Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

32 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

McCutchin fucking sucks. He's an ok talent with a diva's way outsized ego and sense of talent. I'm thrilled he isn't in our class, and I'm thrilled he's at OU.

As for Mukuba, if the guy is looking at draft performance and development, it's hard to blame him or anyone else who puts Texas behind the 8-ball for elite programs. I've got no ill-will at all towards his decision. Now, fuckfaces like Garrett Wilson that shit on everyone on their way out the door can get all kinds of fucked. But that isn't Mukuba.

This,  you choose between a Ferrari, or a certified pre-owned Buick  

29 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

It seems like Mukuba never wanted to go to Texas. He and McCutchin seem to be sour on Texas. I would think McCutchin is in his hear about not going to Texas.

Don't be fooled by their friendly banter on twitter - McCutchin has no sway or influence at all on Mukuba. None. If anything his tired act would help Texas, if it had any influence. Mukuba is down to Texas and Clemson and he is the ONLY S target that Clemson has pursued at all in the 2021 class. That tells you what kind of talent he is and what kind of priority he is for Clemson. I can't blame him a single bit. He's a guy that has got clear NFL potential, they are a fucking NFL factory, a winning machine, and have made him the only recruit at the position. 

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

McCutchin fucking sucks. He's an ok talent with a diva's way outsized ego and sense of talent. I'm thrilled he isn't in our class, and I'm thrilled he's at OU.

As for Mukuba, if the guy is looking at draft performance and development, it's hard to blame him or anyone else who puts Texas behind the 8-ball for elite programs. I've got no ill-will at all towards his decision. Now, fuckfaces like Garrett Wilson that shit on everyone on their way out the door can get all kinds of fucked. But that isn't Mukuba.

All of this. Every bit. 

15 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

He must mean the ones to Texas or OUsux

Well, he did UOV Norman and pick up an offer only to leave them off his top 12 just 2 weeks later. A top 12 that included schools like Arky, Michigan State, UCLA, and Mizzou. Basically ghosted their staff and players, so I imagine that RJ CB seems pretty damn funny.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

It seems like Mukuba never wanted to go to Texas. He and McCutchin seem to be sour on Texas. I would think McCutchin is in his hear about not going to Texas.

I think Mukuba just is/was in love with Clemson, despite never visiting 

3 hours ago, Fud said:

It'll be interesting to see if we take another DB in 2021, or pass so we can take six in the promising 2022 class 

Looking at year by year future depth chart, we don't need a 5th DB in this class to help out in 2022 unless more than one of the 2019 guys leaves early (I'd expect Adimora to, but if he doesn't, then great)- Watson, Crawford, Alford, Thompson, Owens(?), Bowman, Barron, and maybe Caldwell/Coffey/Ibra/Jamier probably gets the job done for the 2022 season

Let’s not pass on a decent player in 2021 because we think we can just pencil in a bunch of names for 2022. We’ve been down this road already and it’s not very fun. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Don’t want to venture to the football board and didn’t want to bump the Bijan thread because it may cause an aneurysm 

That’s fucking stupid. Beg for content on the bijan thread if you don’t want to venture into the trash heap that is the football board. Don’t muck up the 21 recruiting thread with your panhandling for updates on current players that you’re too cheap to pay for.
  • Fuck You 13

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Oh give me a fucking break, there’s like twelve pages of cheese puns on this thread. At least this was Texas related and placed on the most read thread on the recruiting board for everyone to see without having to venture into the football board. There’s constantly current player info shared on this thread, when Anthony Cook hit the portal, I sure as hell didn’t see the Cook thread get bumped.

I share shit from 247 and TFB constantly for y’all, so eat my fucking balls asking for one piece of information. Oh the humanity, asking to see if Bijan Robinson has a broken neck. That shit shouldn’t have been behind a paywall in the first place. Fuck off you sanctimonious bitch

Content is king

• Hook 'Em 2

Justin Wells: Top 10 underrated, under-recruited Horns of the 2010s

We take a closer look at the most underrated, under-recruited Longhorns of the last decade.

