ideal timing.

You’re already trying to survive without Jamal Murray, whose torn ACL suffered in April threatened to sidetrack this season from the start. And now, with Jokic having put up MVP-caliber numbers again to this point (25.4 points, 13.6 rebounds, 5.7 assists, 1.6 steals and one block per) while posting absurd net rating numbers (plus-14.8 when he’s on, minus-19.1 when he’s off), the Nuggets are faced with the terrifying prospect of playing without him. Denver (6-4) hosts Indiana on Wednesday, Atlanta on Friday and Portland on Sunday.

If nothing else, there’s this small solace for the Joker when it comes to all this acrimony: While it certainly looked as if the Heat’s Jimmy Butler was also coming for him during the chaos, when he could be seen yelling ‘Bring your ass to the back!’” and the Twitter folks deduced that he was challenging Nikola to a good, old-fashioned brawl, a source with knowledge of the situation said Butler was actually furious with Nuggets player development coach and former NBA player Stephen Graham.

That fight never unfolded, of course, in large part because Heat general manager Andy Elisburg was the hero everyone needed when the tensions were at their highest. As shown in this incredible photo from The Post, Ellisburg — who has been Pat Riley’s right-hand man for more than two decades now — helped keep the Heat players in their proverbial corner in the aftermath.

It was all such a sordid scene, one that Silver must now sort out. Lest the beef between brothers rage on.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

FB_IMG_1636503665620.jpg

The injury report before their last game was hilarious. It read something like "Anthony Davis said his stomach feels better but he has a cold and some soreness in his thumb". Like something the staff would tell you about your toddler when you pick them up from daycare. 

• Hook 'Em 2