Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

14 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Bijan would try the same shit .  the left side of the line being absolutely blown up is the story not being talked about

Because it’s not a story when you have one yard to go and the defense is selling out for the run. Moronically putting the ball out there on 1st down for no reason is the story. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Yeah the Shaka extension was oof, but his actual hires have been good.

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Great hires at TCU too

He didn't need to extend Herman when he did. Egregious really.

1 hour ago, hornfromdallas said:

it wasnt oof shaka was legit being courted by major programs 

He wasn't which made it all the more dumb.

8 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Man i am upset but no reason to sit around and keep moping.. fuck it, we  bounce back next week.  take it a week at a time.. defense improved from last week..  We don't lose anyone in this class.

It's not this class I'm worried about. It's next season's class that we have to worry about

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

It's not this class I'm worried about. It's next season's class that we have to worry about

I know people want to fire Tom right now, but I honestly think we just have to roll with him, keep supporting him.  Maybe i'm naive, but I feel that we aren't that far off..  Maybe it's the Crown Vanilla talking but I still believe this team will be in Arlington come December.

Seeing that video of Ingram in pain after the game.. then seeing Bijan taking a knee praying with him..  I dunno, feels like this game is not how this season will play out.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I know people want to fire Tom right now, but I honestly think we just have to roll with him, keep supporting him.  Maybe i'm naive, but I feel that we aren't that far off..  Maybe it's the Crown Vanilla talking but I still believe this team will be in Arlington come December.

Seeing that video of Ingram in pain after the game.. then seeing Bijan taking a knee praying with him..  I dunno, feels like this game is not how this season will play out.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29oxfdpbs1ohs66nwh69

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, squeegeedegg said:

Between the 2017 and 2018 classes... Who has truly elite athletic talent?  Jamison, who gives up size and strength... Then Thompson, who took years to be decent at football, and Gary Johnson

Don't say Eagles 

Huh?

Well 2017 also had Cosmi, who if you’re getting talked about as a potential 1st round LT that’s pretty elite positional athleticism.

Then 2018, Overshown was a 5* certain places on athletic ability alone. Same with Jalen Green (player QB IIRC). Coburn is a great athlete at NT (chased down a couple of sweeps today at 330). Joshua Moore was a track star and Christian Jones was a kid who played soccer at 6’ 6”.

It ain’t talent dude, it’s coaching.

18 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

i luv u bruh u r the best poster on this site

Spoiler

idk y these  people r moping when my woo comes back he will be a matchup nightmare for any team we play he is a game changer 

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

And how many years have you been telling this to yourself? No, your desperately looking for anything to cling to instead of facing the brutal truth that we are ass and and Tom Herman is a fraud and we have wasted another year.

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Honest question, but do we have anyone working with the team on the mental part of the game? We are consistently our own worst enemy. 

Fuck yes we do. His name is turtle tom. He has been teaching these young men how to deal with defeat because the real world is twice as hard. 

Don’t do this to yourself. Herman has shown his true self since his UH days. He can get his team up for a big game but consistently plays down to his competition. It’s been happening for years. He has never manhandled a B12 opponent the way he should, and we’ve had a big enough sample size to know that by now. The best coaches in CFB don’t constantly struggle with middle-of-the-pack (and even bottom-of-the-pack) conference teams year in and year out. We know his true colors.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mason Ramsey said:

Don’t do this to yourself. Herman has shown his true self since his UH days. He can get his team up for a big game but consistently plays down to his competition. It’s been happening for years. He has never manhandled a B12 opponent the way he should, and we’ve had a big enough sample size to know that by now. The best coaches in CFB don’t constantly struggle with middle-of-the-pack (and even bottom-of-the-pack) conference teams year in and year out. We know his true colors.

Maybe tom and the team were looking to next week?  Im so depressed 

• Hook 'Em 1

Meh. Believe that if you want, but I sure don’t. What was the excuse for TTU then? Or Kansas last year? Those two were wins, but still sloppy.

How about losing to TCU last year? Were we looking ahead to K State? The loss to ISU? Looking forward to getting dominated by Baylor? These were all just last year alone...

I try my best to stay positive with this. But where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Tom has shown year after year that this is the case. He showed it at UH before we hired him too. This year isn’t an exception, it’s the normal.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

If they really overlooked a team that's owned them since they joined the conference, one that Del Conte HATES losing to (for obvious reasons), then that may be a bigger indictment on this coaching staff than if they were simply outcoached by one of the best coaches in the state.

1 minute ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Meh. Believe that if you want, but I sure don’t. What was the excuse for TTU then? Or Kansas last year? Those two were wins, but still sloppy.

