NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

10 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Typical nba jawing…I was let down

Apologies. Didnt mean to imply it was an actual fight. 

It was some pretty excessive jawing between two superstars though. Not something you see a lot anymore (in December at least).

Edited by ztejas

On 12/27/2021 at 10:44 PM, ztejas said:

Nice to see Harden rounding into shape 35 games into the season. 

To be fair to him- he was injured most of the off season and couldn’t really stay in shape. I guess if you aren’t counting round as a shape. 
mine as wondering if he was done/cooked getting to line less/getting older/whatever. It looks like he’s not done yet. 
Be interesting to see what happens with KI playing on the road etc. can’t hurt if it takes some of the load off KD whose getting too old for this shit. Cue Lethal Weapon Gif. 

32 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Good lord lol

FB_IMG_1640924184147.jpg

He’s a real joy to watch!

Since this is another lost season for the Purple and Gold I’m just probably watching Warriors games when I have time. No one else in the NBA interests me enough to want to watch them. The Dubs seem fun again and I hope Klay comes back and gives them the scoring and perimeter defense they need to win another title. 

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Listening to Simmons and a couple goofballs do a bad contracts draft (draft the worst contracts in the league by how bad they are. Bertans/Wall/MPJ were top 3).

Talen Horton Tucker is shooting 23.4% from 3 and being paid $10M a year for this year and the next two.

What. The. Fuck. 

I had to Google that name, because I have never heard of the guy. His % stats are on a downward trend every year. 

35 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Fuck me, double posts 

KD and Embiid trash talking

https://streamable.com/nx604x

Sac game winner:

https://streamable.com/wcmywr

That's just a small snippet. It went on for longer after that before they each walked off the floor. That was also after KD went up to him to start talking shit after Embiid got an and-1 with 15 seconds left. They got double technicals and Durant continued to talk to him while he was at the line shooting. 

I don't think it was that malicious or a big deal or anything but it was some of the most pronounced trash talk between two players that good that I've seen in the regular season. I feel like usually it's role players or some of the classic instigators stirring up drama like this. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ok so dumb question here but why is it ok for kyrie to practice but not play in NY with him being unvaccinated?  Are the practice facilities not also in NY?  Why can he “come to work” to practice but not play in a game?  

It's actually a good question. I beleive because Nets' practices are deemed private not public activities. He wouldn't be allowed to go play pickup at a lifetime fitness, for example. Nets' games are obviously public activities. 

Full Vaccination: People 12 and older participating in the below public indoor activities are now required to show proof they have received two vaccine doses, except for those who have received the one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

People ages 5 to 12 are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and people 12 and older must show proof of two doses (except for Johnson & Johnson recipients), for:

• Indoor dining
    • Includes restaurants, catering halls, hotel banquet rooms, bars, nightclubs, cafeterias, coffee shops, fast food restaurants, grocery stores with indoor dining and other indoor dining spaces

• Indoor fitness
    • Includes gyms, fitness centers, fitness classes, pools, dance studios and other indoor fitness studios, such as yoga or Pilates

• Indoor entertainment and certain meeting spaces
    • Includes movie theaters, music and concert venues, museums, aquariums and zoos, professional sports arenas, indoor stadiums, convention centers, exhibition halls, hotel meeting and event spaces, performing arts theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, pool and billiard halls, recreational game centers, adult entertainment and indoor play areas
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

I had to Google that name, because I have never heard of the guy. His % stats are on a downward trend every year. 

You must have missed when I referred to him as non-scoring non-defending guard Talen Horton Tucker earlier this season. 

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ok so dumb question here but why is it ok for kyrie to practice but not play in NY with him being unvaccinated?  Are the practice facilities not also in NY?  Why can he “come to work” to practice but not play in a game?  

Venue.  Public vs private.  NYC Hall deemed Brooklyn's practice facility a private venue.  Players playing in public venues have to be vaccinated.

• Hook 'Em 1

Gone unnoticed this season because they are in a market that the national media doesn't care about is that the Portland Trailblazers are an absolutely unmitigated fucking trainwreck. They fired Stotts like they probably should have but then they literally did nothing at all to address any roster issues. They are about to be 13-22 after getting blown out by a disastrous themselves Lakers team. 

Sorry or not sorry Dame - you made your I AIN'T NO SUPERTEAMER comments and now you're paying for it. Enjoy missing the playoffs in one of your three remaining solidly productive seasons. 

Yeesh. Can we put them in Seattle? 

1 minute ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

Kendrick Perkins said the Lakers are "like the girl that was hot in high school, but at the 10 year class reunion don't look that good no more." Lulz

Okay... who are you? No one shits up this thread but me, dammit. 

LeBron dropped 43 tonight in 29 minutes. On 16/26 shooting. He's 37 years old. 

Anyone that doesn't have him at least top 3 ever needs to get real with themselves at this point. And I would alter that statement to top 2 ever but I know there's a lot of LeBron haters here and I'm not trying to be inflammatory.

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Gone unnoticed this season because they are in a market that the national media doesn't care about is that the Portland Trailblazers are an absolutely unmitigated fucking trainwreck. They fired Stotts like they probably should have but then they literally did nothing at all to address any roster issues. They are about to be 13-22 after getting blown out by a disastrous themselves Lakers team. 

