NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

Luka recognizes the issue, that's the first step, but two years in a row?  Wow.  Also, as most can attest, it doesn't get any easier to keep weight off as you get older.  He should be fine for the next 3-4 years taking it off rapidly but if this trend continues, as he ages, it may not be gracefully.  Again, considering he's already a pretty piss poor defender, this has to be a consideration.  I've also seen he'd like to play with Ben Simmons.  No idea, what a deal to get Simmons would look like (probably need a 3rd team), but it would be a very Dallas thing to do.

On 12/8/2021 at 1:28 PM, Message Board User said:

We didn’t need ESPN to tell us that.

Back in the Spring I suggested that it’s not a given that the Mavs won the Luka trade and the Mavs fans melted down at the suggestion.

The Mavs absolutely won that trade. Luka needs to be better but Trae will never be anywhere close to the player Luka is.

34 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The Mavs absolutely won that trade. Luka needs to be better but Trae will never be anywhere close to the player Luka is.

Uhhh......he is already.   More pts, more asts, shoots better from the field, 3 and the line.   More playoff success.    And thats coming from a guy who didnt think Trae would even stick as a pro

My phrasing and hyperbole was poor so mea culpa on that. My point is more that Luka is always going to be a guy that gets you 27, 7, 7. His ability to impact the game will be greater than Trae since he has to physical tools to rebound and defend (not saying he does that just that it’s possible). Trae for as good as he is and will be will always be one of the worst defenders in the NBA and cant impact the game on the glass. 
Basically Luka has the ability to be a much more complete basketball player than Trae can be. 
Essentially Luka has the chance to a guy like Lebron. Trae will always be a Dame.

Edited by hobbes2702

I like watching on ESPN because they stab me in the gut with Jalen Rose and SAS pregame before beating me over the head with Hubie Brown during the game. 

I mean... I respect the dude but I don't need every second of a basketball game explained to me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Beast - straight up bullied and owned KAT tonight.  Should be an All Star (along with Garland & Mobley).

Let's just send 12 Cavs. 

Mobley isn't making the all star team. I think Allen has a great case for the 2nd big spot and Garland is certainly getting up there. He'd at least be a top 2 alternate at this point I think. 

I generally don't pay much attention to the NBA until at least February but, I looked at the standings and Golden State is looking fantastic. And that is without Thompson.

For those who pay more attention than I is Thompson supposed to be back to his old playing style soon? And the Wiseman kid, could he be the player that puts them over the top for another title?

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I generally don't pay much attention to the NBA until at least February but, I looked at the standings and Golden State is looking fantastic. And that is without Thompson.

For those who pay more attention than I is Thompson supposed to be back to his old playing style soon? And the Wiseman kid, could he be the player that puts them over the top for another title?

What to do with Wiseman is going to be a huge talking point up to the trade deadline. Since his injury in early April, the Warriors are 36-9. His absence forced them to go all in on small ball with, obviously, great success. He almost certainly won't be the starting center when he comes back. So does he give them enough in limited minutes to warrant keeping, or do they mortgage their future and move him for someone more likely to help them win now?

18 hours ago, Message Board User said:

He'll "never be anywhere close"?  Really?

Only on this board has Trae Young ever been a spare because he’s an OU guy.  His stats with Luka are a push but you’ll hear the Mavs won.  Never mind Trae took his team to the conference finals.

Neither play defense and Luka regularly shows up overweight.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

i'm gonna piggyback this here, and ask the people who are more in the know than I am:

A)Is Sabonis to GS a real possibility?

B)Would GS give up Wiseman to acquire Sabonis?