• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 hours ago, angelos's frog said:

2012 W's over ranked teams:  Bama (1), OU (12), MSU (17), La Tech (23).  That was a good season by any standards.

2013 W's over ranked teams:  Duke (22).  The 8 regular season W's were Rice, SHSU, SMU, Arky, Ole Miss, Vandy, UTEP, MSU.  That's 1 FCS and 3 G5 teams.  Still, that is tied for A&M's 2nd best season since they went 11-3 in '98.

Bama and OU were certainly good wins in '12. Although, most OU fans would tell you the '12 team really wasn't that good. 

LA Tech and MSU weren't very good wins. LA Tech finished 52nd and MSU finished 43rd in S&P. For whatever reason they were ranked. 

A&M went 2-2 against S&P top 15 teams in '12. 

Edited by texasstrong12

16 hours ago, Forty Acres said:

If you go back to their first year in the SEC, Texas has averaged a stronger strength of schedule than A&M. This doesn’t take into account the embarrassingly huge number of FBS schools they have played or them having 8 homes games on several years. 

Outside of 1 game, the entire Manziel era was nothing but losing to good teams while beating the shit teams. . The shit just FAR outweighed the good...and that continued on through the entire Sumlin era.   If you want to see almost professional level squirming, ask aggy to name Manziel’s top three wins of his career. 

The bold part is pretty much a good summation of the Sumlin era. Sumlin's record against S&P top 25 teams. 

'17: 0-3

'16: 1-2

'15: 2-4

'14: 2-4

'13: 1-4

'12: 3-2

The only time Sumlin didn't finish with a losing record against S&P top 25 teams happened in '12. Sumlin finished with a winning record against S&P top 25 teams in '12 because of a 7-6 Ole Miss team. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

So they say that we have 2 games a year that everybody cares about and that's it. Then the next question should be, how many games each year do they play that anybody outside of them cares about? 0.

Yep. We have two nationally relevant games a year.  They have 0.  Their games against Bama in 2012 and 2013 were nationally relevant, but then 51-0 happened and no one's given a shit since.  People who tune into that game outside of Texas tune in because it's Bama. aggy has minimal affect on the national attention to that game.

The only other argument they have would be their "rivalry" with LSU, which they've never won and LSU forced to be moved off of Thanksgiving day because it was a stupid attempt by aggy to stay relevant from the years when it got to play us on that day.

@thepassag re: "Most every game we play is big, in front of 80,000 to 100,000+"

Since 2012 in SEC play the aggy record in stadiums with 80K+ capacity is 17-19 including a home record of 9-14.

The aggy record in SEC play in stadiums with less than 80K capacity is 9-4.  I consider the pig game the last 4 years as 50k capacity, because, one, if those had been losses, aggy would have made up a random "rule" to grade those games to their favor, and two, if the wins over pig in '12 and '13 had been losses, again, aggy would have made up a random "rule" to grade those games in their favor.  So I am going to assume aggy wants to count the first 2 wins ('12 & '13) as being in +80k stadiums, which means they can only get credit for a sub-80k win for the last 4 deathstar wins (100k capacity split 50k each).  They can't have 80k+ credit for both because half a deathstar can't trump a complete pyle or a complete fayettenam.  Thus, Bob is everything.  Therefore, Everything is Bob.  Abracadabra.

Edited by Hagbard Celine
hr puffnstuff can't get a little cause he can't get enough

56 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Their games against Bama in 2012 and 2013 were nationally relevant, but then 51-0 happened and no one's given a shit since. 

The game in 2012 only became relevant after the fact because Bama lost. If they had won, no one would have noticed. If 13 was relevant it was only because of “remember last year?”

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Yep. We have two nationally relevant games a year.  They have 0.  Their games against Bama in 2012 and 2013 were nationally relevant, but then 51-0 happened and no one's given a shit since.  People who tune into that game outside of Texas tune in because it's Bama. aggy has minimal affect on the national attention to that game.

The only other argument they have would be their "rivalry" with LSU, which they've never won and LSU forced to be moved off of Thanksgiving day because it was a stupid attempt by aggy to stay relevant from the years when it got to play us on that day.

They don't understand that Texas-ISU is exactly the same nationally as Alabama-A&M.  They're the ISU of the SEC and don't even know it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, utee94 said:

They don't understand that Texas-ISU is exactly the same nationally as Alabama-A&M.  They're the ISU of the SEC and don't even know it.

