NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So, an old white guy was walking around the office openly wondering why he couldn't use the N word like black people?

Yes, as a white man, that's my great grievance in life that I can't walk around spewing racial epitaphs.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

can somebody explain this to my apparently old and out of touch self?

653F1C12-898B-4908-9C28-3ED6E77A2EF4.jpeg

NFTs? In this scenario, he owns that artwork and the proof of it can be validated. In short, it’s a flex that he owns a jpeg that is worth 140k, at a minimum. Steph is another owner of an Ape.

I’m involved in a project that Seth Curry and Tyrese own a few digital art pieces. Tyrese wanted out of one of his jpegs so I bought it from him.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

If this shitass Lakers team somehow makes it to the Finals and then gets dusted by Durant and Harden in 5 games I'll pretty much be cool for the rest of my sports-watching life right there. 

They blew 20 point leads to the worst team in the league that is actively tanking. In two straight games. Not only that, the thunder showed them up last time out so they had extra motivation and no excuse to take them lightly. Even in early November, that's a pathetic, inexcusable loss. 

Lebron can't stay healthy. I always thought he was indestructible but father time is more undefeated than pussy. You breathe hard on Davis and he acts like he got rear ended by Henry Ruggs (too soon, I know). Westbrook is well... Westbrook. The rest of the team is ancient or Malik Monk or Austin Reaves.

I know it's way, way early in the season but they will be fortunate to make the play in game again at this rate. Finals? In this conference? I just can't even fathom it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Watched the Okie City/Laker highlights:

1.   People will start realizing how good SGA is.  He can score from anywhere and he’s basically the only scoring threat they have. Only 23 years old.

2.  That final shot by Westbrook was vintage Westbrook.  Run down and jack up a contested three.

I saw some unfounded internet speculation that speculated that Towns was unhappy in Minny (likely true) and Okie City could ship a bunch of picks there if Minny wants to blow it up and rebuild.  Okie City isn't sending either SGA or Giddy so they'd have that core three.  

Not sure if KAT wants to eat at Slobster in Okie City, though.

10 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I saw some unfounded internet speculation that speculated that Towns was unhappy in Minny (likely true) and Okie City could ship a bunch of picks there if Minny wants to blow it up and rebuild.  Okie City isn't sending either SGA or Giddy so they'd have that core three.  

Not sure if KAT wants to eat at Slobster in Okie City, though.

But Nic’s Grill, though.  

20 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

This Nets team wouldn't have a single win without Durant.

Talking The Simpsons GIF

20 hours ago, Message Board User said:

trade Sexton now

Sexton is a baller. You're crazy. You're barely scoring enough points as is to win games - let alone without him. 

He'll come around. Lot of players struggling with their shot right now. 

Edited by ztejas

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Have you watched him?  at all?

He's on my fantasy team. I understand your frustration. It's very early in the year - I expect him to get back to where he was last year (well maybe not that but he isn't going to shoot 275 from 3 on the year). And he's had a couple really nice games this season anyway. 

Like I said - look around the league. A ton of guys can't hit the broad side of a barn right now. 

But - you have no one on your team to replace the scoring he's giving you. He's being asked to do a lot. 

Edited by ztejas

46 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

the refs would have blown a whistle in there somewhere in years past. the officiating this year has been awesome. yes, i just said- NBA officiating has been awesome. last night i was watching that Warriors/Pelicans game, and someone for the Pels was able to guard Steph with physicality for the length of the court, eventually resulting in Steph being swatted or having the ball stolen by a help defender, can't quite remember. what I do remember is thinking, "wow, this is Steph getting a little taste of that 90's officiating", and i've been seeing it in every game i watch. it is truly changing the game for the better, i can't even explain how much the viewing experience has improved.

edited to clarify- i've still seen plenty of shitty officiating, but this emphasis on letting them play a more physical game has been awesome.

Edited by shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

edited to clarify- i've still seen plenty of shitty officiating, but this emphasis on letting them play a more on sticks game has been awesome.

Yes. This is what you meant. I've seen just as much complete horseshit. Although it's never seemed all that biased and like you said the game is flowing better and allowed to be a little chippier.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Speaking of... Lakers looking like another loss tonight. Someone tell LeBron winning 6 isn't that easy. 

And really - the hubris of all of this is fucking hilarious. You are past your prime and think that you can get a 2nd (or 3rd?) banana who is also past his prime - who your greatest contemporary and rival failed to ever win with - largely because of said 2nd banana's play - and somehow salvage that dude's entire career and ride off into the sunset? 

10 games in, integrating Russell Westbrook has been an unmitigated disaster.

Which should surprise absolutely no one. Overall, I would say LeBron has been fairly shrewd when assembling his teams, but this Westbrook addition made absolutely zero sense and ignored more than a decade of relevant data.

21 minutes ago, Llogg said:

I don't argue the conclusion, but the provided statistics do not support it. Russ + AD + LBJ are net zero, while any other combo is net negative with the LBJ + AD minus RW is the worst +/-.

Yeah, they just suck overall. Russ has been who Russ is, but they have plenty of other issues.

The Ben Simmons thing feels a lot like Naomi Osaka, someone exploiting "mental illness/wellness" to avoid doing something they don't want to do. Ben needs an excuse to not play, but still get paid. Of course we all know,if he's traded to a new team, all his mental issues will magically disappear.

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

The Ben Simmons thing feels a lot like Naomi Osaka, someone exploiting "mental illness/wellness" to avoid doing something they don't want to do. Ben needs an excuse to not play, but still get paid. Of course we all know,if he's traded to a new team, all his mental issues will magically disappear.

I think Naomi has much more legitimate issues. I still think she's a bit of an attention seeking drama queen but I do empathize with whatever mental stuff she struggles with. 

I think Simmons is a punk who wants his cake and to eat it and doesn't put in the work required to help alleviate his main issues. I bet his mental health would be better if he spent more time shooting in the gym and didn't choke playoff games away.

Obviously thats a bit armchair psychologist - just kind of my read on the situation.