• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

12 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

I don't know if this is the right place, but here is our response to Barrett Sallee saying that Texas is afraid of Texas A&M. (starts at 15:40)

For a supposed horncast, a number of key facts are missing from the discussion.

1. CDC called them 2 weeks ago (which he should not have done) and they said no.  Right.  We're scared.

2. Bitchassedness.  They left the party.  We didn't.  Fuck them.  100 year decision.   eATMe.

3. We gain nothing even with a 77-0 result.  Nothing.

4. 72-37-5.   aggy needs 33 wins in a row to gain scoreboard.

5. Texas Bowl.

6. Michigan, LSU, Alabama, etc.etc.etc.

How can anyone who claims to be horn-affiliated spin the above in to "we're scared just like they are".

It's bulldada.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

On the CDC calling A&M. Perhaps there is a hole in my argument, but it seems like they rejected the offer because they already have Miami scheduled then. That'd be a lot for OOC to be fair.

that miami schedule can be changed if aggy was inclined to play or ,wait a minute ,  maybe  play two ooc teams with a pulse ? they have a spot open if they choose . there is nothing risky about it . its fucking football . Texas has proven ,up or down,they will get recruits so will aggy  . fair has nothing to do with it 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

I don't know if this is the right place, but here is our response to Barrett Sallee saying that Texas is afraid of Texas A&M. (starts at 15:40)

I'm not trying to be super critical here because I like the work you do, but it feels like y'all picked a narrative/headline and then worked towards it.  The reasoning in this podcast leaves a lot to be desired.

We have two objective scenarios in which A&M/SEC actively avoided playing UT. 1. Texas Bowl where aggy took a demotion in bowl to avoid UT. I highly doubt aggy had no say in how that went and 2. A&M declining to play in the open slot, so we picked Bama.  There are no objective scenarios in which UT has shown they're scared to play and 1 in which they've showed they are, which is CDC calling them.  It's easy to move around OOC stuff that far in advance. We bumped tOSU back to make this work. aggy easily could've done the same with Miami. I don't see how this results in the conclusion that they're both scared or that Texas isn't willing to play them. CDC literally called them and asked them to play.  

The rest of what's talked about is mainly just speculation, but even then, as other posters have pointed out, most of the speculative stuff leans in UT's favor.  The only thing that leans against UT playing aggy is that the next 10 years worth of OOC games we've scheduled are all better opponents that would get UT more national recognition and that factor still has nothing to do with being scared to play.  

17 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

On the CDC calling A&M. Perhaps there is a hole in my argument, but it seems like they rejected the offer because they already have Miami scheduled then. That'd be a lot for OOC to be fair.

I mentioned this in my longer post, but this doesn't hold up. UT bumped tOSU back a few years to make Bama work. These OOC games aren't binding and both teams can back out or reschedule.  A&M easily could've bumped Miami if they had any desire to play UT at all. 

Edited by UT Lawnghorn
  • Like 1

"why don't they keep Miami on the schedule and drop one of the teams that they play every year that won't count toward their bowl eligibility.... or maybe give Lamar a break for a couple of seasons?  "

What madness do you speak of? Next you will be saying they will want to drop The Listeners of the Austin School for the Deaf, or some nonsense?

25 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

why don't they keep Miami on the schedule and drop one of the teams that they play every year that won't count toward their bowl eligibility.... or maybe give Lamar a break for a couple of seasons? 

Because they're a bunch of pussies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

You mean to die in WWII. Remember, aggy had more “servicemen” lose their lives in WWII than any other branch of the armed forces.

If so many died, then they obviously didn't do a good job.

Makes me question whether Jethro Bodine was their commanding officer or not.

imagesCAQIQ419-1.jpg

1 hour ago, TtomTerrific said:

why don't they keep Miami on the schedule and drop one of the teams that they play every year that won't count toward their bowl eligibility.... or maybe give Lamar a break for a couple of seasons? 

While I'm never one to skip an opportunity to make fun of aggy. I don't think this is very reasonable. It would be dumb of us to schedule two big time P5 programs OOC, and while aggy has an extra OOC game, we have Kansas so I think that kind of evens out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

While I'm never one to skip an opportunity to make fun of aggy. I don't think this is very reasonable. It would be dumb of us to schedule two big time P5 programs OOC, and while aggy has an extra OOC game, we have Kansas so I think that kind of evens out. 

How many FCS teams does Texas play OOC each season?

