Texas' Next WR Coach

Viper

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Seems we're giving the WR coach a lot of guff.

These guys sucked last year too and, even worse, couldn't get open.  At least now they're getting open only to drop balls or cut off routes.

Who knows what damage Meh-ringer wrought.

The most grossly mismanaged position group by Tom and his boys

• Hook 'Em 1

It'll probably still be Coleman, but if not, the names I'd go for are:

Keary Colbert

Holmon Wiggins (maybe he's tired of BoB)

Samples (A+ recruiter but not much WR coaching experience)

Mickey Joseph - short resume (LSU since 2017, tiny schools before that) but impressive. Terry's brother and may be jobless by December.

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

It'll probably still be Coleman, but if not, the names I'd go for are:

Keary Colbert

Holmon Wiggins (maybe he's tired of BoB)

Mickey Joseph - short resume (LSU since 2017, tiny schools before that) but impressive. Terry's brother and may be jobless by December.

So may Terry 

• Haha 1

You thinking this will happen after this season? Sark looked at Coleman and kept his ass already, based on jack shit proof of capability.

He's not firing anyone. This is going to be a "blame the players" year. Next year he will cut some coaches and the year after that Texas is looking for a new HC and the process starts all fucking over again.

That's Longhorn football.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

You thinking this will happen after this season? Sark looked at Coleman and kept his ass already, based on jack shit proof of capability.

He's not firing anyone. This is going to be a "blame the players" year. Next year he will cut some coaches and the year after that Texas is looking for a new HC and the process starts all fucking over again.

That's Longhorn football.

Doesn't have to fire him when his contract expires this year.*  That contract wasn't done by coincidence.  If we can get Samples back, or otherwise upgrade, it's an obvious move.

*Well fuck.  I think it actually expires in 2022.

Edited by Jester

14 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

He's coaching 3 guys right now that might play in the NFL. Danny Gray will 100% land somewhere.

If he gets poached I obviously would like he go to Texas - but I could see him following Sonny if Sonny leaves or sticking around at SMU to try and snag the HC job early. He's already an assistant HC.

Plus, you know, the WR job at Texas isn't available.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He's coaching 3 guys right now that might play in the NFL. Danny Gray will 100% land somewhere.

If he gets poached I obviously would like he go to Texas - but I could see him following Sonny if Sonny leaves or sticking around at SMU to try and snag the HC job early. He's already an assistant HC.

Pretty sure he's their RB coach though, not WRs

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Seems we're giving the WR coach a lot of guff.

These guys sucked last year too and, even worse, couldn't get open.  At least now they're getting open only to drop balls or cut off routes.

Who knows what damage Meh-ringer wrought.

so you're saying the WR coach has failed two years in a row?

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Pretty sure he's their RB coach though, not WRs

You're right -  but guessing he has some input on both. He can probably do either. 

He was working with WRs in 2019.

In his first season on the Hilltop, Samples helped mentor FWAA Second-Team All-American and First-Team All-AAC selection James Proche, who led the nation with 111 receptions. Proche’s 8.5 receptions per game ranked second nationally, while his 15 receiving TDs were fourth. Both his receiving yards (1,225) and receiving yards per game (94.2) ranked in the top 20.

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'd rather have Samples at Texas than A&M.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Blackcat00 said:

Coleman lands Evan Stewart he has to come back for another year.

Majority of this shit is not his fault. Injuries have been brutal. 

He's been on the staff for three years. The WR situation is his fault, period. He's had a major hand in building and coaching the disaster of a WR room we have right now.

• Hook 'Em 1