Players on this team who should NEVER be starting:

GreenspointTexas

8 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

What's the logic here? What evidence do you have for this? Getting destroyed by an Arkansas DL that was in his face every down with a 3-man rush and 8 guys in coverage?

Yeah, I don't see anything that says Card can't do it.  He just went from a year of practice time with a bunch of JAGs half-assing it, to ULaLa, where he did pretty well and kept clean, to getting abused by some big boys.  He wilted.

It's not a permanent condition.  Buechele did a lot of the same thing.  And I think Card flashed more than Buechele did as a youngster.

6 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

You’re assuming our meathead WRs would catch Sam’s balls better than they don’t Casey’s?

Our WR weren't great last year, either.  Worthy is better than anyone we had on roster last year, but we had a couple of somewhat more reliable catchers.

I think the contribution that Ehlinger would make would be a near-refusal to let drives stall as soon as we get behind the chains.  He'd do it with his feet if he had to, and probably would.

Someone pointed it out, maybe Scipio, but as soon as we get behind the chains, we're fucked.  It's more challenging for any team, but we seem to absolutely wilt, from Casey on down.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

There is no way X makes Bama’s 2-deep. 

Bijan, if he started at Bama - maybe. No other player on our squad would sniff it. 

Worthy would in a year or two after putting on some weight.

Alabama doesn't need Xavier Worthy right now, as talented as he may be.  They have older, bigger, acceptable substitutes.

7 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I want to see it, but I just don't with Overshown, and I believe he's playing out of position in the middle of the field. He's too rangy to be getting jammed up with centers and guards...He reminds me of Andrew Kelson, and luckily we had Aaron Harris (who was only above average, really) so guys like him (and later Malik) didn't have to play what amounts to MLB.

His highlight reel is pretty skimpy -- coming into this season, it's just five plays. Two sacks, one of which saw him come untouched through the line and the other a matador block. Three picks on badly thrown balls -- he does make good plays on the ball in some of those. I hate writing people off as tweeners especially when they are as athletic as he is, and also when they are great people,  but he seems like a tweener. 

Either you let him stay at safety or you go the no half measures route and spin him all the way down to DE. 

you had me until the last 2 letters. He's too small for LB so let's Jett Bush him?

OL and DL are so bad that I can't tell...

Football is a complimentary game that REQUIRES winning the LOS.  

Show me where we win the LOS. 

This is the worst OL I can recall since I first attended  Texas in 89. We were terrible, but the OL wasn't this lost.

Bijan is doing nothing now. How is that possible? And his pass pro needs work, but he's not a negative. Casey is getting hulk slammed every other play. Hudson would be a quadriplegic if he had to take this beating. I'm glad he's getting another year to grow and avoid this shit, and any of you who want to see him do well (or live) should be, too. Sam wouldn't win shit with this OL. Just stop it. He would be limping more than he already always was. 

DL get zero pressure and doesn't keep OL off LBs.  Opposing QBs can sit in the pocket, unless we stunt (and even then it still gets picked up often) or bring an extra.

Opposing RBs can avg 5ypc straight up the gut. Our run d is terrible and gets gassed at half... Hire Jim Wendler for s&c... Fuck it.

I think Josh Thompson is good. I think Jamison could be good. But shit, they have to cover all damn day, so I can't tell. Foster was better 2 years ago (poor coaching?)

LBs (except 0) are slooooow...

WRs (except Worthy) don't catch well. Even Whittington double catches a lot of balls...when he's available. Moore and Washington? Seem like they could get better... Catch the fucking ball.  Put in Kai Money. Damn.

But again... Show me just a stalemate at the LOS on either side, And I'll show you a likely positive play... 

Dammit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Snacks said:

OL and DL are so bad that I can't tell...

Football is a complimentary game that REQUIRES winning the LOS.  

Show me where we win the LOS. 

This is the worst OL I can recall since I first attended  Texas in 89. We were terrible, but the OL wasn't this lost.

Bijan is doing nothing now. How is that possible? And his pass pro needs work, but he's not a negative. Casey is getting hulk slammed every other play. Hudson would be a quadriplegic if he had to take this beating. I'm glad he's getting another year to grow and avoid this shit, and any of you who want to see him do well (or live) should be, too. Sam wouldn't win shit with this OL. Just stop it. He would be limping more than he already always was. 

DL get zero pressure and doesn't keep OL off LBs.  Opposing QBs can sit in the pocket, unless we stunt (and even then it still gets picked up often) or bring an extra.