Remember, since aggy joined the S!E!C! no FBS team has played more FCS teams than aggy.

Texas plays 10 games/season against P5 teams. At best, aggy plays 9. In their program defining season of 2012, they had 9 FBS wins, and 7 P5 wins. 7 wins over P5 teams and they insist they were a 3-point loss away from winning their conference and the national championship.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

How many FCS teams does Texas play OOC each season?

Remember, since aggy joined the S!E!C! no FBS team has played more FCS teams than aggy.

Texas plays 10 games/season against P5 teams. At best, aggy plays 9. In their program dfining season of 2012, they had 9 FBS wins, and 7 P5 wins. 7 wins over P5 teams and they insist they were a 3-point loss away from winning their conference and the national championship.

I get that and I wasn’t commenting on whether they should schedule FCS teams, only saying that Miami and UT in the same year would be a lot and I wouldn’t want UT to schedule two OOC teams of that caliber the same year. Plus, one of our P5 teams is Kansas, which really isn’t a P5 team for the last five years or so (Hi Charlie!). 

5 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I get that and I wasn’t commenting on whether they should schedule FCS teams, only saying that Miami and UT in the same year would be a lot and I wouldn’t want UT to schedule two OOC teams of that caliber the same year. Plus, one of our P5 teams is Kansas, which really isn’t a P5 team for the last five years or so (Hi Charlie!). 

Kansas is offset by aggy's FCS opponent. aggy would be doing what USC has has no problem doing - scheduling two decent P5 teams in the same season.

If you want to elevate your program, you need to do something that makes a statement. I have argued that not only does aggy need to schedule more than one P5 ooc team, they need to schedule 4 P5 ooc teams in the same year.

aggy needs to do something other than struggle to finish better than third in their division if they are going to make a statement that they want to take their program up a notch. Overpaying a coach whose previous school was tired of his shit only impresses aggys. Scott Frost, Willie Taggart, and borrowing $350 million to overbuild a stadium with bad plumbing isn't changing anyone's opinion of TAMU.

It may be a tough challenge, but scheduling four decent P5 ooc teams in the same year would certainly get the attention of college sportswriters. Which will help with recruiting - be part of something no other program has done, nor will any other group of athletes ever get to do again - take on the world! (is that aggy-esque enough?). North, south, east west. Michigan, Fla St, Penn St, USC. The monster season they will make a 30 for 30 about. Jump on board.

But that isn't aggy. They will cling to their FCS cupcake at all costs. If they even schedule one legit P5 ooc team, it is an anomaly.

And aggy will forever remain aggy. Because they are constantly afraid of legitimately doing something bold that doesn't involve spending money they don't have.

This quote from aggie247 is gold: "I personally don't want to play the sips. Their schedule is pathetic, and they play only 2 games anyone cares about, one non-conference game and OU. "

Let's see, final SOS, per Sagain:

2017 - UT 32, aggy 44

2016 - UT 36, aggy 40

2015 - UT 7, aggy 25

agyy gonna aggy, I guess.

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

This quote from aggie247 is gold: "I personally don't want to play the sips. Their schedule is pathetic, and they play only 2 games anyone cares about, one non-conference game and OU. "

2017 - UT 32, aggy 44

2016 - UT 36, aggy 40

2015 - UT 7, aggy 25

what-does-smh-mean-1413336460354.png?cro

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Kansas is offset by aggy's FCS opponent. aggy would be doing what USC has has no problem doing - scheduling two decent P5 teams in the same season.

If you want to elevate your program, you need to do something that makes a statement. I have argued that not only does aggy need to schedule more than one P5 ooc team, they need to schedule 4 P5 ooc teams in the same year.

aggy needs to do something other than struggle to finish better than third in their division if they are going to make a statement that they want to take their program up a notch. Overpaying a coach whose previous school was tired of his shit only impresses aggys. Scott Frost, Willie Taggart, and borrowing $350 million to overbuild a stadium with bad plumbing isn't changing anyone's opinion of TAMU.

It may be a tough challenge, but scheduling four decent P5 ooc teams in the same year would certainly get the attention of college sportswriters. Which will help with recruiting - be part of something no other program has done, nor will any other group of athletes ever get to do again - take on the world! (is that aggy-esque enough?). North, south, east west. Michigan, Fla St, Penn St, USC. The monster season they will make a 30 for 30 about. Jump on board.

But that isn't aggy. They will cling to their FCS cupcake at all costs. If they even schedule one legit P5 ooc team, it is an anomaly.

