Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

16 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Wait so have our $9.95ers been straight up lying about Regis, or did something drastic change in like the last 48 hours? They've all been saying for months that we were leading.

I think he just doesnt talk to them, so they just guess and wishcast

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Tom Herman Football

That was a great bowl game, if we can just not shit the bed the next season, the sky is the limit

Next season:

giphy.gif

Yeah, seriously. Everything was there for the taking. Aaaaaand we look like it's the first game against Maryland in 2017. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It doesn’t matter if we get him or not. The program is trash. Nothing matters. Everything is fucked.  Good shit no longer happens to Texas football. 

I mean since 2005 has anything truly good ever happened to Texas football? God this season is already a fucking beating

Is Perroni daft?  He looks like a take?  Guys as big as Regis that are also nimble don’t grow on trees.  Nobody knows shit.  Bowman fucked us.  Fuck today.  I’d like to have Urban Meyer, but that’s not gonna happen.  I hope we skullfuck OU this weekend, tape their eyes back on their face after we’re finished, and proceed with an additional skullfucking for the sorry bastards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Is Perroni daft?  He looks like a take?  Guys as big as Regis that are also nimble don’t grow on trees.  Nobody knows shit.  Bowman fucked us.  Fuck today.  I’d like to have Urban Meyer, but that’s not gonna happen.  I hope we skullfuck OU this weekend, tape their eyes back on their face after we’re finished, and proceed with an additional skullfucking for the sorry bastards.

I like your even keeled, reasonable takes.  Francis Dolarhyde would approve.

Haven't seen this yet.... Siap 

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-football-recruiting-Keon-Coleman-offer-152627950/ 

Texas offers four-star receiver Keon Coleman

Texas joined the race Thursday afternoon for Keon Coleman, a big-framed, multi-sport standout who is rated as a four-star receiver on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite and Top247 rankings. The Opelousas (La.) Catholic standout tweeted the news of his offer from the Longhorns just after 2 p.m. CDT Thursday.

"Blessed and honored to say I've 'earned' an offer from the University of Texas," Coleman said. The offer from Texas arrives two days after Coleman decommitted from Kansas. The Jayhawks had originally landed Coleman on the Fourth of July. At the time, Coleman picked Kansas from a group of three finalists that also included Oklahoma and South Carolina.

The 247Sports Composite rates Coleman as a four-star recruit who is ranked No. 259 overall in the country's 2021 class. He is ranked No. 44 nationally among 2021 receiver prospects, as well as No. 9 overall in the state of Louisiana for his class.

The Top247 rankings put Coleman higher at No. 115 overall. That puts him 14th among 2021 receivers and fifth overall in Louisiana's 2021 cycle, one that features a handful of high-profile receiver standouts.

Coleman is a three-sport athlete at the high school level who has gotten offers in basketball. He exploded on the scene as a junior, when he caught 35 passes for a 1,143 yards and 22 touchdowns on a staggering 32.7 yards per catch. In the 6-foot-4, 200-pound range, Coleman has also provided consistent playmaking ability in the secondary.

Texas is the third school to offer Coleman since his decommitment earlier in the week. Coleman has reported USC and TCU offers as well since re-opening his recruitment. The big-framed wideout has gotten more than 40 offers during the process. Auburn, Georgia, Penn State, Texas A&M, and numerous others count themselves among Coleman's offers.

The following is the 247Sports scouting report on Coleman, who is comparable to big-framed wideout and Louisiana native Damonte Coxie at Memphis: "Owns terrific frame for elite wideout prospect. Tall and long with a ton of frame space to add bulk. Dynamic, explosive athlete who competes in football, basketball, and track and field.

"Division I-caliber prospect in football and basketball. Electric leaper. Produces highlight reel dunks on the hardwood and impressive ball-winning plays on the gridiron. Big-play machine who scored 22 TD's on 35 catches and 32.7 yards per catch as a junior. Also dominant at DB with seven INT's. Not only explosive but shows encouraging dexterity as an athlete. Long-striding speed-builder who stretches the field vertically.