Opposing RBs can avg 5ypc straight up the gut. Our run d is terrible and gets gassed at half... Hire Jim Wendler for s&c... Fuck it.

I think Josh Thompson is good. I think Jamison could be good. But shit, they have to cover all damn day, so I can't tell. Foster was better 2 years ago (poor coaching?)

LBs (except 0) are slooooow...

WRs (except Worthy) don't catch well. Even Whittington double catches a lot of balls...when he's available. Moore and Washington? Seem like they could get better... Catch the fucking ball.  Put in Kai Money. Damn.

But again... Show me just a stalemate at the LOS on either side, And I'll show you a likely positive play... 

Dammit.

Review opponent pass completions to their right in front of Josh Thompson. Then review long bombs. He’s an automatic first down for other teams offense. Or TD. He hits, sometimes big. But huge liability as a DB. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

Review opponent pass completions to their right in front of Josh Thompson. Then review long bombs. He’s an automatic first down for other teams offense. Or TD. He hits, sometimes big. But huge liability as a DB. 

Maybe... But again... When you get no pressure up front, it makes DBs play a different game. It just does. Even NFL DBs play it differently. The timing gets killed and you have no idea what is coming.

It should be 1-2-3 balls out - make a play.

Instead we have... 1-2-3 oh shit I looked 4-5-6... and now I'm in no man's land chasing my guy....

I don't get the All22, so I can't verify, but that's what it feels like from my couch.

I kind of go back to the Tech game last year  to where the culture died or was cemented. It was reported that a player quit and was going to the locker room. That player was in the game the next week and starts currently. I really think the issue is a lack of accountability in the culture. Based on lack of change in the depth chart through 8 weeks, I feel like that culture persists. There is no fear of losing your job in this team and that is on the coaches. 

7 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Jesus F’ing Christ…how the hell did we manage double digit 2nd half leads in three consecutive weeks against ranked opponents?

Early explosive plays and turnovers...are not sustainable ways to wear down an opponent.

We are weak and slow over time and it compounds.

It's going to take 3 or 4 years to permanently fix the problem, but results should start showing in 2.

18 hours ago, Atticus said:

Sark has no problem with the qb running, he just doesn’t scheme it. He’s happy enough for Casey when he runs if it leads to positive things

this kind of response makes you seem dense. Of course he has no problem with a QB scrambling or taking off if there's no good throw, but do you think he would ever call that speed option that Baylor killed us with multiple times?

12 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Early explosive plays and turnovers...are not sustainable ways to wear down an opponent.

We are weak and slow over time and it compounds.

It's going to take 3 or 4 years to permanently fix the problem, but results should start showing in 2.

If the problem is being weak, and we didn't seem weak last year under a different S&C coach, why would that change for the better next year?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

this kind of response makes you seem dense. Of course he has no problem with a QB scrambling or taking off if there's no good throw, but do you think he would ever call that speed option that Baylor killed us with multiple times?

This is what I just said. He's not gonna scheme a run too often. Surprisingly, he's actually called a few option/ZR plays. None were successful.

He's also probably coached a lot of what makes Casey solid out of him. That quick QB dive shit? We aren't seeing that much anymore either.

I understand why he yells at QBs for leaving the pocket, it's usually too early and it eliminates half of the field. Kessler being shorter limited some of his success in the pocket too, Casey is about 2 inches shorter than him. Can you imagine telling Kyler Murray to never leave the pocket?

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Maybe... But again... When you get no pressure up front, it makes DBs play a different game. It just does. Even NFL DBs play it differently. The timing gets killed and you have no idea what is coming.

It should be 1-2-3 balls out - make a play.

Instead we have... 1-2-3 oh shit I looked 4-5-6... and now I'm in no man's land chasing my guy....

I don't get the All22, so I can't verify, but that's what it feels like from my couch.

The QB also has to hold the ball longer for guys to get open when you play tighter, provided one can stay attached. That gives the rush time to get there, and gives Schooler a chance to make his way around the stadium and possibly touch the QB at some point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

A lot of our players suck. True.

I come here to page 3 and find some sort of weird Mythology of Sam. He would have willed two more victories! He would have run for seven yards if there was a hole!

In the desire to shit on every player other than Worthy and Bijan, Thompson has become a target. Fuck off with that.

Casey looks like an old school QB in the pocket. He stands his ground to the last milisecond and throws a dart. His reward is to get smashed to the ground while his receivers drop the pass.

Sam, whom I love, was not as calm in the pocket and did not throw as well as Thompson does. Thompson completes deep passes...well, he puts the ball where it can be caught.

