NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Kansas over Baylor is regarded. 

They blew them out head to head in Lawrence and they’re ahead of them in the Big 12. Hard to rate Baylor over them right now. Plus Baylor just lost one of their best players. 

Having said that, *I* think Baylor has the better personnel, but I figure they’ll have to show it over the rest of the Big 12 games. Especially the rematch in Waco, and a possible rematch in the conference tournament. 

10 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Hard to rate Baylor over them right now.

It isn't at all. Baylor is ahead by over 2 points in KenPom. They're ahead in NET by 4 spots. They've been the better team over the past month. Teams have off days - especially in Lawrence. I fault them less for that than for KU getting raped by UK and fucking around and almost getting taken to OT by OU at home. 

Although - going forward I might lean KU with Tchachoua (sp.) out - but I think Baylor is overall the better team and definitely scarier come March. Kansas has more identifiable issues to me. 

Edited by ztejas

38 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It isn't at all. Baylor is ahead by over 2 points in KenPom. They're ahead in NET by 4 spots. They've been the better team over the past month. Teams have off days - especially in Lawrence. I fault them less for that than for KU getting raped by UK and fucking around and almost getting taken to OT by OU at home. 

Although - going forward I might lean KU with Tchachoua (sp.) out - but I think Baylor is overall the better team and definitely scarier come March. Kansas has more identifiable issues to me. 

Me too. But you’re saying it’s retarded to put KU over Baylor. I’m saying it’s not retarded at all, even if my personal eye test aligns with your’s. Again, the only head to head so far KU didn’t just win. They ran them off the floor. And in the conference standings KU is ahead right now. To me that equals not retarded to rate KU higher. 

10 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Me too. But you’re saying it’s retarded to put KU over Baylor. I’m saying it’s not retarded at all, even if my personal eye test aligns with your’s. Again, the only head to head so far KU didn’t just win. They ran them off the floor. And in the conference standings KU is ahead right now. To me that equals not retarded to rate KU higher. 

You're taking my comment a little too seriously. I'm not shy about typing retarded - I didn't type that. I think it's dumb. I think Baylor is clearly the better basketball team right now. I understand why some would put Kansas ahead but again - I think it's dumb.

A lot of it obviously comes down to how much you weigh the H2H. Which - considering it was in Lawrence - I weigh only slightly more than the other conference games they've played. Now - if Baylor gets whipped in Waco? Okay I'll hang up and listen. Objective metrics have Baylor as the better team. They look like the better team. Against the 10 other teams they've played sans the game in Lawrence they've performed better (the last 10 games they've played). I'd be much more concerned about facing them in March than Kansas. 

Edited by ztejas

Right. You think it’s dumb. I think it’s dumb to think it’s dumb. They’re clearly the two best teams in the conference. And while you and I agree that Baylor seems like the better team, I don’t have any issue with someone switching around the order. It’s not like it’s final. 

As far as taking your comments too seriously, I don’t even know what that means. This is all entertainment for me. I disagreed with what you wrote, said so, stated my reasons why. It’s a fucking post on a message board. What is there to take seriously?

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The ole Bob Knight move. Leave in the middle of the season so they have to make your son the head coach. I’m guessing this was part of the deal. But leaving in the middle of the season ensures there’s not a lot of choice. 

Glad he was recognized at Kentucky this year when High Point played in Rupp Arena. Always felt like he got a bit of a bad rap from the loony toons Wildcat basketball fans while he was there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

It's fine to get T'd up to get your team going or whatever. But doing it the 2nd time indicates that the man needs to get back on his meds. 

I remember when we played Buffalo in the round of 32 in 2019, I couldn't believe what a psycho he was on the sideline. I've watched a lot of basketball and I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone act that way with as much consistency as Oats. The highlight was a play in the 1st half where we got an offensive rebound/tip in and he literally stamped his foot as hard as he could on the ground while hulking out with his upper body. Literally like a 5 year old that isn't getting his way.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Some day college teams will stop hiring the famous NBA player alumnus and sucking shit as a result.

I mean it will suck having to shitcan your most famous basketball alum, but they cant continue with this and pretend they even care anymore, right? Even John Thompson III managed a .653 winning percentage. 

image.png.907772ffddca376611f218b19bd5de6a.png

9 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Vermont has an interesting way of celebrating their conference championship.

ndcgowc3jii81.jpg

guessing it’s related to Anthony Lamb?

I'm sorry but this slayed me. I don't even know where to begin. Is every post on their page 1/3 about the men's basketball team and 2/3 the university sexual assault policy?

What did Anthony Lamb do?