Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

26 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Interesting.  The host was a coach at WVU a few years ago.

Daron K. Roberts is the founding director of the Center for Sports Leadership & Innovation (CSLi) at the University of Texas. He spent seven years as an NFL and college football coach after graduating from Harvard Law School.

He has been featured in ESPN the Magazine, Bloomberg Businessweek and Sports Illustrated. A lecturer at the University of Texas, Roberts focuses on issues of governance and innovation in the sports arena. He teaches two upper-division honors courses – Leadership Strategy in Sports and Disruptive Innovation in Sports.

He also developed a course – A Gameplan for Winning at Life – that is taught to all incoming freshmen student-athletes at the University of Texas. During the course of each academic year, Roberts teaches over 300 students.
Roberts is a contributor to Forbes.com, and his articles have appeared in The Dallas Morning News, Fortune, Houston Chronicle, Texas CEO Magazine and Time.

In the fall before his third year at Harvard Law School, Roberts decided to pursue a career in football coaching and wrote letters to college and professional football teams. The Kansas City Chiefs offered Roberts a training camp internship. He leveraged that unpaid position into an assistant coach position. From Kansas City, Roberts went on to coach with the Detroit Lions, West Virginia Mountaineers and Cleveland Browns.

22 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Interesting.  The host was a coach at WVU a few years ago.

LHN has done a recent video segment about Daron Roberts class that he teaches at UT that mixes athletes with students who are not athletes...

I think one of its goals is for students to diversify their social group.

Can't find it or I would add the video from LHN.

57 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Jesus fuck Wednesday is my birthday, I'll be returning from the nightmare that is summer in Jacksonville, life is looking frighteningly good.

Happy birthday us, dude. You, me, Harry Potter, and a guy I knew back during my time on the 40 who I used to take turns with sneaking flasks into Memorial and the Drum -- he wasn't a baseball fan, so I had to bring my own to the Disch. CSB.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Happy birthday us, dude. You, me, Harry Potter, and a guy I knew back during my time on the 40 who I used to take turns with sneaking flasks into Memorial and the Drum -- he wasn't a baseball fan, so I had to bring my own to the Disch. CSB.

Ha. Titus, Rudyard Kipling, Jack Lord, Sandy Koufax, Jeff Lynne, Tiger Woods, Lebron James and I all fart in your birthday’s general direction 

Just now, mr. sunshine said:

Ha. Titus, Rudyard Kipling, Jack Lord, Sandy Koufax, Jeff Lynne, Tiger Woods, Lebron James and I all fart in your birthday’s general direction 

I don't recall any of those dudes either killing Voldemort, or getting drunk with me while watching Longhorns football. I win.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Bowman is listed as either a WR or cornerback on his 247 page, depending where you look. I think Texas is just recruiting him as a pure ATH.

He's a stud.

His wallet says BAMF on it. Anyone who thought Milroe was a bad take over Stone will soon be changing their opinion after all of this recruiting. 

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Anybody know if we're recruiting this kid? He's the #2 TE in the country according to 247 but I haven't heard about any contact from us. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Dametrious-Crownover-46079297/

Any time Roach has written about him he's said "Texas is still evaluating" which usually means there's some sort of holdup.