And aggy will forever remain aggy. Because they are constantly afraid of legitimately doing something bold that doesn't involve spending money they don't have.

aggy needs as many home-cooking cupcakes as they can get....to play in colleyville to put gomers  in the seats and fill up all those "luxury" motels there.  And, they won't return the favor.  If you look at the last 5-6 years, they are averaging at least 6-7 home games.   aggy is not looking for real competition.  Clemson, this coming year, is an anomaly.

14 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

2017 - UT 32, aggy 44

2016 - UT 36, aggy 40

2015 - UT 7, aggy 25

Holy smoke...are those "facts"?  Don't let aggy see those.

If you go back to their first year in the SEC, Texas has averaged a stronger strength of schedule than A&M. This doesn’t take into account the embarrassingly huge number of FBS schools they have played or them having 8 homes games on several years. 

Outside of 1 game, the entire Manziel era was nothing but losing to good teams while beating the shit teams. . The shit just FAR outweighed the good...and that continued on through the entire Sumlin era.   If you want to see almost professional level squirming, ask aggy to name Manziel’s top three wins of his career. 

17 minutes ago, Forty Acres said:

If you go back to their first year in the SEC, Texas has averaged a stronger strength of schedule than A&M. This doesn’t take into account the embarrassingly huge number of FBS schools they have played or them having 8 homes games on several years. 

Outside of 1 game, the entire Manziel era was nothing but losing to good teams while beating the shit teams. . The shit just FAR outweighed the good...and that continued on through the entire Sumlin era.   If you want to see almost professional level squirming, ask aggy to name Manziel’s top three wins of his career. 

Alabama, OU, and ____?

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From Tarp-

However, the scheduling has made it so problematic that it doesn't look like that anything will happen anytime soon. In addition, every time someone on one side gets interested in making it happen, the other side has various reasons to keep the status quo.

You're a fucking liar, Tarp. Name 1 time aggy has approached us to play and we said no. Even when aggy said boohoo and took their ball home, they never asked for the series to continue. We had to point out (because forethought and aggy are like water and oil) that our schedule is booked and we won't be able to squeeze your dumb asses in. They still chose to go and never once has asked us to play again. I swear these are some dishonest fucks. aggy never lie my ass.

57 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

aggy is not looking for real competition.  Clemson, this coming year, is an anomaly.

Pretty sure this game was scheduled years ago before Clemson became good.  If aggy had known that Clemson would have become the powerhouse they are now, I'm betting we would have seen a Syracuse or Indiana type opponent.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:02 PM, GotThatFire said:

aggy ran away from us and our conference, so they didn't have to be our bitch anymore. Why would they want to be our bitch again? They don't. This was part of their plan. Run away, then act like they want to play again, knowing it's not gonna happen, to make themselves not look scared.  

Case McCoy really, really fucked their plan up. They thought they would get that last win at home then ride off into the backwoods with their heads held high so they could talk shit for the rest of eternity... Nope. 

I will forever love him for that. It looked goofy as hell but his herpa derping down the field was magnificent.

• Like 3

I will forever love him for that. It looked goofy as hell but his herpa derping down the field was magnificent.

That entire sequence was like watching a slo-mo car crash, I swear at one point he stopped cold and went backwards a bit, but I was pretty sauced up that night. (T-day with family will do that to ya)
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Forty Acres said:

2012 W's over ranked teams:  Bama (1), OU (12), MSU (17), La Tech (23).  That was a good season by any standards.

2013 W's over ranked teams:  Duke (22).  The 8 regular season W's were Rice, SHSU, SMU, Arky, Ole Miss, Vandy, UTEP, MSU.  That's 1 FCS and 3 G5 teams.  Still, that is tied for A&M's 2nd best season since they went 11-3 in '98.

33 minutes ago, ousux said:
52 minutes ago, F250 said:

That entire sequence was like watching a slo-mo car crash, I swear at one point he stopped cold and went backwards a bit, but I was pretty sauced up that night. (T-day with family will do that to ya)

My memory of the run is in slow motion too. That is the only time I've ever experienced the perception of time slowing down while watching a sport. The pucker factor was at 11 when Case took off running. With Vince making a break for the corner of the end zone in the Rose Bowl, I was holding my breath but it was Vince so I was confident. I almost broke my wife's hand from squeezing it too tight but I was confident. I am pretty sure my life flashed before my eyes with Case's run.