NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm gonna piggyback this here, and ask the people who are more in the know than I am:

A)Is Sabonis to GS a real possibility?

B)Would GS give up Wiseman to acquire Sabonis?

I'm not sure if it's a possibility or not as I don't work in either FO and these things are hard to gauge. 

I'm sure they would give up Wiseman for Sabonis. The numbers and value don't really work unless you throw in Kuminga though (which the Ws are not doing) - or do Wiggins and Wiseman for Sabonis and someone else.

I mean these 2 work numbers wise but I'm not sure how realistic they are.

1.PNG.bcb5119bdd8567f30cbc693d3468d7f2.PNG

2.PNG.bf6d2805e3a129541093c2d55f525676.PNG

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I'm not sure if it's a possibility or not as I don't work in either FO and these things are hard to gauge. 

I'm sure they would give up Wiseman for Sabonis. The numbers and value don't really work unless you throw in Kuminga though (which the Ws are not doing) - or do Wiggins and Wiseman for Sabonis and someone else.

as good as Wiggins has been, adding Sabonis and Lavert would be a coup for GS. 

53 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

as good as Wiggins has been, adding Sabonis and Lavert would be a coup for GS. 

The argument for keeping Wiseman is that the West seems likely to run through Gobert (who cares) and Ayton (could be problematic) for at least this year and maybe the next few.

But, considering that they're the #1 defense by a healthy margin w/o Wiseman, it's not something that would keep me up at night if it meant getting Sabonis.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills right now, but losing Wiggins would be tough. They need someone who can guard Mitchell, KD, Kawhi, etc. Even healthy, that's asking a lot from Klay.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea that wins the title I think. Sabonis or Turner with Lavert puts them over the top

i love Sabonis in GS for his passing ability. when i picture Sabonis and Dray playing with Steph, Klay, and (insert any other Warrior here) i picture one of the most exciting and efficient offenses we've ever seen. the ball movement, spacing, and shooting would be unreal.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Indiana's getting swindled if they make either of those moves. GS would be set-up to have another 4/5 year like they had from 2016-19! 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i love Sabonis in GS for his passing ability. when i picture Sabonis and Dray playing with Steph, Klay, and (insert any other Warrior here) i picture one of the most exciting and efficient offenses we've ever seen. the ball movement, spacing, and shooting would be unreal.

I can sort of see it, but I can also see Sabonis clogging it up a little. He's not much of an outside threat and can you play the way they want to with he and Draymond on the court together? That's essentially two dudes that you don't have to commit to at the three point line. Sabonis is also a bit of a liability on defense. The Pacers have been able to cover him up with Turner, but the Warriors don't have that kind of shot blocking presence. IMO, Turner would be a better fit if they are really intent on blowing up the Pacers. Three point shooting, shot blocking presence, running the floor, etc. I can't imagine how many open looks he would get playing with Curry, Draymond, Klay, et al.

I gotta be honest, if I'm the Warriors I'm not screwing with that roster, especially with Klay coming back and the potential for the young guys to grow up in that system. Wiggins went from being one of the worst contracts in the league to being a really effective and valuable (albeit still overpaid) role player.

Durant's gonna drop 50. Stream on sportsurge.net if anyone wants to tune in. 

Well - he might not. Pistons are doubling Durant in the halfcourt and also cheating a 3rd guy off his man towards Durant. I've literally never seen anything like this. Granted I'm too young to have seen prime Shaq. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Fuckin' Durant, man. Unstoppable.

Still worry that all these minutes will catch up to him by the postseason, but what he's doing right now is something to behold.

I think he's fine. He'll take games off and has already taken a couple off. 

Y'all don't get how much I'm geeking right now. 

Final line: 51/7/9/1/2 on 16/31 shooting. Played the final 8 mins with 5 fouls. 

Anyone that doesn't have him first in MVP right now is delusional. Nets would be nowhere without him. 

The championship-thirsty Los Angeles Lakers are in an absolute BATLLE with the always tough 5-22 Orlando Magic right now. 

Belying the Lakers struggles is LeBron James' surprising presence tonight. The self proclaimed greatest player in the history of the multiverse is off to a scorching start with 7 EXTREMELY TOUGH points nearing the end of the first half. 

Edited by ztejas

On 12/11/2021 at 7:51 PM, Horns RD Standard said:

Indiana's getting swindled if they make either of those moves. GS would be set-up to have another 4/5 year like they had from 2016-19! 

Unless they are getting 3+ firsts why in the world would IND do that deal?

46 minutes ago, d2o said:

Unless they are getting 3+ firsts why in the world would IND do that deal?