Sorry or not sorry Dame - you made your I AIN'T NO SUPERTEAMER comments and now you're paying for it. Enjoy missing the playoffs in one of your three remaining solidly productive seasons. 

Yeesh. Can we put them in Seattle? 

Don't think it's gone unnoticed and we spoke about it about a month ago in the thread.  They've had a few injuries but nothing serious, basically, it's the same team from last year with a few different supporting parts, but the real issue is Dame is terrible right now.  Not like, oh, he's having a down season for a superstar, he's having like a disaster season and playing about 60% of last year's campaign.  He's played a lot of basketball the last 2-3 years so folks are wondering, if it's his legs...... or at 31.5 and being a small guy, is this the beginning of the end and by end I mean has a star.  Is it a cliff ending which happens with little guys too.  We're almost half way through the season, so idk what Portland does.  I've always questioned whether you could win a ship with Dame as your best player (I've leaned no), but respected his loyalty to Portland.  Maybe it's time to sell it all and get the picks you can to try and rebuild because his value is slipping by the day.

Dame played fairly well in the Olympics so I hesitate to believe he's washed. I think it's a combination of the new ball, less rest due to Olympics, and crummy environment with the coaching change and lack of roster upgrade causing frustration. I also suspect he has played fewer games alongside CJ this year than in years past, so there is no other threat to take the focus off him.

I can only think of a few teams for whom Dame has real value this season. Most prominently the Lakers, Clippers, Sixers would probably all be better with him on the roster. I'm not sure what they have to offer would interest the Blazers, though. If Portland wanted Simmons that deal could have been done long ago, so I can't imagine that scenario playing out now. Dame could potentially elevate Chicago to real contender status but not sure they want to mess with their chemistry or have the pieces Portland would want. Denver might swing for the fences to avoid wasting a year of Jokic, sending some package of Bol Bol, MPJ, and picks for Dame, but that would probably be short sighted.

No he wasn't. He was the leading scorer in pool play. He didn't play well in the finals phase but I wouldn't say he was as bad as he's been this year for the Blazers.

Edit: just looked up his numbers and they were worse than I remembered. He was basically the worst player in the team statistically over the last six games. I do wonder how much and when that abdominal injury affected him.

Edited by Llogg

Or, and I’m just throwing this out there, AE has always been incredibly overrated by anyone who ever had him as a top 10 guy and it has never been anything but the purest lunacy to believe he can be the best piece on a title winning team, and  his Portland teams have never ever ever been relevant to winning a title in any way shape or form. 

5 hours ago, Llogg said:

Dame played fairly well in the Olympics so I hesitate to believe he's washed. I think it's a combination of the new ball, less rest due to Olympics, and crummy environment with the coaching change and lack of roster upgrade causing frustration. I also suspect he has played fewer games alongside CJ this year than in years past, so there is no other threat to take the focus off him.

I can only think of a few teams for whom Dame has real value this season. Most prominently the Lakers, Clippers, Sixers would probably all be better with him on the roster. I'm not sure what they have to offer would interest the Blazers, though. If Portland wanted Simmons that deal could have been done long ago, so I can't imagine that scenario playing out now. Dame could potentially elevate Chicago to real contender status but not sure they want to mess with their chemistry or have the pieces Portland would want. Denver might swing for the fences to avoid wasting a year of Jokic, sending some package of Bol Bol, MPJ, and picks for Dame, but that would probably be short sighted.

As mentioned he was awful and basically benched in the last few games in crunch time.  He also had a slow start last year irrc.  

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Or, and I’m just throwing this out there, AE has always been incredibly overrated by anyone who ever had him as a top 10 guy and it has never been anything but the purest lunacy to believe he can be the best piece on a title winning team, and  his Portland teams have never ever ever been relevant to winning a title in any way shape or form. 

AE?  Huh?  Anthony Edwards?  Who?

Who cares about this shit anymore? Seriously - this record has now been broken 4 times since LeBron recorded his first triple double (okay not "broken" but 4 guys younger than LeBron have done it in like the past 5 years). It isn't rare. It isn't particularly hard to do if you're a rookie on a horrible team. This is like the top post on/r/nba right now. To me this is a mention it on the crawl type stat and say "huh no kidding" and move on. They didn't even win the fucking game. 

Nothing against Giddey - I think he's going to be a nice player. I just don't find triple doubles on bad teams in losses that impressive. 

Edited by ztejas

Who cares about this shit anymore? Seriously - this record has now been broken 4 times since LeBron recorded his first triple double (okay not "broken" but 4 guys younger than LeBron have done it in like the past 5 years). It isn't rare. It isn't particularly hard to do if you're a rookie on a horrible team. This is like the top post on/r/nba right now. To me this is a mention it on the crawl type stat and say "huh no kidding" and move on. They didn't even win the fucking game. 
Nothing against Giddey - I think he's going to be a nice player. I just don't find triple doubles on bad teams in losses that impressive.

a5935ce413067f4d8f52ab6889eb229d.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1