• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 5/12/2018 at 3:09 PM, Leanderman said:

"Can someone explain again why the taxpayers are subsidizing that fucking waste of money? The parents of the frat members should be footing the bill, just like the parents of every other fraternity in the state. "

Actually a great question. The military is reducing the amount of officers it requires and are cutting slots. Now I have no earthly idea why we as tax payers have to foot the bill for these morons to wear fake army uniforms? Maybe some folks will smarten up with their tax dollars and stop spending them on jack boots, sabers and long sashes?

Actually, the Military is growing, and just the Army is producing about 600 more per year starting in 2020.  Also, taxpayers do not subsidize the Corps of Cadets.  That is an a&m thing, not any ROTC departments thing.  None of the branches of service pay for their WWII style uniform.  The Army gives their Cadets the combat uniform (just like all other ROTC programs at other universities), and commissioning officers must pay for their dress uniform prior to commissioning.  The military and the Corps of Cadets are completely different entities that are only loosely joined at times.  I am certainly not defending those assclowns, but people are really misinformed about ROTC and the Corps of Cadets.  

I used to be the SMSI at Norwich University, another Senior Military College with a total student population of about 3,500, and we would regularly commission 90 or so Army LTs per year, and that isn't counting the other three service ROTC department commissioning's.  If anything, a&m is underproducing, which should be viewed as a good thing.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, clarythedrill said:

Actually, the Military is growing, and just the Army is producing about 600 more per year starting in 2020.  Also, taxpayers do not subsidize the Corps of Cadets.  That is an a&m thing, not any ROTC departments thing.  None of the branches of service pay for their WWII style uniform.  The Army gives their Cadets the combat uniform (just like all other ROTC programs at other universities), and commissioning officers must pay for their dress uniform prior to commissioning.  The military and the Corps of Cadets are completely different entities that are only loosely joined at times.  I am certainly not defending those assclowns, but people are really misinformed about ROTC and the Corps of Cadets.  

I used to be the SMSI at Norwich University, another Senior Military College with a total student population of about 3,500, and we would regularly commission 90 or so Army LTs per year, and that isn't counting the other three service ROTC department commissioning's.  If anything, a&m is underproducing, which should be viewed as a good thing.

“An a&m thing.” Texas A&M isnt’t a taxpayer funded entity? Ramirez isn’t a state employee? The Corps dorms are privately owned and built on private land?

The taxpayers of Texas absolutely subsidize the aggy fake army fraternity. And, as a fraternity, should be the financial responsibility of its members, not of the taxpayers.

28 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

“An a&m thing.” Texas A&M isnt’t a taxpayer funded entity? Ramirez isn’t a state employee? The Corps dorms are privately owned and built on private land?

The taxpayers of Texas absolutely subsidize the aggy fake army fraternity. And, as a fraternity, should be the financial responsibility of its members, not of the taxpayers.

I am dispelling the belief that the Corps of Cadets are synonymous with the ROTC departments, and they certainly are not.  Those pursuing a commission through one of the three ROTC departments are a cut above the average Corps dork who is taking the course for a leadership minor and a couple of free credits.  Unless they are contracted to a branch of service, they cannot even take classes in ROTC past the Sophomore year.  

As for the dorms and Ramirez, they would be there anyway, as those students would have to have a place to live anyway.  Name them what you want, but those buildings and faculty would be there regardless of who or what they are called.  Stop pole vaulting over mouse turds.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 10:35 AM, Machinator said:

Dc69EvlVMAANZV4.jpg

Wow. This is some serious delusion even by aggy standards. "Nationally relevant history"? Last I checked, anyone outside of College Station would actually have to care about them for them to be "nationally relevant."

20 minutes ago, clarythedrill said:

I am dispelling the belief that the Corps of Cadets are synonymous with the ROTC departments, and they certainly are not.  Those pursuing a commission through one of the three ROTC departments are a cut above the average Corps dork who is taking the course for a leadership minor and a couple of free credits.  Unless they are contracted to a branch of service, they cannot even take classes in ROTC past the Sophomore year.  

As for the dorms and Ramirez, they would be there anyway, as those students would have to have a place to live anyway.  Name them what you want, but those buildings and faculty would be there regardless of who or what they are called.  Stop pole vaulting over mouse turds.

And what is Ramirez’s function other than to babysit the fraternity? Does UT provide a full time house mother for the Tri Delts at taxpayer cost? And there are other corps subsidies I can post if you would like.

The bottom line is the aggy corps delivers no tangible benefits to Texas taxpayers and therefore should be treated financially as every other private fraternity. Money allocated by taxpayers for ROTC should not be converted to private use by private fraternities. Using taxpayer funds to support private social organizations with out express legislative authority is an abuse of public funds. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, clarythedrill said:

You're starting to sound very aggy in your defense of the sheep humpers.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, clarythedrill said:

That's a new one to me.  Very colorful.

