• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 minutes ago, Player said:

I only watched a a few minutes of the first half. But I saw the tackles and rb whiff on blocks, which resulted in Mond either taking a hard shot or being sacked.

I don’t think he’s going to survive intact next week.

/captainobvious

The Vernon Jackson fumble was enjoyable.  I love that he is sticking with this whole "I'm a tailback" schtick.

I was at the game for, well... reasons. 

NWSt was the worst opponent I have ever seen in person.   I seriously can't put into words how bad they were in all aspects of the game.  After about half way through the 1st quarter there was no longer effort. And the first half of the 1st quarter they were just shooting themselves in the foot.  Any ags squeezing their nutz over that victory is on the front seat of the roller coaster with their hands up.

I think the OLine will be brutal this year and the passing game is likely to be way worse than people think.   If they get down on anyone they are going to have a very rough time coming back from it.  And that could happen a lot.

Sternberger was impressive. 

I don't think the QB battle is over.

On D, that secondary is going to be exposed by any competent talent.    Also of note, is the fact that aggie did not get a single turnover.  NWst should have had several turnovers but I don't recall the aggies even have an opportunity. 

There was just not much that can be taken taken from this game.  It was trash.  Not that I didn't know it would be going in.

I would like to thank the aggy community for their amazing hospitality shown to me last night.

College Station, Texas isn't on many maps, so coming from northern Louisiana, I had to stop and ask directions. My first stop was in Tyler, where I stopped at a used car dealership. Who would have expected that I would have found an eccentric multi-millionaire who sells used cars just for fun. His son played quarterback for A&M, so he knew exactly how to get to College Station and gave me directions. He did get me to College Station, but not to the stadium. His directions were to the College Station jail.

Once I arrived at the College Station jail, the police officers knew exactly how to get to the football stadium. They mentioned they used to go there quite often for business, but since their recent large donation from the university, they now mostly just go there for free bbq.

I finally made it to the middle of the barren prairie where their football stadium is located. I instantly contemplated turning around and heading back to my comparatively opulent Louisiana trailer park.

(to be completed)

• Like 4

After watching the game...

NW State is not good. When you are considered a cupcake in your own FCS conference, then that’s bad. That being said, they sacked Mond 4 times in the first half. That should worry Aggy. I also didn’t remember NW State QBs ever get sacked by Aggy, which should also be concerning. 

NW State was capable of passing all over Aggy when the QB happened to make a good throw or the WR tried to catch it. Neither of those happened that often. Especially considering they started 1 and 15 or 20 every series becsuse of offsides penalties. 

Mond actually looked better than I thought he would. He still didnt have great accuracy on deeper stuff. And when he gets pressure, it’s not good. The jury is still out on the TE. His first TD, no one actually was covering him that play. The second one was an impressive catch. So we will see how he does against bigger players. 

Williams had a big night, but he also had some very big holes on those 2 long runs. It’s not surprising considering the NW State DTs averaged around 260. They were tiny. But I thought besides the huge runs they did a good job stopping the run a lot of the times. 

Clemson should be more telling 

I said 63-13 so that's about right. Next week they will give Clemson a baffingly good game but lose, 38-34, and the playoff hype will begin fo realz. They'll beat Louisiana-Monroe 42-24 and the rollercoaster will peak leading up to the Bama game.

THAT is when they will get their panties pushed up their rectums.

1 hour ago, UTEX90 said:

I was at the game for, well... reasons. 

NWSt was the worst opponent I have ever seen in person.   I seriously can't put into words how bad they were in all aspects of the game.  After about half way through the 1st quarter there was no longer effort. And the first half of the 1st quarter they were just shooting themselves in the foot.  Any ags squeezing their nutz over that victory is on the front seat of the roller coaster with their hands up. 

I think the OLine will be brutal this year and the passing game is likely to be way worse than people think.   If they get down on anyone they are going to have a very rough time coming back from it.  And that could happen a lot.

Sternberger was impressive. 

I don't think the QB battle is over.

On D, that secondary is going to be exposed by any competent talent.    Also of note, is the fact that aggie did not get a single turnover.  NWst should have had several turnovers but I don't recall the aggies even have an opportunity. 

There was just not much that can be taken taken from this game.  It was trash.  Not that I didn't know it would be going in.

I was at home.

NWSt was the worst opponent I have ever seen from my home.   I seriously can't put into words how bad they were in all aspects of the game.  After about half way through the 1st quarter there was no longer effort. And the first half of the 1st quarter they were just shooting themselves in the foot.  Any ags squeezing their nutz over that victory is on the front seat of the roller coaster with their hands up.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

After watching the game...

NW State is not good. When you are considered a cupcake in your own FCS conference, then that’s bad. That being said, they sacked Mond 4 times in the first half. That should worry Aggy. I also didn’t remember NW State QBs ever get sacked by Aggy, which should also be concerning. 

NW State was capable of passing all over Aggy when the QB happened to make a good throw or the WR tried to catch it. Neither of those happened that often. Especially considering they started 1 and 15 or 20 every series becsuse of offsides penalties. 

Mond actually looked better than I thought he would. He still didnt have great accuracy on deeper stuff. And when he gets pressure, it’s not good. The jury is still out on the TE. His first TD, no one actually was covering him that play. The second one was an impressive catch. So we will see how he does against bigger players. 

Williams had a big night, but he also had some very big holes on those 2 long runs. It’s not surprising considering the NW State DTs averaged around 260. They were tiny. But I thought besides the huge runs they did a good job stopping the run a lot of the times. 

Clemson should be more telling 

No turnovers and no sacks against NWESt.

