NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

On 1/13/2022 at 6:57 PM, Sbbruin said:

LeBron is having a hell of a season.  Problem is he's the only one on the team worth a red cent.

just 2 years from their title, how can they plummet so much with that much talent and still have AD, LJ, Dwight, Rondo . Miss Caruso that much?

Joker, Embid, Greek, and Lebron are the 4 best players. 

"Brooklyn plays 11 of its next 14 games on the road, and thus it expects to have a Kyrie Irving-James Harden backcourt together for those games. Irving is playing only road games because of his status as an unvaccinated player.

The Nets won 16 of 19 games last season when they had Irving and Harden together, but no Durant, according to ESPN Stats & Information research."

Interesting, might be worth seeing a few games of the Beard and Flat Earth.

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Markannen.  He's like a taller, more Finnish, Bruce Bowen.

I thought y'all defended KD really well in a game earlier this year (I mean I think he still had like 32 on 10/21 or something) by just throwing those freakish 7 foot wings at him. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I thought y'all defended KD really well in a game earlier this year (I mean I think he still had like 32 on 10/21 or something) by just throwing those freakish 7 foot wings at him. 

And that's what's been fascinating - at a time where the league has been going small ball, the Cavs have zagged and went big.  Markannen has been pleasantly not a disaster on defense and can move better than I would have guessed.

Considering where this team was a year ago (slogging through Andre Drummond's nonsense and Kevin Love's pouting), it's almost inconceivable that they could be in line for a top...4 seed?  Maybe top 2 as they have the easiest schedule the rest of the way while the Bucks have the toughest and the Nets will be w/o KD for the next month or so?

Omer Yurtseven tonight- DNP- Coach's decision 

Woooooow. Fuck Spo for that one. The rookie from Georgetown has been an absolute godsend in Bam's absence and this is how Spo does him. fuuuucccckkkk that. the guy averages 14 pts and 14 reb while Bam is out and you DNP him on Bam'a return. that's so foul. i never thought of Spo as a mindless dickhead, but that's foul. 

Also - how about this jump from Ant:

Rookie season:

19.3 ppg on 42/33/78 shooting and 4.7/2.9/1.1/0.5 - boards dimes steals blocks 

Sophomore:

22.2 ppg on 44/38/80 and 5.2/3.7/1.5/0.7 

His turnovers are up to 3.2 from 2.2 but you'd expect that to plateau a bit rather than keep going up. 

Kid is going to be special. 

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Who Am I?

Per 36 averages:

11.9 ppg, 17.1 reb, 5.4 oreb, 3.7 ast, 2.3 stl, 1.8 blk

haha. it's Andre Drummond, the best backup C in the league. too bad he plays for one of the most dysfunctional franchises in basketball. if those fools could deal Simmons for some decent wing players/role players they could fuck around and win it all. but Philly gonna Philly. 

edit- meant to quote Mitch, but whatever 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

haha. it's Andre Drummond, the best backup C in the league. too bad he plays for one of the most dysfunctional franchises in basketball. if those fools could deal Simmons for some decent wing players/role players they could fuck around and win it all. but Philly gonna Philly. 

edit- meant to quote Mitch, but whatever 

Morey is a really really good GM. I fully expect him to trade Simmons for some good pieces and think he’s been smart to hold him until the deadline. We will see. 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Morey is a really really good GM. I fully expect him to trade Simmons for some good pieces and think he’s been smart to hold him until the deadline. We will see. 

i hope so. i still have a tiny bit of rooting interest in Philly, just leftover from the time when Coach Wright was there and they were the team that i followed. i want to see Embiid playing in the Finals. 

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:
3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
Yikes

FB_IMG_1642624262595.thumb.jpg.5dd9cf96f7e44bde37d0b5390c399959.jpg

How many triple doubles, though? That's what counts.

A little misleading. He's made 309 field goals, shooting pretty close to his career percentages. Kinda unfair to take his layups out of the equation. But his turnover rate is a career high, despite his lowest usage since 2009.

• Hook 'Em 1