Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, hornfromdallas said:

who is this bag man you speak of? go on ill wait no its not jay 

the last coach at texas even remotely close to a bag man was charlie strongs db coach & even he stopped using bagman tactics at texas 

who da fook cares about integrity its 2020 go cheer for a pac 12 team if u feel that way 

If Jai Alai is the bagman then why isn't he procuring any OL? 

4 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

then there's Baylor. I'm fine with the first, not so much with the second.

2 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

& thats why texas will never be elite again until this changes 

Just how many of our daughters do you and your gang of rapists need to be able to sexually assault in order for Texas to win football games? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don't create socks. My trolling would have been more creative, if I had been interested. Truth is, I couldn't get interested in the boards. I went on a month-long road trip across the country with my wife and kids (without decapitating an RV), married off my oldest daughter on a different trip to California, helped get two businesses launched, played a bunch of golf, fished a bunch, read a bunch of books, focused on the kids and my day job, and woke up one day and Texas was playing UTEP. That flipped the switch, a little at least, but I couldn't get interested for a good long while. Still haven't watched a single pitch of MLB this year for some reason. 

Anyway, SHAME!!! SHAME!!! Good lord. 

e978fd05-cf51-40a6-87ae-baabf7c531e2_tex

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, hornfromdallas said:

i guarantee you had no problem cheering for the 2005 texas team that had player like Cedric Griffin and Ramonce Taylor commit assault or the other player who committed armed robbery 

The thing you're missing is the rape aspect. No one here is ok with having anything like that anywhere near the team. And rightly so.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Newy25 said:

The pain that I have endured in the last seven years has made me all but abandon all of these moral fire lines that I created about the virtue of Texas football against our peers. Honestly, the pain and misery from watching the end of that TCU game has me *almost* to the point where if you said we were bringing in Art Briles I would even be ok with it.  Yes, I said that out loud. If that makes me a terrible person then so be it.

Narrator: That does make him a terrible person.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

TFB on Watson- Super K

Spoiler

As you know by now, Texas cornerback, Kenyatta Watson has entered the transfer portal.

While some programs take the position that if you enter the portal, there is no coming back. I know that is Lincoln Riley’s policy. Herman has thus far tried to convince players who enter the portal to reconsider.

We saw Anthony Cook, Denzel Okafor, and Juwan Mitchell brought back from the portal.

So, I assumed the staff would pull out all the stops to keep Watson from leaving.

I spoke with a source yesterday who tells me that the staff has decided not to intervene this time. I’m told that if Watson chooses to leave, the staff will wish him well but it doesn’t sound like they will make bold attempts to stop him or convince him otherwise.

So, unless Watson changes his mind or the staff reconsiders their position here, it sounds like this may actually happen.

Not sure if this signals a policy change from Herman regarding players entering the portal. I was told that there were staff members unhappy about Herman’s attempts to bring Anthony Cook back. I think there are some on the staff who believe, like other coaches around the country, that if a player chooses to enter the portal, that should end their time at Texas.

We’ll see if this is indeed a policy change or a one off situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB on Watson- Super K

Hide contents

As you know by now, Texas cornerback, Kenyatta Watson has entered the transfer portal.

While some programs take the position that if you enter the portal, there is no coming back. I know that is Lincoln Riley’s policy. Herman has thus far tried to convince players who enter the portal to reconsider.

We saw Anthony Cook, Denzel Okafor, and Juwan Mitchell brought back from the portal.

So, I assumed the staff would pull out all the stops to keep Watson from leaving.

I spoke with a source yesterday who tells me that the staff has decided not to intervene this time. I’m told that if Watson chooses to leave, the staff will wish him well but it doesn’t sound like they will make bold attempts to stop him or convince him otherwise.

So, unless Watson changes his mind or the staff reconsiders their position here, it sounds like this may actually happen.

Not sure if this signals a policy change from Herman regarding players entering the portal. I was told that there were staff members unhappy about Herman’s attempts to bring Anthony Cook back. I think there are some on the staff who believe, like other coaches around the country, that if a player chooses to enter the portal, that should end their time at Texas.

"I was told that there were staff members unhappy about Herman’s attempts to bring Anthony Cook back. I think there are some on the staff who believe, like other coaches around the country, that if a player chooses to enter the portal, that should end their time at Texas."

So who's unhappy -- Ash??  Valai??

Time to pull this damn team together and WIN !!!

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB on Watson- Super K

Hide contents

Great policy. Fight to bring back locker room malcontents and players who can't crack the 2 deep consistently, but lets let go a potential elite talent with multiple years of eligibility left.

Tom Herman's piss poor fucking judgement strikes again, ladies and gentlemen. This mother fucker would stick his dick in a fucking electric outlet if left to his own devices, which sadly, he has been. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Great policy. Fight to bring back locker room malcontents and players who can't crack the 2 deep consistently, but lets let go a potential elite talent with multiple years of eligibility left.

Tom Herman's piss poor fucking judgement strikes again, ladies and gentlemen. This mother fucker would stick his dick in a fucking electric outlet if left to his own devices, which sadly, he has been. 

acceptance.gif

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You haven't lived until you've stuck your dick in an outlet.  #nokinkshame

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Mr. Mom - 220 GIF - MrMom 220 Volts - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 1

After an additional 30-60 seconds of reflection, and in light of my championing of the Fuck The Brockermeyers movement, and the very specific Blake Brockermeyer Is a Cunt Piece of Shit campaign, I'd like to take a moment to verbalize something most of us all here inherently understand but perhaps needs a bit more clarity and volume to be expressed:

Eat Shit and Die Tom Herman. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2

No shit. Same thing I was thinking. Terrible decision. Not only is Watson really talented, his dad was helping Texas on the recruiting trail. Stupid stupid move.

37 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

If this is true it could be a much bigger problem that the kid leaving. 

If memory serves, Derrian Brown is here because of him, and we were connected with Jahmyr Gibbs and Nyland Green. 
The promise was far greater than the impact. 

If we hadn’t been a shit team, the impact would have been greater.
We don’t know the full story yet, but it’s pretty dumb to let this guy walk when we don’t really have another player with his athletic profile on our roster.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

If we hadn’t been a shit team, the impact would have been greater.
We don’t know the full story yet, but it’s pretty dumb to let this guy walk when we don’t really have another player with his athletic profile on our roster.

Shit reporting by TFB, imo. If Watson was unhappy, do you think it would have only been exposed to the staff when it was reported he was going to the portal? Hell no. They work to keep malcontents out of the portal every damn day and nothing about that strategy will change. 

I have no problem with ceasing those efforts when a player publicly announces their intention to quit the team. Each guy is different, but no player will ever leave without the staff attempting to get him to stay in advance of that announcement. TFB is just click hunting with an irresponsible take. Maybe Gabe was the voice of reason over there (lol, nah).

• Hook 'Em 3