Indiana is going nowhere fast, and they play ugly, boring basketball, with the same cast of characters they've had for several years now. they've gone stale, and in a basketball crazy state like Indiana that shit just won't fly. They definitely need to overhaul their roster, and if they believe in James Wiseman enough then they may be open to trade talks for him. i agree that GS obviously wins that trade, but Indy has to make some moves. 

Edited by shadow_operative

24 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Indiana is going nowhere fast, and they play ugly, boring basketball, with the same cast of characters they've had for several years now. they've gone stale, and in a basketball crazy state like Indiana that shit just won't fly. They definitely need to overhaul their roster, and if they believe in James Wiseman enough then they may be open to trade talks for him. i agree that GS obviously wins that trade, but Indy has to make some moves. 

Giving that to GSW for Wiseman would be just plain silly.         I still believe in him to some degree but he has played all of about 40 games since his Sr yr in HS.  No one knows what he is.   No way would I give up an all-star (Sabonis) and another good player to get him and Wiggins.     Wiggins has been playing better but there is no reason to assume he would continue that going to IND.   They should be trying to get at the very least 3 1sts to even start considering something like that.

People wanting teams to basically dump their good players and tank because they aren't going to win a title sucks IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1

well i don't think anyone here was actually suggesting that trade, we just started talking about it because the trade machine said that it would technically work. i think the bigger, two part conversation is about a)how will the Pacers go about disbanding their team (because that's going to happen), and b)is GS a player when it comes to acquiring guys like Turner or Sabonis. 

Edited by shadow_operative

19 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

well i don't think anyone here was actually suggesting that trade, we just started talking about it because the trade machine said that it would technically work. i think the bigger, two part conversation is about a)how will the Pacers go about disbanding their team (because that's going to happen), and b)is GS a player when it comes to acquiring guys like Turner or Sabonis. 

While I agree they're stale and boring, I'm not so sure that isn't exactly who they want to be! And honestly i don't tend to follow them just for the reasons you just laid out here...so where would you say their roster's deficient?

They seem to be middle to upper middle of the pack in many team statistical categories. Just a middle of road kind of squad - sans rebounding. They're amongst the best in the league on the glass!

18 minutes ago, Horns RD Standard said:

While I agree they're stale and boring, I'm not so sure that isn't exactly who they want to be! And honestly i don't tend to follow them just for the reasons you just laid out here...so where would you say their roster's deficient?

They seem to be middle to upper middle of the pack in many team statistical categories. Just a middle of road kind of squad - sans rebounding. They're amongst the best in the league on the glass!

i really like Indiana's players from top to bottom. i think y'all know by now that even TJ McConnell is one of my favorite players. Brogdon, Sabonis, Lavert, Turner, Duarte, on down the line, they have good, solid, likable players. but for whatever reason they have stagnated, and they're not going anywhere. i just don't think that will ever fly in a place like Indiana. they need a real shake up to get themselves competitive in the East.

19 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i really like Indiana's players from top to bottom. i think y'all know by now that even TJ McConnell is one of my favorite players. Brogdon, Sabonis, Lavert, Turner, Duarte, on down the line, they have good, solid, likable players. but for whatever reason they have stagnated, and they're not going anywhere. i just don't think that will ever fly in a place like Indiana. they need a real shake up to get themselves competitive in the East.

They are stuck in the middle for sure, but they aren't nearly as bad as their record. They just keep losing close games. They are 12-16 right now and if you look at their expected record, they should be 16-12, which would put them in the mix for homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs. They just haven't been able to close out tight games (I think they've lost something like 8 games by 3 or fewer points). It seems a bit weird for them to blow it up right now, especially since they didn't have Lavert for the first part of the season and they are breaking in a new coach. You wouldn't think that Rick Carlisle would sign back up for them to blow up this roster, anyway. I don't really get it. I think they just need some time.

36 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

They are stuck in the middle for sure, but they aren't nearly as bad as their record. They just keep losing close games. They are 12-16 right now and if you look at their expected record, they should be 16-12, which would put them in the mix for homecourt advantage in the first round of the playoffs. They just haven't been able to close out tight games (I think they've lost something like 8 games by 3 or fewer points). It seems a bit weird for them to blow it up right now, especially since they didn't have Lavert for the first part of the season and they are breaking in a new coach. You wouldn't think that Rick Carlisle would sign back up for them to blow up this roster, anyway. I don't really get it. I think they just need some time.

you could definitely be right. i remember seeing a similar stat recently, how they were something like 2-10 in games decided by 5 points or less. they have good players, and they have a good coach. what they really need (but i'm sure they can't get) is an actual top flight player who makes Sabonis the no.2 and Brogdon the no.3. then they go from 1st or 2nd round exit to conference/nba finals. but again, i don't know how they could possibly do that.