Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Just now, UDontKnow said:

Meh. This is the most important "Latrell": https://247sports.com/player/latrell-neville-46054704/

and this is the most important Latrell's even more important cousin: https://247sports.com/Player/Tony-Grimes-46048912/

I think Texas can land them both.

Grimes currently leaning aTm of the Texas schools, allegedly. 

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah most likely. He and his dad did a nice job of burning his bridges with UT on the way to Tuscaloosa.

Agreed.  In the end, I doubt TH would hold them accountable for all the negative comments.  I certainly would.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Grimes currently leaning aTm of the Texas schools, allegedly. 

He's been to Aggy A LOT over the past year. Twice for Ringo-like weeks, I believe. We've seen how that works out, but here's the real kicker -- Grimes is also trained/coached/attached to Ro Simon despite living 1400 miles from Houston. So ... 

10 minutes ago, golfclap said:

He's been to Aggy A LOT over the past year. Twice for Ringo-like weeks, I believe. We've seen how that works out, but here's the real kicker -- Grimes is also trained/coached/attached to Ro Simon despite living 1400 miles from Houston. So ... 

Didn't Ro Simon make it to Austin last month? Or should we continue to assume that he remains anti-Texas?

7 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Can't blame him about the schools, but I think he's enjoying the recruiting process. He's basically making sure that he puts every crazy fanbase rivalry in there. I would have to think LSU and Georgia would be more likely than Auburn or the Florida schools, but Auburn and the Florida schools will add more chaos. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If he's committing in the fall like Perroni says then it's probably aggy.  Visited them several times over the summer.  Need to get him in for a few games.

One if not both parents are aggie. Wells pumps sunshine and lives in east TX, if he is saying we have work to do it means we're not getting him.

Edited by Goodman

25 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Last impact Texarkana player was Vasher, correct?

Had a white LB was on the team about the time Mallet was going through. I know he was on the team for about 4 years. 

But the fact i dont remember his name says it all

Edited by NorLa Horns
I was at the game when he got his Army AA jersey. So he was supposed to be good

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

2017 LE kid who didnt qualify woulda been nice. 

lagaryonn carson.  goddamn.  brief googling shows he went to coahoma cc, but on their website he doesn’t show up on any roster for 2017 or 2018.  his twitter has no activity since jan 2018.  wonder how the hell he is and what he’s doing.  he had 5-star talent...

• Like 1