NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

57 minutes ago, Llogg said:

I'm not saying he should be a starter but he didn't perform any worse than Russ.

Yeah I mean he's probably not any worse than the bottom 30 or so guys in the league. I just think they'd be better off finding a young dude with some promise that hasn't gotten a shot yet. 

Keep in mind my colorful commentary on the Lakers doesn't necessarily reflect my actual, objective takes on the matter. They sicken me almost as much as OU. 

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, immortal13 said:
Covid is fucking ruining sports

Absolutely. NFL finally wised up and changed the way they are going to test. We are almost 2 years into this. Learn to deal with this shit better.

I tried watching the Warriors game tonight...unwatchable. Tried the Nets game, even worse. I got desperate for sports and spent about 5 minutes watching the Stars before I gave up

The NBA has fans right next to the players on the court. Not sure how they could do less and avoid lawsuits that would come when a player gives it to a court side old who dies.

That’d be pretty hard to prove that a fan got the virus from a player or coach. Coulda gotten it walking into the game in the lobby. Or concessions. Or the restaurant/bar they went to before the game. Or Christmas shopping earlier that day. Or…

7 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

The NBA has fans right next to the players on the court. Not sure how they could do less and avoid lawsuits that would come when a player gives it to a court side old who dies.

If any lawsuits like that exist then I must have missed them.

On 12/18/2021 at 8:50 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So this is the third time durants had Covid? Or was #2 being a close contact

No one knows if he has COVID this time.  He's had it once confirmed.  Reports should come out soon if he's close contact or actually has it this time.

11 hours ago, HookEm said:

That “old” should be vaccinated or maybe avoid an indoor gathering with 15,000 people.

Ageist.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Maybe he needed so many for the..... practice.

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

LeBron chose poorly when he built this team. AD was a time bomb and with his contract, a big one. The bubble championship will be LeBron's last. 

/csb

I agree. He still plays at a high level but the roster construction stuff is just horrible at this point. And if last year is any indication I don't think he has as much gas in the tank as he did even a few years ago. 

I think he'll catch Kareem then hang it up. Maybe try and play with Bronny but I'm not sure Bronny is a guarantee to be in the league at 19.

6 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Lol...FB_IMG_1640009481544.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Caruso is a legitimately good NBA player. Like top 150ish guy in the league right now. Lonzo isn't a slouch either. Has to be maddening for them watching those 2 ball out for a potential contender while they're stuck with Trevor Ariza and THT.

38 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

So Ja Morant returns tonight and...Memphis loses at home to a terrible OKC team.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

OKC actually isn't that bad. They'll catch your ass napping if you aren't careful. (They were also playing for some pride tonight) 

Honestly everyone in the West can get you on an off night. The league is crazy deep right now. Detroit and Orlando are the only actually awful teams.

Edited by ztejas

Scottie Barnes has some Ant in him (although Ant is way more charismatic) where it seems like he's a little... how do I say this... ignorant of the situation (*cough* dumb) and benefits from it. 

Sometimes you need those guys that just give zero fucks about what's going on around them and play their game either way. Don't get me wrong - Scottie's a great player. Just chuckled a bit watching this one. "Scottie - what's it like playing KD?' "Uhh I mean like he's a good player and can do everything on the floor but I just went and saw plays where I could score or pass the ball and went ahead and did that".

Klay has definitely had that vibe throughout his career. 

Edited by ztejas
Yes I know I'm going to hell

On 10/19/2021 at 7:10 PM, ztejas said:

I like Brooklyn's bench.

On 10/19/2021 at 9:48 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Would be a great bench if it was 2012

On 10/19/2021 at 9:53 PM, ztejas said:

Lol. Not sure what Milsap is going to do for them. 

But I like Patty as the 6th man - think LMA can give them some good minutes and actually like James Johnson a lot. 

Revisiting the 1st page for some reason. (it's late and I'm bored and I like this community)

God I'm good. Identified a bum and three crucial contributors after one game.

Get me on the hook now for any futures bets or pyramid schemes. As long as it involves knowledge of the San Antonio Spurs that is tangentially related to my unhealthy obsession with Kevin Durant. Yes, I know - the opportunities are endless.

