Players on this team who should NEVER be starting:

GreenspointTexas

3 hours ago, Loather said:

It is a mystery to me why the kids that come to Texas to play football are such weak pussies. Bijan, Worthy, Roschon, and a handful of others on this team are men, the rest are all pussies. They are some of the most talented kids in the NCAA. But what they are not is real men. They are pussies with no pride in themselves. If they were men, it would not matter what our record was, it would not matter what the score in a game was, they would keep fighting. This group gives up. They are an embarrassment to themselves, their families, and the school. You don't have to win to be a man, but you do have to keep fighting.

Can you imagine any circumstance where Roschon Johnson quits fighting and just gives up like a pussy? It's not happening, and no matter how few games Texas wins while he is here, he can go the rest of his life knowing he gave it 100%. That is something to be proud of. It must drive a kid like him crazy to be on a team with a bunch of entitled pussies who don't care as much about winning as he does.

If you want to tell me these are 18 - 22-year-old student athletes, let me tell you in advance to fuck off. You think Jimmy Johnson would put up with this crap? No. Because he is a winner. Multiple players would be benched. They would be running laps. If they wanted to quit, fine get the fuck out. It would be better to play walk-on guys that want to be here. Punish these fuckers. 

The only mystery here is why pussies don't go to Baylor or Oklahoma? Men go there to play. I can't answer that one. It could be you Liberal Hippie crotch sniffers that infest everything Longhorn. Maybe it's the LHN. It fascinates me how this team recruits weak individuals year after year. They even look physically different than the players on real football teams. It's weird. But there is no disputing that the team is full of weak individuals. This program even brings in pussy coaches. Mack brown telling the kids there will be Mac-And-Cheese for lunch. I may have missed it, but I don't think I have seen Saban do that. Sarkesian playing an inspirational movie for the guys? I hope that one is not true. If it is, then Sark is done, he doesn't have a clue. Why does OU get Bob Stoops and we get Mack Brown? The whole organization is weak. It's an embarrassment. Fuck everyone associated with it, and any of you that tolerates it. 

Well I'll be god damned. That's a real man's man right there. I mean he told me so.

Bob Stoops and Mack Brown have the exact same # of national titles. In fact, Texas has a more recent one than OU.

Our legendary coach fell apart and got lazy. We had a good succession plan in place but he fucked it up and we've been wandering in the desert ever since. We took two home run swings (Saban and Urban) and missed both. We've ended up with projects (a small-timer, a smaller-timer, and a personal self-destruction case).

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Bob Stoops and Mack Brown have the exact same # of national titles. In fact, Texas has a more recent one than OU.

Our legendary coach fell apart and got lazy. We had a good succession plan in place but he fucked it up and we've been wandering in the desert ever since. We took two home run swings (Saban and Urban) and missed both. We've ended up with projects (a small-timer, a smaller-timer, and a personal self-destruction case).

The big question to the bolded is WHY? Why do the elite coaches not want to come here ?

Just now, nineliveslost said:

The big question to the bolded is WHY? Why do the elite coaches not want to come here ?

Those coaches have turned down a lot of jobs, I wouldn't shit myself too hard over being yet another turndown.

The thing that's fucked us the hardest is that our legendary coach (Mack) didn't produce a coaching tree for us to pick fruit from. We had a HCIW situation that probably would've worked out pretty well, but he screwed that up. He kept GD around for years and never raised his replacement because he was scared of a replacement.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Those coaches have turned down a lot of jobs, I wouldn't shit myself too hard over being yet another turndown.

The thing that's fucked us the hardest is that our legendary coach (Mack) didn't produce a coaching tree for us to pick fruit from. We had a HCIW situation that probably would've worked out pretty well, but he screwed that up. He kept GD around for years and never raised his replacement because he was scared of a replacement.

That head coach in waiting got fired from his last two jobs because he sucked as a head coach 

Something is turning elite coaches away from Texas 

• Like 1

Different players last year... Should be different players next year. 
I don't know if the SC coaching is good or not. We may just not have the guys that are football strong. (Looks like it.)
I'm not one to blame the S&C coach for losses, but we seem to be more gassed in the 4th quarter than other teams not named Rice, LaLaff and Tceh. We beat TCU because Bijan dug deep and went into beast mode, not because we had more late game intensity versus frog players.

I'm torn on Becton tbh. On one hand we have far fewer soft tissue injuries than during the Yancy years, but our players under Herman looked bigger and stronger overall vs this years Sark team. Bigger isnt always better, I'll acknowledge that, but when the 4th quarter comes around both our lines seem to get pushed around and DB's lose a step or two versus what they had earlier in the game. Idk man..

1 minute ago, nineliveslost said:

Something is turning elite coaches away from Texas 

It's a high pressure situation and those are two guys who can pick their spots.

Perhaps after a third failure (hoping Sark turns it around, but...) we will be in a position where all the fucking cats (big $ factions, administration, etc...) will put their own little fiefdoms aside and bow down before a Big Daddy sure-thing hire like Urban or Saban.

