Players on this team who should NEVER be starting:

GreenspointTexas

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Outside of bijan and Xavier I’m not sure who starts for a team like ou.  That being said this is on sark too.  You saw this ol and thought “nah were good.  No need to portal”

lets be real you would still be angry because they did a lot of portaling at DE/OLB and yet it still a huge weakness

40 minutes ago, victory88 said:

All of them except Xavier Worthy and Bijan. The rest of these players would not have a scholarship at UGA, Bama, tOSU.  This is where we are as a program.  A 2 win baylor team from last year is taking us to the woodshed.  The baylor players are better.

Wasn't their a rumor before the season that our coaches said basically they no one on this roster would make Bama's two deep? Apparently they were correct. 

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Casey Thompson is solid at times, but you can’t rely on this guy for shit. You need to know what you’re gonna get from your qb.

His running threat would help Bijan more if he would punish them effectively

He's not a winner.

It's cliché and hokey, but the leader of a team needs to inspire his guys and Thompson does none of that and maybe even the opposite. There is no one who thinks, "Casey's got this." I don't see an offense that looks like it is ready to go to war for its QB. That OL is uninspired. I don't think he's a cancer or the guys dislike him, but it's damned obvious he doesn't fire them up or make them believe.

The downgrade at QB from Sam to Casey is fucking huge. Some here talk up passing stats and they're whistling past the graveyard. He does just enough to be safe (which keeps stats good, and I don't think that's WHY he plays the way he does).

Fuck stats. People need to shut up about his god damned stats. He's 3-3.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

It’s not huge. Neither QB was that great. Sam was better with experience but they’re not far off now. I agree with the sentiment about Casey, but Sam’s leadership didn’t do a great deal for us. 

Sam’s leadership was the only reason we won 10 games and beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. He damn near willed 2 of those TDs on his own

Just now, MaybeACoordinator said:

How many crucial passes did our WRs drop today? It's not all on Casey.

It's not all on Casey for sure.  I think if Washington comes down with that ball, we probably tie it.

Casey isn't a good QB...even the commentators were mentioning his poor footwork

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

... but Sam’s leadership didn’t do a great deal for us. 

He carried the team on his back to a Sugar Bowl win. I'm not sitting here arguing that Sam Ehlinger was amazing, just that he gave a shit about winning and that rubbed off on his teammates from time to time.

There is absolutely no reason to start Casey Thompson. He's a 4th-year guy. The cake is baked.

50 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

If you didn't start with Brewer, you're doing it wrong.

The lack of usage of Wiley blows my fucking mind. Maybe he can't catch a damned thing in practice but he seems to be reliable in actual games / scrimmages that fans and writers have access to. Dude is the single biggest mismatch we can create on the field next to only Worthy's raw speed and he is MIA every red zone trip. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Sam’s leadership was the only reason we won 10 games and beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. He damn near willed 2 of those TDs on his own

He probably would have beat OU in regulation if Herman didn’t go for OT.  I was done with Herman after he denied Sam the chance to go for the win after he so rightfully earned it

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Atticus said:

Missing those passes shouldn’t cripple the offense though. He has to pick his spots better

Well yeah he drives me nuts when he has first-down-plus ahead of him and instead tucking and running he rolls the dice on our shitty receivers. And some of those drops were drivekillers and even game-changers.

Sark's anti-runinng QB doctrine might be to blame and if he's not willing to change that just because it's not part of his precious offensive philosophy, I take back all the nice things I've said about him and I say fire him at the end of this year. No coach should lock in on "their offense" if the tools you have on don't work on it. You can't build a cathedral out of cinder blocks, or public toilets out of pink granite. You work with what you have, and I am far from convinced Sark is doing that. Few do -- they just keep trying to cram square pegs in to round holes until their seat gets hot. 

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

He carried the team on his back to a Sugar Bowl win. I'm not sitting here arguing that Sam Ehlinger was amazing, just that he gave a shit about winning and that rubbed off on his teammates from time to time.

There is absolutely no reason to start Casey Thompson. He's a 4th-year guy. The cake is baked.

The reason is, starting Card would lead to hideous blowouts. He's nowhere near as savvy or athletic as Casey, which is not to say Casey is a Brady/VY hybrid. He would be a decent QB on a good team whose coaches built to his strengths.

15 minutes ago, Atticus said:

With the benefit of hindsight, I really do believe that Georgia just didn’t give a shit about that game now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Yet there were several moments where Casey could’ve run for a first down but chose not to

There’s no way Sark prefers Casey to throw the ball across his body to a covered receiver downfield instead of getting positive yardage to set up a more manageable down and distance
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

How many crucial passes did our WRs drop today? It's not all on Casey.

The last pass to Washington was a first down if Casey just runs the fucking ball

Casey always tries to make the big play instead of taking what’s there. It’s why he initially lost the QB competition and why he sort of sucks. He’d be decent if he made better decisions instead of going for the big play every play 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

He's not a winner.

It's cliché and hokey, but the leader of a team needs to inspire his guys and Thompson does none of that and maybe even the opposite. There is no one who thinks, "Casey's got this." I don't see an offense that looks like it is ready to go to war for its QB. That OL is uninspired. I don't think he's a cancer or the guys dislike him, but it's damned obvious he doesn't fire them up or make them believe.

The downgrade at QB from Sam to Casey is fucking huge. Some here talk up passing stats and they're whistling past the graveyard. He does just enough to be safe (which keeps stats good, and I don't think that's WHY he plays the way he does).

Fuck stats. People need to shut up about his god damned stats. He's 3-3.

Regrettably, you are correct, sir. Casey is average. Overall, the whole squad is average, with obvious bright spots in Dijon and X. Still, average talent shouldn't be embarrassing itself like this, should it? Yeah, yeah--Parcels, I know. Still . . .

• Hook 'Em 1