But thats okay I'm told - everyone saw the marked improvement over last year.  Everyone saw the discipline (nevermind those ejections).

And I'm also told that Elko's defenses have never had big sack numbers - so no need to worry about a DL that could not get one god damned sack against a glorified JUCO team that threw the ball 35 times. 

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
Fuck Chip Brown

I said 63-13 so that's about right. Next week they will give Clemson a baffingly good game but lose, 38-34, and the playoff hype will begin fo realz. They'll beat Louisiana-Monroe 42-24 and the rollercoaster will peak leading up to the Bama game.  

THAT is when they will get their panties pushed up their rectums.

Unfortunately I think you are correct on your predictions. I saw several bright spots in the 1st half that any decent coach could use with a rope-a-dope strategy to keep it close.

Mond looked good to me. The fact that He is starting to throw better coupled with his ability to get out of trouble should save a few drives. That pass at the end of the 2nd quarter to the WR in end zone on a post was perfectly placed. His WR was flat out horrible on that play and should probably be given smallpox for dropping that shit.

They are going to be insufferable until about mid October.

Here is the main problem with aggy playing an FCS opponent like Northwestern State: while yes, Northwestern State and other FCS opponents are tough competition for aggy, it doesn’t do them any good in the long run. Next week they’re going to be exposed for what they truly are, a mediocre program(and that’s me saying it nicely).

Sadly, they think of this win as a “great victory” and a tuneup game to prepare for Clemson when in reality they have not prepared for shit. That o-line is complete garbage and is going to get exposed a lot. Also, if aggy is such a powerhouse school as they falsely claim to be (aggy false claiming not going away), then there is no reason for them to be playing an FCS school like Northwestern State.

They lack the brain power to realize that in order to remotely compete with other P5 schools, they need to prepare with better competition. I find it quite telling and amusing that they can bury an FCS school and believe that they achieved “great success!”(Borat voice), while the reality is that they have achieved absolutely nothing.

Oh well, aggy gonna aggy, Jimbo’s a cuck, they’re afraid to play us, 5-7 finish. 

Looking forward to the next few weeks. The rollercoaster will be derailed. 

58 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I was at home.

NWSt was the worst opponent I have ever seen from my home.   I seriously can't put into words how bad they were in all aspects of the game.  After about half way through the 1st quarter there was no longer effort. And the first half of the 1st quarter they were just shooting themselves in the foot.  Any ags squeezing their nutz over that victory is on the front seat of the roller coaster with their hands up.

You win

31 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

There's always some friend, anonymous guy, or visitor when it comes to ag superlatives and national acceptance, isn't there? From an ag on SECrant...

My Nebraska friends tell me that Kyle Stadium is unmatched when Aggy plays a highly-ranked opponent, especially at night.

It is unmatched when aggy plays a highly ranked opponent. If you are visiting, about 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter space frees up in the stands and you can stretch out and enjoy your team laying a beat down on aggy. 

Texags radio: Looch and Steve Mckinney convinced themselves that they're going to wear down Clemson with their run game and TE passing. Also, Clemson wants no part of Kyle Field at night. 

And they break down how Maryland is going to beat Texas, while Looch almost has a mini orgasm imagining it. 

Starts at 154:00 - 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/CvGnJ2PSpkQ/0106028-xsvx.mp3

19 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Those idiots say the same thing after the first game of every coach they've ever hired.

I tried to do a Google search and find some old Texags posts from Sumlin's debut where they praise the new regime like they did last night. Couldn't find any but I did find several in advance of their opening game against Florida, which was both Sumlin's debut and their SEC debut. Lots and lots of shit talking and "introduce ourselves to the world"  and "show we belong in the SEC" type posts. 

They lost 20-17 at home to Muschamp. 

When I saw the score last night, figured the rubes would be pounding their chests and they didn't disappoint.

Figure that it makes sense to douse the aspirations of the rubes by pointing out a couple of things:

1. Jimbo aint built shit in his career as a head coach. He was the HCIW for 3 years while FSU tried to ease out Bobby Bowden. They never had a losing season during that time (though the record books show it due to vacated wins). This is his first attempt at starting from scratch. While he could build A&M into something, it ain't a given and can't be based on past experience because he didn't build FSU from the rubble so to speak. It is definitely a tougher build in B-CS.

2. Only 2 coaches in the modern era of college football (post WWII) have won titles at 2 different schools. Both are current coaches and you know them both - Saban and Meyer. You have to significantly discount Meyer's OSU title though because he walked into a talent rich environment that had a 6-7 gap season between the Tressel firing and the Meyer hiring. There was however nothing to rebuild. Meyer thusly went 12-0 in his first season and won the title the next year. So that leaves Saban who did have to rebuild Bama. Do we really think that we should utter the words Saban and Jimbo in the same sentence. With all of that to consider, the exuberance that is being exuded from College Station is mildly amusing given that these rubes wouldn't have a clue as to how a championship could even be built, much less the folks in charge. 

So it is theoretically possible that Jimbo could meet expectations (which are outrageously high). Of course it is also theoretically possible for me to walk but on my back porch and find <insert hot model name here> sunbathing topless next to the pool. But I ain't holding my breath. 

28 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Texags radio: Looch and Steve Mckinney convinced themselves that they're going to wear down Clemson with their run game and TE passing. Also, Clemson wants no part of Kyle Field at night. 

And they break down how Maryland is going to beat Texas, while Looch almost has a mini orgasm imagining it. 

Starts at 154:00 - 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/CvGnJ2PSpkQ/0106028-xsvx.mp3

Outstanding!  Favorite part was Looch saying aggy run game will wear down Clemson.