People complained about Colt his first few years. It was stupid then; it's stupid now with Casey.

So, you're saying Casey is as good as Colt?

Nope. I'm saying, like Colt, he's not the problem with our offense. The myth of willing your team to win is absurd. You can't will blockers to block or receivers to catch. You bring your team to victory through talent, execution, and desire. Thompson delivers those. Too many others on his team do not.

If I see Christian Jones just standing around prior to the whistle being blown one more time, I think I'll lose it. As noted earlier, on one play he was standing with his back to the play and the runner crashed into his lazy, stupid, huge back. The fucker should have been hunting for a block or at least getting the fuck out of the way.

If Jones is the best we have for left tackle then the OL cupboard isn't just bare; it's been burned down. I don't care about their ratings out of high school.

Go back and check out some of those games in 2018/2019. Sam's legs were a big reason we kept drives alive. Every single gotta have it drive that we had success with, involved Sam running for major chunks of it or converting key 3rd downs. 

Casey has opportunities to run for at least 8 yards and chooses to throw the ball downfield against a covered receiver instead. Now, we are behind the chains because of a bad decision. 

Sam made bad decisions very often, but he made better decisions in 2018/2019 more consistently than Casey has this year. He looked like he was doing a Sam impression against Arky, but it may have been coached out of him since then.

Edited by Atticus

8 hours ago, realgreggym said:

This thread is why as painful as it may be, we need to give coaches a little time to get some of their players here. When that happens and if the results don't change, then there is a problem.

Bwhahjja.  How many times have we heard this exact phrase this decade?!    Spoiler alert. Nothing changes.

I’m sorry. We have enough talent to beat Baylor, Arkie , and okie state.  

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

If the problem is being weak, and we didn't seem weak last year under a different S&C coach, why would that change for the better next year?

Different players last year... Should be different players next year. 

I don't know if the SC coaching is good or not. We may just not have the guys that are football strong. (Looks like it.)

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Well in that idiot’s mind, you can make players either a safety or DE. It’s pretty simple. 

Overshown is a great athlete that is an average P5 football player. He has no business starting at linebacker for Texas. He might have 2-3 eye raising plays per game, but you know those plays where we are getting gashed?  Yeah, that’s because he and his counterpart Brock are simply not good players. Oh, and our defensive line is about the worst I’ve ever seen it. 

Scipio thinks they are the most talented part of our team and we are using them incorrectly lol. I’m betting we could have hired our boy golf to coach rb’s, scipio as DC, Burt as QB/OL coach, and CTJ to teach pure speed. Then we save millions and we are probably 7-1. Or we could all realize that herman was a fucking meathead who didn’t understand how to recruit to your scheme so our roster is a jumbled mess of athletes that aren’t built similar. Bijan is our best player and he’s not zeke. He isn’t at his best wearing down defenses like Benson (rip bro) use to do for us. Our best player didn’t even fit the offense we recruited him to lol. Our OL is a joke and our receivers are all big 10 models. No speed and no separation. It’s a fucking mess. Herman would be 2-6 right now. I almost guarantee it. 

Just now, ONE YARD said:

Bwhahjja.  How many times have we heard this exact phrase this decade?!    Spoiler alert. Nothing changes.

I’m sorry. We have enough talent to beat Baylor, Arkie , and okie state.  

On OL, we do not. I've been saying it since the 1st half of game 1.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

A lot of our players suck. True.

I come here to page 3 and find some sort of weird Mythology of Sam. He would have willed two more victories! He would have run for seven yards if there was a hole!

In the desire to shit on every player other than Worthy and Bijan, Thompson has become a target. Fuck off with that.

Casey looks like an old school QB in the pocket. He stands his ground to the last milisecond and throws a dart. His reward is to get smashed to the ground while his receivers drop the pass.

Sam, whom I love, was not as calm in the pocket and did not throw as well as Thompson does. Thompson completes deep passes...well, he puts the ball where it can be caught.

People complained about Colt his first few years. It was stupid then; it's stupid now with Casey.

So, you're saying Casey is as good as Colt?

Nope. I'm saying, like Colt, he's not the problem with our offense. The myth of willing your team to win is absurd. You can't will blockers to block or receivers to catch. You bring your team to victory through talent, execution, and desire. Thompson delivers those. Too many others on his team do not.

If I see Christian Jones just standing around prior to the whistle being blown one more time, I think I'll lose it. As noted earlier, on one play he was standing with his back to the play and the runner crashed into his lazy, stupid, huge back. The fucker should have been hunting for a block or at least getting the fuck out of the way.