Thing is... who even is that at this point? Nick is old as fuck. Urban might come back to the NCAA but he's got finger stink on him and makes it harder and harder to tempt those cats into aligning. Dabo? Kirby Smart?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

How often does a national title winning coach go from one school straight to another without a stop in the NFL or TV?  That list is short in the 2000s:

2018 Fisher leaves FSU 

Urban had the NFL call him. Saban was in the middle of a monster run at Alabama. These are not shit jobs. Why would you come do a rebuild when you can keep winning at the monster you built or try something new after already climbing the mountain and make 12 million a year to do it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Well in that idiot’s mind, you can make players either a safety or DE. It’s pretty simple. 
Overshown is a great athlete that is an average P5 football player. He has no business starting at linebacker for Texas. He might have 2-3 eye raising plays per game, but you know those plays where we are getting gashed?  Yeah, that’s because he and his counterpart Brock are simply not good players. Oh, and our defensive line is about the worst I’ve ever seen it. 

Neither Overshown or Brock have the size/strength to shed a second level block..even if it's a RB or WR doing the blocking. Having said that, our D-line doesnt do a great job of eating up blockers so the LB's can make a play...if they did then both DMo and Brock could be decent.

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

How often does a national title winning coach go from one school straight to another without a stop in the NFL or TV?  That list is short in the 2000s:

2018 Fisher leaves FSU 

Urban had the NFL call him. Saban was in the middle of a monster run at Alabama. These are not shit jobs. Why would you come do a rebuild when you can keep winning at the monster you built or try something new after already climbing the mountain and make 12 million a year to do it. 

we went for Saban in 2010 .  He was tempted but something turned him away. Do you honestly think Sark was 1st or 2nd with the offer?

I truly believe their own egos would love the chance to turn around a blue blood and make them great again. 

Something is making them smell shit and turning us down. 

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It's a high pressure situation and those are two guys who can pick their spots.

Perhaps after a third failure (hoping Sark turns it around, but...) we will be in a position where all the fucking cats (big $ factions, administration, etc...) will put their own little fiefdoms aside and bow down before a Big Daddy sure-thing hire like Urban or Saban.

Thing is... who even is that at this point? Nick is old as fuck. Urban might come back to the NCAA but he's got finger stink on him and makes it harder and harder to tempt those cats into aligning. Dabo? Kirby Smart?

Well, the story is that Saban didn’t want to play the booster game. But let’s play pretend and say he takes over in 2013. He comes to Texas, spends a couple seasons cleaning up after Mack and training boosters. 

Meanwhile, Alabama is paying him what he wants, boosters are in line, he wins three national championships and misses the CFP what, twice?

Saban became the  unquestioned best ever college football coach at his current job. Honestly, what else could the guy ask for, he obviously is set up for success there. This question is along the lines of “why can’t Margot Robbie steal Ana de Armas’ man?” 

11 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

we went for Saban in 2010 .  He was tempted but something turned him away. Do you honestly think Sark was 1st or 2nd with the offer?

I truly believe their own egos would love the chance to turn around a blue blood and make them great again. 

Something is making them smell shit and turning us down. 

I don’t think it was ever more than forum speculation that Texas was after Saban in 2010, people were pissed after 5-7 but the admin was not serious about moving on from Mack. If that had been what they wanted, they’d have pushed him out and given the reins to Muschamp as promised. 2013 was the real Saban to Texas smoke. 

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t think it was ever more than forum speculation that Texas was after Saban in 2010, people were pissed after 5-7 but the admin was not serious about moving on from Mack. If that had been what they wanted, they’d have pushed him out and given the reins to Muschamp as promised. 2013 was the real Saban to Texas smoke. 

memory is a little foggy over the last shitty decade 

See the source image

There are two elite college coaches out there, maybe three.  Nick, Urban, Dabo...in that order.  EVERYTHING else is just a matter of getting lucky.  This whole "why are elite coaches turning us down?" stuff is hilarious.  There aren't 15-20 of these guys out there telling Texas to go fuck themselves.   You gotta get lucky.

OU went through Gibbs, Schnellenberger and Blake before they got lucky with Stoops.  Dabo fell into Clemson's lap....and they got lucky they were just patient enough.  It really fucking sucks but there really isn't this one thing or even several you can look at in the hiring process and absolutely KNOW....this is it, this is the one.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Dabo is proving himself to be a notch below Urban and Saban. He is in the "Needs an elite QB to win" category with Jimbo, Chizik, Coach O, and Mack. He just had two of them in a row. 

Nick had elite WRs with elite RBs, great lines and above average QBs.

When take away those and he would be mortal. Just like everyone else. But his job is to get them, so good for him.
  • Like 1

Serious question: How many "tier one" programs would tolerate a player quitting during a game? How many of them would let a player that punched a coach stay on the team? I know these events happened during the previous staff's tenure, but one of these players is still a starter on our defense. The vast majority of our team is comprised of Tom Herman recruits, many of which seems like a bunch of entitled malcontents. It's interesting how he raved about instilling a culture of physicality and professionalism. He fielded some physical teams (mostly 2018), but that quality regressed up until his firing. It certainly never felt like Texas football was a professional organization in the sense that Alabama's, tOSU's, and Georgia's programs are. Players that come here are mostly more concerned with the accolades and the local fame rather than winning football games and acting the part of a semi-professional athlete.