Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Blind optimism. Is this what the last 6 months has reduced you to, Fud? It’s a disturbing look. 

I mean, in the past four classes they've landed Christian Jones, Isaiah Hookfin, Andrej Karic, and now Max Merril, each of whom to the average Texas recruiting follower was mostly either unknown or under-recruited heading into their senior season 

Edited by Fud
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

I mean, in the past four classes they've landed Christian Jones, Isaiah Hookfin, Andrej Karic, and now Max Merril, each of whom to the average Texas recruiting follower was mostly either unknown or under-recruited heading into their senior season 

Edit: maybe not Karic, but my point still stands 

5 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Given CTJ's return, it appears we're all reverting to our historical roles. So I guess this is as good a place as any to announce that I was today years old when I learned from college gameday that Omari Hardwick and Common are different people. 

Does this mean we all have to neg Carl to Bolivia?

Why in the fuck is Ingram even in the game after the long catch and run when he’s obviously exhausted? Why were we running hurry up deep in TCU territory against a tired D with less than 3m left? Why not run Sam down by the GL? Not to mention all the other fuck ups throughout the game - penalties, dropped passes, missed tackles. It’s the same shit and it’s all Herman . I’m so fucking tired of watching bad Texas football. Fuck 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, elguapo said:

Why in the fuck is Ingram even in the game after the long catch and run when he’s obviously exhausted? Why were we running hurry up deep in TCU territory against a tired D with less than 3m left? Why not run Sam down by the GL? Not to mention all the other fuck ups throughout the game - penalties, dropped passes, missed tackles. It’s the same shit and it’s all Herman . I’m so fucking tired of watching bad Texas football. Fuck 

24 seconds left on the play clock. Why not milk the clock and QB power with Sam...he wouldn’t stretch the fucking ball out

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

24 seconds left on the play clock. Why not milk the clock and QB power with Sam...he wouldn’t stretch the fucking ball out

I was yelling at the TV to milk the fucking clock and we’re running hurry up and giving the ball to our turnover prone RB with nothing in the tank. This is just basic football shit that Herman blows.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Because we have an inexperienced head coach that we hired from a shitty G5 program that is completely outclassed in this sub par league.  He's a worse coach than Riley, Patterson, Campbell, and Gundy. 

We're a miracle onside kick away from being 0-2 in the Big 12 and we are staring at another loss next week against ou.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

The coaching is abysmal, yes.  However, I firmly believe there's some glaring talent blindness going on.  The majority of the players on the field aren't the biggest, strongest, or fastest on the field yet Herman keeps coaching like he believes it.

No one in the country would trade our roster for TCUs. Year after year, our talent/experience is undermined by coaching. Yurcich is just the latest in a long line of Texas offensive coordinators to get shut down by Patterson.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hornfromdallas said:

please stop recruiting defensive players from texas no one in the starting 11 should be from the state of texas unless its a top 10 prospect

texas/california players have become soft thanks to 7 on 7

the recruits should come from fl/la/ga or the midwest 

This is stupid. Guys like Ossai and Coburn were making plays all over the field, and Georgia puts out more overrated players per capita than any state in the country. Our team is poorly coached and has been for years. That’s all it is. Doesn’t matter where our players come from. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

please stop recruiting defensive players from texas no one in the starting 11 should be from the state of texas unless its a top 10 prospect

Here’s the old Carl we know and love

6 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

And, yet, TCU finds a way to field a competent defense.

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter
  • Hook 'Em 3

Eric Nahlin: Stand by them for a couple more weeks

Countering @Toadvine ’s emotions, I recommend standing by the squad. The game was a total wreck but I actually think they played better than the week before. I’m not Mr. Positive Reinforcement, but I’d give them another week. Bump it next Saturday, I don’t care.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

This class will end up with a composite average about what the transition class was.  87-88 range.

Hopefully we get the new coach bump for 22 and the new staff can keep Ewers in the fold...god damn I would not want to be a beer in my house tonight. FUCK

• Rage+1 1

46 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

This. Was absolutely livid when I saw them in hurry up when their offense had been dicking us down all day. It shouldn't be that complicated. Ingram obviously fucked up though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, elguapo said:

We are a miracle comeback from being 0-2, OU will beat us next week, and we have at least 1 or 2 more losses in us after that. I think Herman is toast.

Eh, they didnt look good either. I could see us winning that one and us having a completely meaningless B12 championship matchup later. The B12 is absolutely irrelevant this year with our loss.

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

This. Was absolutely livid when I saw them in hurry up when their offense had been dicking us down all day. It shouldn't be that complicated. Ingram obviously fucked up though.

The real problem isn't that he made the wrong call. It's the fact that it was so painfully obvious he was making the wrong call. I'm sure he'll give a dickish response about why he thought it was the right call, but all he needs to say is that he couldn't see it very well because his colon was in the way.

Edited by IDIOTsavant

I don't think the buyout is very high, relatively speaking.

The university faces a $180m deficit due to covid. It’s going to be very difficult to find a donor who will pay $30m+ (including assistants, etc) while ignoring the rest of the university. I said it in another thread, but Urban Meyer could win 9-10 with these coordinators and players. Unfortunately it looks like Herman is missing something to be competent. Maybe just experience. Who knows.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Herman will piddle fuck his way to a 7-3 record by some miracle and win a meaningless bowl game and we get another year of mediocrity to follow. I mean it’s been 11 fucking years at this point...never thought I’d go full satya but I think I get it now 

Just now, westexhorn said:

Fuck tight margin coaches, I want wide margin coaches (winning margin of course)

Probably never going to happen with Herman. Time and time again, we've seen this team revert to insipid playcalling with a lead. And of course, the constant unforced errors with penalties and turnovers.