If Jones is the best we have for left tackle then the OL cupboard isn't just bare; it's been burned down. I don't care about their ratings out of high school.

I had to stop paying attention to Christian Jones... He made my pulse increase out of anger. I found myself hoping he would get his ass kicked and just quit, instead of just missing the block totally when he doesnt get his hands fully into a defender. Now I watch Jake Majors. He doesnt suck. He gets beat, but he battles. Jake can stay.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The QB also has to hold the ball longer for guys to get open when you play tighter, provided one can stay attached. That gives the rush time to get there, and gives Schooler a chance to make his way around the stadium and possibly touch the QB at some point.

So... Complimentary football. Yes.

Schooler to LB. 

20 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Sam made bad decisions very often, but he made better decisions in 2018/2019 more consistently than Casey has this year. He looked like he was doing a Sam impression against Arky, but it may have been coached out of him since then.

So, Casey in his first year starting should be compared to Sam in his last years starting? 

I'm not interested enough to argue this hypothetical any further. I just don't think harsh criticism of Thompson is at all justified. I'm a football idiot; maybe I'm wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Snacks said:

On OL, we do not. I've been saying it since the 1st half of game 1.

3 minutes ago, Snacks said:

I had to stop paying attention to Christian Jones... He made my pulse increase out of anger. I found myself hoping he would get his ass kicked and just quit, instead of just missing the block totally when he doesnt get his hands fully into a defender. Now I watch Jake Majors. He doesnt suck. He gets beat, but he battles. Jake can stay.

Flood needs to use the Oprah recruiting sales pitch. "You get a starting job, you get a starting job, everybody gets a starting job!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So, Casey in his first year starting should be compared to Sam in his last years starting? 
I'm not interested enough to argue this hypothetical any further. I just don't think harsh criticism of Thompson is at all justified. I'm a football idiot; maybe I'm wrong.

2018 was Sam’s second year as a starter. He split 2017 as a true freshman with Shane.

Casey is 23 years old and had Sam to learn from.
He’s around the game as much as anyone can be. The light flickered early, but he’s hit a wall.

10 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You’re an idiot. 

*your an idoit

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Well in that idiot’s mind, you can make players either a safety or DE. It’s pretty simple. 

Overshown is a great athlete that is an average P5 football player. He has no business starting at linebacker for Texas. He might have 2-3 eye raising plays per game, but you know those plays where we are getting gashed?  Yeah, that’s because he and his counterpart Brock are simply not good players. Oh, and our defensive line is about the worst I’ve ever seen it. 

Well, when you have a guy who's 6'4", you could do that. Overshown can make plays at safety at 215-220. Or you could but 40 pounds of muscle on him and make him a DE. We spun two RBs down to DT and they wound up in the NFL. Yes, they were bigger when they started the spin-down, but they ended up bigger than Overshown would need to be at DE.

Overshown arrived on campus at 6'4, 217.

I'll give you three guesses to name me a guy who came to Texas at 6'3", 218.

When you arrive at the right answer, you will once more reveal yourself to be the angry moron that you are. 

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I would say no. Casey has 4-5 years in the program and Sam was straight out of HS. That team was actually a bigger disaster on offense (you suck for making me think about that season). I am not sure Sam would have won more. He was the king of Backyard football and that isn’t what Sark does.  I don’t necessarily think Casey is the problem. I do think he is a limited QB. His lack of arm strength is readily apparent. That means he needs elite accuracy and anticipation. He doesn’t have either. He isn’t close to the biggest problem on the offense, but he does limit it’s upside 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2

It is a mystery to me why the kids that come to Texas to play football are such weak pussies. Bijan, Worthy, Roschon, and a handful of others on this team are men, the rest are all pussies. They are some of the most talented kids in the NCAA. But what they are not is real men. They are pussies with no pride in themselves. If they were men, it would not matter what our record was, it would not matter what the score in a game was, they would keep fighting. This group gives up. They are an embarrassment to themselves, their families, and the school. You don't have to win to be a man, but you do have to keep fighting.

Can you imagine any circumstance where Roschon Johnson quits fighting and just gives up like a pussy? It's not happening, and no matter how few games Texas wins while he is here, he can go the rest of his life knowing he gave it 100%. That is something to be proud of. It must drive a kid like him crazy to be on a team with a bunch of entitled pussies who don't care as much about winning as he does.