1. Michael Dickson, P, Pro Kick (Australia)

The man from down under gets the top spot in our rankings. At 6-foot-3, 205 pounds, Dickson attended the Australian Institute of Sport in high school and was a member of the Pro Kick family. The Texas staff got some film of Dickson, and immediately invited him for an official visit in June of 2015. He was offered on the spot and committed six days later. Believe it or not, Texas was the NFL All-Pro's only offer. After garnering the Texas Bowl MVP and winning the Ray Guy Award in 2017, given to the nation's top punter, Dickson left after his junior season and the native of Sydney, Australia was selected by the Seattle Seahawks in the fifth round of the 2018 draft. - JW

2. Poona Ford, DT, Hilton Head (SC)

Too many people, including college coaches, saw a 5-foot-11 defensive tackle prospect and ran away. What Ford possessed was an otherworldly wingspan for a 5-foot-11 human being at nearly 81-inches, and explosive lower body power to go with the motor needed to be a quality DT. Hilton Head head coach B.J. Payne tried his best to convince national powers Ford could play at the highest level, and Charlie Strong was one of the few that listened and shared the same evaluation. Ford was so athletic, explosive and competitive in high school that he had the look of a player that could have been a tremendous fullback in the NFL in the 80’s and 90’s. - GH

3. D’Onta Foreman, RB, Texas City

Armanti was the more heavily recruited of the Foreman brothers, but that was due to academic questions and hurdles. D’Onta Foreman was a dominant player on the field south of Houston as a senior with more than 2,000 yards rushing in what would be a preview of things to come in Austin. In 2016, Foreman joined the list of college running backs to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a single season — and is one of the few to accomplish the feat with under ten Power 5 offers coming out of high school. - GH

4. Connor Williams, OL, Coppell

It might seem that a prospect with 29 offers isn't under-recruited, but the 6-foot-4, 265-pound composite three-star was the 79th ranked offensive tackle nationally, and 739th overall in the C/O 2015. His athleticism was noticed early, as he started as a freshman at a left tackle on his way to freshman All-America honors in 2015. He was a consensus All-American and Outland Trophy semifinalist in his sophomore year, and was selected by the Dallas Cowboys in the 2nd round of the 2018 draft following his junior season. He currently starts at left guard for the Cowboys. - JW

5. Sam Cosmi, OT, Humble Atascocita

Cosmi was underrated when he committed to the Houston Cougars prior to Tom Herman's hire in Austin. Cosmi chose the Cougars over Memphis at the time, and ended up being one of the most underrated players nationally in the 2017 class. His competitive mindset, good feet and body quickness, physicality and 80-inch wingspan have nearly been maximized to become a top three round draft pick in the upcoming NFL Draft. - GH

6. Lil'Jordan Humphrey, ATH/WR, Southlake Carroll

Many wondered, including myself, where Humphrey would play in college and if his playmaking talent could outweigh a negative or two in the equation. With the Longhorns underachieving on the field in recent years, Humphrey’s best offers were arguably Wisconsin and Washington. The lack of an offer from a top 10 program at the time left many wondering just what position Humphrey could play and be successful. Even for those that did offer, the Southlake Carroll jack-of-all-trades ascended past expectations. - GH

7 Charles Omenihu, DE, Rowlett

Omenihu went from a slightly stiff hipped senior to a 275-280-pound Big 12 Defensive Lineman of the Year in Austin. The Longhorns beat out Arizona State for the DFW area prospect with a high ceiling due to a terrific frame and a ridiculous 86-inch wingspan. All that Omenihu needed to do was unlock his vast potential, and understand what he had to do to maximize his potential. - GH

From three-star to starting defensive end for the Houston Texans. Not too bad. - JW

8. Geoff Swaim, TE, Butte College (CA)

The 6-foot-5, 250-pound three-star from Pleasant Valley HS was a standout linebacker his senior year. He then attended Butte College in Oroville, CA, signed with Texas, and enrolled early in 2013. He was a strong presence in the locker room and during his only media availability, once cursed to the reporters. His only offer listed was UT, and in 22 starts out of 26 games, he had 13 receptions for 84 yards and one touchdown. Swaim has turned in a decent professional career. He was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the 7th round of the 2015 draft, and currently plays for the Jacksonville Jaguars. - JW

9. Andrew Beck, TE, Plant (FL)

An Army All-American at linebacker in 2014, the 6-foot-3, 230-pounder moved to tight end in Austin. He held 15 offers, and committed to UT in April of 2013, a day after he named Stanford his leader. A three-star at Plant High School, he was the 66th ranked player in Florida his senior year. Beck brought stability to the tight end position during his time on the Forty Acres. An undrafted rookie free agent, he's since found a home with the Denver Broncos in the NFL. - JW

10 Blake Gideon, S, Leander

The son of a football coach, Gideon started as a true freshman at 6-foot-1, 190 pounds. The three-star held four offers including OU and Texas A&M after recording 300 tackles, 10 INTs, six forced fumbles, seven fumble recoveries, and 14 TDs at Leander. Staying close to home was always the move. The four-time All Big 12 honorable mention safety started all 52 games at UT, then played briefly for the Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals. He's since climbed the coaching ranks and is currently on Lane Kiffin's staff Ole Miss. - JW

• Hook 'Em 1