50 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

This is going to come as a shock to some of you, but they did not discuss Christian Kirk's doped up arrest today on Texags radio. 

He was a choir boy at collie station, so what he does after he leaves stumlin's watchful eye has nothing to do us, stupid sip! /aggy

I finally found a piece of historical research I have been looking for since I wrote the article debunking the aggy "12th Man" fairy tale back in 2013. I found the aggy student newspaper that mentioned the 1939 radio play that E. King Gill was referring to in 1964 when he said prior to the fictionalized radio play that had him standing alone on the sideline, he really hadn't hear of any aggy "12th Man" tradition on campus that had anything to do with him. Here is that article. From the October 21, 1939 Battalion.

The Ben Beasley that is mentioned as the "eleventh and twelfth man" of the game was #23 on the aggy team and went into the game when Weir (#33), the starting right halfback and captain of the team was injured early in the game. It was Weir's uniform Gill changed into.

If Beasley was considered the 12th man of the game prior to the radio play in 1939, and Gill said the story of him as the 12th man was embellished after the radio play was broadcast, other than by lying thorough their teeth, how can the ags continue with the fairy tale story about Gill being hailed as the hero right after the game and from that point on, being the schools "one and only) 12th man? Whoop!

https://i.imgur.com/EWgn25N.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/EbH7wza.jpg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

You're starting to sound very aggy in your defense of the sheep humpers.

No, you sound very aggy in the way you foolishly defend something only because others do.  I am career Army, so do not want my service lumped in with the Corps Of Cadets, therefore I am trying to ensure people know the difference between the two.  

• Like 1

I finally found a piece of historical research I have been looking for since I wrote the article debunking the aggy "12th Man" fairy tale back in 2013. I found the aggy student newspaper that mentioned the 1939 radio play that E. King Gill was referring to in 1964 when he said prior to the fictionalized radio play that had him standing alone on the sideline, he really hadn't hear of any aggy "12th Man" tradition on campus that had anything to do with him. Here is that article. From the October 21, 1939 Battalion.
The Ben Beasley that is mentioned as the "eleventh and twelfth man" of the game was #23 on the aggy team and went into the game when Weir (#33), the starting right halfback and captain of the team was injured early in the game. It was Weir's uniform Gill changed into.
If Beasley was considered the 12th man of the game prior to the radio play in 1939, and Gill said the story of him as the 12th man was embellished after the radio play was broadcast, other than by lying thorough their teeth, how can the ags continue with the fairy tale story about Gill being hailed as the hero right after the game and from that point on, being the schools "one and only) 12th man? Whoop!
https://i.imgur.com/EWgn25N.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EbH7wza.jpg
Hilarious, but believable.

6 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

So PETA sued A&M for animal abuse associated with experimentation on animals by deliberately giving them muscular dystrophy.  Mainly on dogs.

My question is, does this qualify as domestic violence?

Only if the dogs are sheep

• Like 1

Scipio is writing a 3-part story of out of state recruiting that is worth a read. 'It speaks directly to the argument I have made about he importance of being able to recruit nationally. One of aggy's huge problems is that the freak show of a culture they revere is so off-putting to out of state kids, that it inhibits their ability to recruit nationally. And by "recruit nationally" I don't mean an occasional one-off from Alabama that has been rejected by Saban or Gus, nor am I speaking about a one-off three star from Connecticut. I mean the ability to consistently compete for top talent against top in-state and national programs.

http://insidetexas.com/the-nationalization-of-recruiting-how-much-should-texas-recruit-out-of-state/

DdWgWvwVQAAi5M0.jpg

Wait wait wait..."longhorns don't care so much about what happens on the field. They'll be puffing their chest out until then because they'll get to play Bama"?  Isn't that the epitome of aggy?  Bragging about being in the SECSEC and playing Bama then losing to every SEC team with a pulse?

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 2

quote:
So, like, the only people who say "Saw Em Off" are Aggies.

The only people who said aggy were horns until tSECr hijacked it. 
So Bama’s welcome to saw varsity’s horns off. 
Iconcheers.gif

Now, aggy is beggin' other secsec teams to use the "saw em off" that only aggy uses.   Stupid aggy.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

TexAgs on us scheduling Bama:

Reveal hidden contents

DdWgRm8UQAA5ll8.jpgDdWgT56UQAAOpX9.jpgDdWgVVhU0AAO7jL.jpgDdWgXNIV4AAKzuM.jpg

And there's this: "Smart money says Bama will be coached by Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney in 2022 and 2023, and there will be players on the field for those games that weren't yet alive the last time Texas was capable of going toe to toe with a Saban or Swinney coached team. "

So, some of the players will be under 13 years old?