Love you guys and enjoying this season. Apologies if I dominate the convo too much at times - it gets dry in here.

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

OKC actually isn't that bad. They'll catch your ass napping if you aren't careful. (They were also playing for some pride tonight) 

Honestly everyone in the West can get you on an off night. The league is crazy deep right now. Detroit and Orlando are the only actually awful teams.

Yeah, OKC has three solid players and there is a big drop off after that.  When they lost to Memphis by 75, those three guys weren’t playing.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Message Board User said:

With last night’s win, OKC is now 10-19, tied with Houston and NOLA for fewest wins in the West with a pretty easy schedule so far.

Make no mistake, they are bad.

According to Tankathon, they all have about the same strength of schedule remaining.  Okie City prolly got the single best player on those three teams but their roster 4-12 is a bunch of borderline NBA dudes that wouldn’t make most rosters.

I’ll be interested to see if SGA gets “hurt” again.

Ugh. So many great moments in last night's Lakers/Suns game. The THT airballed 3 5 feet short of the basket, the Ariza airballed free throw, Melo getting ejected in the 3rd Q, LeBron feigning serious injury only to be - shocker - totally fucking fine, IT and THT combining for 2 of 20 something from the field. It's going to be a tight awards season - get your picks in while you can.

On 12/21/2021 at 6:24 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Well that Brooklyn bench stress test failed as they lost to the Orlando magic

No JJ or LMA.

Granted they are all better with KD on the floor. Think Patty went like 2/14 from 3 trying to carry the load. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Message Board User said:

With last night’s win, OKC is now 10-19, tied with Houston and NOLA for fewest wins in the West with a pretty easy schedule so far.

Are they ever going to put anything together with these vast amounts of draft picks? Boston was the same way. So many pointed how genius and a great future they had with their moves and draft picks and nothing at all transpired from it. 

22 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Right - but the point is that there are very few truly awful teams this season. Yes 10-19 is bad but over 82 that's 28-54. 28 is quite a few losses to hand out over the season - they aren't a classic 17-65 type bottom dweller. 

20 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Are they ever going to put anything together with these vast amounts of draft picks? Boston was the same way. So many pointed how genius and a great future they had with their moves and draft picks and nothing at all transpired from it. 

Boston would have been fine if Kyrie hadn't torpedoed them. Kyrie + Tatum + Brown + Smart would have been scary over the 2-3 years.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

A30B3A24-A741-4964-8AD5-58C5D9CE9B5B.jpeg

Matt Bonner says hello, you overrated dingleberry.

Also, Dirk sends his regards you playoff neophyte. I’m sorry, I’m being told he has won exactly one playoff game in his career. I wish Jimmy would’ve kicked this clowns ass in public.

Obviously including the guys already mentioned - Vuc hit .400 from 3 last year on over 6 looks per game. 

KAT isn't some anomaly like he thinks he is. He also plays like a bitch and is a shitty defender and has never made the playoffs as the best player on his team. 

So maybe pipe down big fella.

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

The Tacko Fall era begins tonight.

Other than the millions of deaths, untold suffering, recession, inflation, and the insertion of politics into every conceivable facet of our lives, Tacko Fall starting in a non pre-season game is the worst thing to come from this virus.

3 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Other than the millions of deaths, untold suffering, recession, inflation, and the insertion of politics into every conceivable facet of our lives, Tacko Fall starting in a non pre-season game is the worst thing to come from this virus.

Or Luke Kornet playing with him.

Fun fact - only 11 seasons separated Luke Kornet's father's last season and Joe Johnson's rookie season. 

Frank Kornet - Milwaukee Bucks (NBA Basketball Card) 1990-91 Skybox # –  PictureYourDreams

I came ready to pile on, but then I looked at his stats. KAT has multiple seasons (well, partial seasons) shooting ~40% from deep on over 5 attempts per game. That's fucking stout for a big. 

Dirk only shot 40% with over 4 attempts per game once in his career.

So I guess the question is, "if a 3 falls in Minneapolis, does anyone give a fuck?"

• Haha 1