How about losing to TCU last year? Were we looking ahead to K State? The loss to ISU? Looking forward to getting dominated by Baylor? These were all just last year alone...

I try my best to stay positive with this. But where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Tom has shown year after year that this is the case. He showed it at UH before we hired him too. This year isn’t an exception, it’s the normal.

My point is it would be very Herman for him to overlook an opponent. 

My point is it would be very Herman for him to overlook an opponent. 

Ah I see, you were trying to put a reason to my belief that Tom Herman should be fired. My bad.

But yes, that’s part of it. My point is that whether it’s because we play OU next week or not, he was always going to play down to TCU. Just like he has us playing down to every other shitty team we play.

Steve Wiltfong: The latest on blue-chip OL Bryce Foster

Katy (Texas) Taylor Top247 offensive lineman Bryce Foster continues to take his recruitment slow with a decision date locked in for Dec. 18. “I’m not planning to announce earlier or after that,” Foster stated. LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas and Texas A&M remain the contenders for the No. 4 offensive guard in the 247Sports Composite who will cap his prep career in January at the All-American Bowl. An elite shot put and discus thrower the blue-chipper will also participate in track and field on the next level.

“Me and my dad made this spreadsheet and basically listing all these strengths and stuff like that (the schools have) and preparing you for the next level with throwing and college football and NFL football and academics and my relationships with all of them,” Foster explained. "It’s really weird but I’ve had all five schools at No. 1 at different times. I’ve done that every week, two months ago was the last time I did it.

“The last one I did it was a three-way tie between Oregon, A&M and OU, and then Texas and LSU were three points behind.” Oklahoma is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite. Texas A&M also has a few forecasts. Foster says his mind isn’t made up. “I’m still talking to all the schools and trying to make sure I’m going to make the right decision, that’s why I have the specific date set and by that time I’ll know where I want to go.” Foster says that “LSU, Oklahoma and A&M” are the schools he “probably” talks to the most.

Regarding the Tigers: “Coach (James) Cregg takes pride in the Joe Moore Award (won last year awarded to college football’s best offensive line), he says I can coach you to win the Joe Moore Award and Outland Trophy and help me reach my goals.”

Regarding the Sooners where he's been several times including his last visit before the Covid-19 pandemic: “Those three schools, really all five schools that’s their pitch. I think Oklahoma put more of an emphasis on trying to do the track aspect of it and my long-term goals of getting drafted in the first round and the 2024 Paris Olympics.”

“Regarding the Aggies: “The main thing is the home feeling there. My brother went there, so I’ve always grown up around the team and Texas A&M football and my mom also went there. Really the amount of times I’ve been there is the main thing.”

Foster has a keen eye on the Ducks and Longhorns as well. Regarding Oregon where he visited for Saturday Night Live in the summer of 2019: “I think that their transition from the spread football type stuff they used to have in the past with Chip Kelly, they’re now putting a big emphasis on offensive line. Penei Sewell just won the Outland Trophy as a sophomore, that’s pretty insane. That’s probably the main thing that’s stood out to me and the aggressiveness they’re trying to put into their o-line and they emphasize o-line as a position they need to win.”

Regarding the Longhorns: “I’ve been there quite a lot. They emphasize offensive line is a big need of position to win football games. Coach (Herb) Hand has been recruiting me for three to four years, that’s crazy to think about, he offered me back at Auburn and I have a great relationship with Coach Hand.”

Like so many other prospects, Foster is hoping he’ll be able to take some visits before deciding. “I don’t think we’ll be able to,” he said. “I think I’ll have to go off what I know now.”

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Unfortunately the reality is that we need Herman to right this ship now because otherwise parts of the 2021 and 2022 classes are at risk, which will put the program back another four years. Herman just needs to get his shit together.

For what? Herman pisses away talent with poor coaching and shit game planningwhat Difference does the 2021 and 2022 classes make that the 2018 and 2019 didn’t. All we are doing here is kicking the can down the road

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I guess you can only mix crown vanilla with coke or Diet Coke? That actually sounds terrible but drinking it on the rocks sound even worse

Red snappers were kinda popular when I was in undergrad. Splash in some amaretto and drown it in cranberry juice.

23 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Red River Shootout is going to be a shitshow this year

I assume that was the impetus behind Nahlin's "give the staff one more week before passing judgment" post. blOU is beatable this year, and winning in Dallas could turn things around. But if we lose that game the floodgates will be well and truly open.

5 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Gotta wonder if Herman pulls it off and ou loses 3 straight can the staff flip Clayton Smith 

I wouldnt put fucking anything on Herman.  Bitch ass don't deliver unless he is underdog in a bowl game.  Guess who is the underdog next week.  Not us per the records.

Edited by westexhorn