"Plays fast enough but can get faster in his long speed. Will face significant jump in competition going from small-school ball to high-major level. Raw technically in footwork and route-running. Basketball nimbleness does not always translate to field. Regardless, elite athlete with very promising overall profile. Power 5-caliber recruit who possesses a high ceiling with long-term potential to reach the NFL Draft."

https://247sports.com/Player/Keon-Coleman-46098454/

Edited by LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well maybe we'll just properly melt down so we can can Tom. Worked for the Texans.

I will never, ever root for us to lose. Especially not to OU. But I will say, if we happen to lose to OU, I will not be as sad this year as I would be in other years. There could POTENTIALLY be positives to come out of it. 

lotta reasons why Bowman decommitted. but other teams are gonna start pushing the "hermans gone" angel. and our boards are all they need as proof. and that combined with that undefeated pussy is why the kid bounced.

absolutely must kick OUsux ass saturday. or the wheels will truly come off this MF

1 minute ago, NorLa Horns said:

lotta reasons why Bowman decommitted. but other teams are gonna start pushing the "hermans gone" angel. and our boards are all they need as proof. and that combined with that undefeated pussy is why the kid bounced.

absolutely must kick OUsux ass saturday. or the wheels will truly come off this MF

Pretty sure he actually thinks he's God, not one of his subordinates.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Well, I guess we need to start lying and just start stating that Urban will be the next HMFIC.

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Hook 'Em 1

From Max Duggan's profile.   One of these is not like the others.

chose TCU over Georgia, Penn State, Notre Dame and Ohio State.

https://gofrogs.com/sports/football/roster/max-duggan/11307

TCU has always had money people, difference is they've started to care about Football in recent years. Ever wonder why fatterson has turned down every offer over the years? Dude lives like a king and is set up for 2-3 very comfy retirements when the time comes..

As for big time recruits choosing a smallish bible college that hasnt won anything significant in recent memory, well..it's not hard to figure out.
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, ousux said:

TCU has always had money people, difference is they've started to care about Football in recent years. Ever wonder why fatterson has turned down every offer over the years? Dude lives like a king and is set up for 2-3 very comfy retirements when the time comes..

As for big time character risks that even the “money schools” didn’t want to shell out for choosing a smallish bible college that hasnt won anything significant in recent memory, well..it's not hard to figure out.

Fify

11 hours ago, tokamak said:

You hate to put too much importance on any one game, but it feels like this thing is really going to spiral the drain quickly if we lose to OU's worst team in a decade on Saturday.

They haven’t started a season 1-2 since ‘97 during their Blake short stint.  

Those fuckers went 3-8 in ‘96 and still fucking beat us.  thats the same year “maybe we beat them by 21” happened, so there’s that.  

11 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Those fuckers went 3-8 in ‘96 and still fucking beat us.  thats the same year “maybe we beat them by 21” happened, so there’s that.  

We had no business losing a game in 1996. Just another in a long list of years now where the coaching failed the talent. 

12 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Also happened in 2016, Houston and tOSU.

11 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Fuck it. We lost to TCU because TH was already prepping for OU. We’ll win this weekend.

This staff does a terrible job game-planning for specific opponents during the course of the week. IT has pointed this out ad nauseum. Every week we waltz onto the field trying to "impose our will" against an opponent that knows our deficiencies and how to exploit them. It's been the case ever since Tom arrived, and it's the reason we start every season looking like we taught/learned nothing during fall practices.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, satyanash said:

This staff does a terrible job game-planning for specific opponents during the course of the week. IT has pointed this out ad nauseum. Every week we waltz onto the field trying to "impose our will" against an opponent that knows our deficiencies and how to exploit them. It's been the case ever since Tom arrived, and it's the reason we start every season looking like we taught/learned nothing during fall practices.

Interesting you’ve gathered that after only week 3 under this staff. Probably right, but it’s still an assumption.

• Hook 'Em 1