NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

4 hours ago, Mole said:

Luka is 22; young enough that he can’t lead a team to a championship yet and now just old enough that we can start talking about how he doesn’t have what it takes. It’s a tale told of every young star since at least the late 80s.

Ha.  I like the comment, but there is no doubt he's taken 2 large steps back in the last 2 years.  The weight is worrisome as is his reliance on step back 35 footers.  He's crafty but needs to take care of his body.  As folks said, he's 22 so who knows what he'll really become but there are some concerning markers which have come to the surface.  But more to the point, the roster around him is terrible and he has to shoulder too much of the load, especially since he's a one way player.  Porzingis is actually having a pretty good season for him, but he's not a superstar and plays too few games.  They need to sort of blow it up around Luka and start over unless they can draft a #2 in the mid parts of the draft or get a sucker to take Porzingis and give up a good young player.  Dirk ain't walking through that door and beyond the drafting of Luka, I don't have a ton of faith in the Mavs front office. 

Because of his physical limitations and that his name should be _oncic.  I always wonder who folks compare Luka to?

On 12/5/2021 at 2:50 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Ha.  I like the comment, but there is no doubt he's taken 2 large steps back in the last 2 years.  The weight is worrisome as is his reliance on step back 35 footers.  He's crafty but needs to take care of his body.  As folks said, he's 22 so who knows what he'll really become but there are some concerning markers which have come to the surface.  But more to the point, the roster around him is terrible and he has to shoulder too much of the load, especially since he's a one way player.  Porzingis is actually having a pretty good season for him, but he's not a superstar and plays too few games.  They need to sort of blow it up around Luka and start over unless they can draft a #2 in the mid parts of the draft or get a sucker to take Porzingis and give up a good young player.  Dirk ain't walking through that door and beyond the drafting of Luka, I don't have a ton of faith in the Mavs front office. 

Because of his physical limitations and that his name should be _oncic.  I always wonder who folks compare Luka to?

How much are the rule changes effecting him like they have Harden? Similar offensive games. 

On 12/3/2021 at 11:31 PM, aggie08 said:

wrt to Luka, I'm still absolutely flabbergasted by the Kidd hire.

i'm not sure what's worse, kidd being our HC or a shoe salesman as our GM.  

16 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

How much are the rule changes effecting him like they have Harden? Similar offensive games. 

it's not the rules.  luka's not working hard.  he's lazy on defense.  pouts when things don't go his way, takes plays off.  in a word, he's weak.  un-professional.  and the whole team feeds off that.  

and that's before we get into the personnel inadequacies of our team.

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

ESPN is reporting that Luka is fat. 

In addition to vibes, apparently carbohydrates are immaculate as well.

Someone heard or got wind that Zion is around 330.

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Can anybody give me one reason why Kevin Durant should ever play more than 40 minutes in a non-playoff game? 

He plays almost as much as he wants. And he pretty much wants to play every minute of every game. 

I agree it doesn't seem optimal. However he is in ridiculous shape and a lot of his minutes thus far have been pretty low impact (is coasty a word?).

I think Nash should be just straight up sitting him out more often. But again - apparently telling him that doesn't go well all the time. He isn't like Kawhi who enjoys taking 100 games off for every 80 he plays. 

35 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

ESPN is reporting that Luka is fat. 

In addition to vibes, apparently carbohydrates are immaculate as well.

We didn’t need ESPN to tell us that.

Back in the Spring I suggested that it’s not a given that the Mavs won the Luka trade and the Mavs fans melted down at the suggestion.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

We didn’t need ESPN to tell us that.

Back in the Spring I suggested that it’s not a given that the Mavs won the Luka trade and the Mavs fans melted down at the suggestion.

which is funny, because a couple years prior they melted down when i said that Luka was more skilled than Dirk. they went from underrating him to overrating him in no time. 

on the subject of Luka being overrated, i'm reminded of all of those "top 5 nba players" lists that came out before the season. all of them had Luka; not a single one had Jokic. one week into december and i wonder if any of those people still feel the same way. 

Idk I still think Luka is incredibly special even if he's fat and not playing his best right now. Has always played better after the all-star break. 

Would still take him over Cam Reddish and Trey Young. Put much more of the blame on the Mavs front office. They had a three year window to acquire assets to put around Luka and they failed miserably. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Idk I still think Luka is incredibly special even if he's fat and not playing his best right now. Has always played better after the all-star break. 

Would still take him over Cam Reddish and Trey Young. Put much more of the blame on the Mavs front office. They had a three year window to acquire assets to put around Luka and they failed miserably. 

oh he's definitely special, he just has some real work to do to prove that he's capable of being the no.1 on a title contender. he's definitely got the size and talent for it, but can he reach that LBJ/KD/Steph/Giannis level? as talented as he is, he's ultimately going to be judged on things like mvps, titles, and finals mvps. he's got plenty of time though. 

56 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

He plays no defense, whines to the refs constantly and now is very much out of shape.    Those are all things he can control.

6 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Too much money?

Yeah - I guess the bizarre part is Houston giving him 4/75 going into last year. Easy to not give a shit about winning when someone is still throwing almost 20 a year at you.

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

So Tim McMahon appeared on Zach Lowe's podcast and suggested that Zion now weighs 330 pounds - officially entering Shawn Kemp as a Cav territory.

Yeah I mentioned upthread I had heard that number. Also love the dumbass asking for a time stamp. 

13 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Just insane, DPOY numbers by my man so far.  Tonight 5 blocks, 1 personal foul in 32 minutes.

He's a pimp. Only knock on him so far is he's shooting sub .500 from 2 but 19 year olds that score efficiently are basically non existent. 

Side note - anyone who thought Curry was hitting 16 3s tonight is a fucking moron. Yet ESPN has been shoving the hypothetical down our throats all week. 

Edited by ztejas