If you want to tell me these are 18 - 22-year-old student athletes, let me tell you in advance to fuck off. You think Jimmy Johnson would put up with this crap? No. Because he is a winner. Multiple players would be benched. They would be running laps. If they wanted to quit, fine get the fuck out. It would be better to play walk-on guys that want to be here. Punish these fuckers. 

The only mystery here is why pussies don't go to Baylor or Oklahoma? Men go there to play. I can't answer that one. It could be you Liberal Hippie crotch sniffers that infest everything Longhorn. Maybe it's the LHN. It fascinates me how this team recruits weak individuals year after year. They even look physically different than the players on real football teams. It's weird. But there is no disputing that the team is full of weak individuals. This program even brings in pussy coaches. Mack brown telling the kids there will be Mac-And-Cheese for lunch. I may have missed it, but I don't think I have seen Saban do that. Sarkesian playing an inspirational movie for the guys? I hope that one is not true. If it is, then Sark is done, he doesn't have a clue. Why does OU get Bob Stoops and we get Mack Brown? The whole organization is weak. It's an embarrassment. Fuck everyone associated with it, and any of you that tolerates it. 

• Fuck You 4

You're not wrong.  

The entire program, all of it, is soft and fruity.  They concern themselves with soft and fruity things and, therefore, get soft and fruity results.

Most of these dudes are just fine w/losing.  It bothers them some, but most have other much more"important" things to busy themselves with.  It ain't changing either.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Loather said:

It is a mystery to me why the kids that come to Texas to play football are such weak pussies. Bijan, Worthy, Roschon, and a handful of others on this team are men, the rest are all pussies. They are some of the most talented kids in the NCAA. But what they are not is real men. They are pussies with no pride in themselves. If they were men, it would not matter what our record was, it would not matter what the score in a game was, they would keep fighting. This group gives up. They are an embarrassment to themselves, their families, and the school. You don't have to win to be a man, but you do have to keep fighting.

Can you imagine any circumstance where Roschon Johnson quits fighting and just gives up like a pussy? It's not happening, and no matter how few games Texas wins while he is here, he can go the rest of his life knowing he gave it 100%. That is something to be proud of. It must drive a kid like him crazy to be on a team with a bunch of entitled pussies who don't care as much about winning as he does.

If you want to tell me these are 18 - 22-year-old student athletes, let me tell you in advance to fuck off. You think Jimmy Johnson would put up with this crap? No. Because he is a winner. Multiple players would be benched. They would be running laps. If they wanted to quit, fine get the fuck out. It would be better to play walk-on guys that want to be here. Punish these fuckers. 

The only mystery here is why pussies don't go to Baylor or Oklahoma? Men go there to play. I can't answer that one. It could be you Liberal Hippie crotch sniffers that infest everything Longhorn. Maybe it's the LHN. It fascinates me how this team recruits weak individuals year after year. They even look physically different than the players on real football teams. It's weird. But there is no disputing that the team is full of weak individuals. This program even brings in pussy coaches. Mack brown telling the kids there will be Mac-And-Cheese for lunch. I may have missed it, but I don't think I have seen Saban do that. Sarkesian playing an inspirational movie for the guys? I hope that one is not true. If it is, then Sark is done, he doesn't have a clue. Why does OU get Bob Stoops and we get Mack Brown? The whole organization is weak. It's an embarrassment. Fuck everyone associated with it, and any of you that tolerates it. 

Liberal Hippie crotch sniffers?  Well this should be fun.

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

*your an idoit

Well, when you have a guy who's 6'4", you could do that. Overshown can make plays at safety at 215-220. Or you could but 40 pounds of muscle on him and make him a DE. We spun two RBs down to DT and they wound up in the NFL. Yes, they were bigger when they started the spin-down, but they ended up bigger than Overshown would need to be at DE.

Overshown arrived on campus at 6'4, 217.

I'll give you three guesses to name me a guy who came to Texas at 6'3", 218.

When you arrive at the right answer, you will once more reveal yourself to be the angry moron that you are. 

Since @Dr. Beeper / Rex doesn't seem too eager to answer that question, I'll answer it for him: 

See the source image

1 hour ago, Loather said:

Or maybe the racist bmds that screw everything up. Hell, you conservatives can’t accept the results of a freaking election. If that isn’t a loser mentality I don’t know what is. Take the loss.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

We should recruit the fuck out of the Golden Triangle. Nobody emerges from that scene a pussy. 

James Brown

Roschon 

Earl Thomas

Jamaal

Shane Dronett

Just off the top of my head. 

Also south Texas with guys like Jim Acker and Steve McMichael.