ISU has historically relevant social status. Sure, they haven't won much, but I'll take the real life history of Jack Trice over the made up history of the Kow and Kream Klub cadets any day of the week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Brewster is dead to me.  Fuck that guy badmouthing Vincent Paul Young Jr.

While Brewster has been dead to me for a long while, I can pretty much guarantee the dig at Vince throwing the ball was 100% made up. Brewster knows damned well what Vince's passing percentages were like his last two years. And I guarantee you there is no mythical second coming in the 2020 class.

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

While Brewster has been dead to me for a long while, I can pretty much guarantee the dig at Vince throwing the ball was 100% made up. Brewster knows damned well what Vince's passing percentages were like his last two years. And I guarantee you there is no mythical second coming in the 2020 class. 

He's talking about Malik Hornsby (who we're chasing as well). I'll let you judge: https://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Hornsby-46037405

Hey aggy lurkers. Im watching a certain football game that used to be played in November. We just took our first lead in the 3rd quarter. I wonder how this one turns out? If you want to check it out, it’s on our network.

“The aggys are melting down in front of our eyes!!”

—announcer after a trannyhill int.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Hey aggy lurkers. Im watching a certain football game that used to be played in November. We just took our first lead in the 3rd quarter. I wonder how this one turns out? If you want to check it out, it’s on our network.

I don't want to give away the ending, but . . . .

JJMlj.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Actually, the final was 59-0. 45-0 at half time.

Edited by Cashdaddyblumpkins
  • Like 1

Love how Jimbo is still loved (not) at FSU:

"On Wednesday, the NCAA released updated Academic Progress Rates and the numbers reflect another Fisher mess that Taggart is responsible for cleaning up. Despite improving in Fisher’s final season at the helm academically, Florida State ranks last among all Power 5 schools in multi-year APR with a 941 score, according to a report from Safid Deen of the Orlando Sentinel."

Guess aggy has something to look forward to.  Whoop!

Florida softball team took the first game of the Super Regionals against 15-seed Texas A&M. 

UF was trailing Texas A&M 4-1 in the 7th.   Four walks, two errors and a home run by Amanda Lorenz allowed the Gator comeback.

Aggie pitcher walked a run in to tie the game at 4-4.

The Aggies made a pitching change, and the relief pitcher threw a ball on a full count to walk in the winning run and give the Gators the victory.

Pooor Aggies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Florida softball team took the first game of the Super Regionals against 15-seed Texas A&M. 

UF was trailing Texas A&M 4-1 in the 7th.   Four walks, two errors and a home run by Amanda Lorenz allowed the Gator comeback.

Aggie pitcher walked a run in to tie the game at 4-4.

The Aggies made a pitching change, and the relief pitcher threw a ball on a full count to walk in the winning run and give the Gators the victory.

Pooor Aggies.

Hey Gator, what are you hearing about Tim Walton? Apparently some people think Texas has a shot of landing him. 

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Hey Gator, what are you hearing about Tim Walton? Apparently some people think Texas has a shot of landing him. 

Softball coaches do not get paid shit.   Texas can outbid us if we try to get tricksey Hobbit-ish and not pay the man.    I hope we pay the man.   He coached at Okie, so I guess that is OK with y'all. 

33 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Softball coaches do not get paid shit.   Texas can outbid us if we try to get tricksey Hobbit-ish and not pay the man.    I hope we pay the man.   He coached at Okie, so I guess that is OK with y'all. 

Rumor is we offered $1 million a year. No clue if it's true but it's our new AD's first hire. So they might be trying to go big here. 

To be fair, Texas-ISU hasn't really been a comparison to Alabama-aggy lately. We still have the name recognition but not the football power to bring many non-Texas eyeballs when bigger games are on at the same time.

OU-Tech would be a better recent analogy to Alabama-aggy. Nobody cares about Tech and OU has been in the playoff hunt.

Texas-ISU lately has been closer to Arkansas-aggy. Outside of alums or conference yokels, not much national interest if more relevant games are on. Of course, hopefully soon we'll be back at the Alabama level of relevance.

But aggy will always be aggy.

SEC coaches don't seem impressed with Elko. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Anonymous-SEC-coaches-expect-big-changes-for-Texas-AM-Aggies-football-under-Jimbo-Fisher-118487094

The addition of Mike Elko as defensive coordinator is publicly considered one of the best hires of the offseason. Most recently the defensive coordinator for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, SEC coaches privately appear unexcited about the hire. The Aggies have work to do after 36 points per game allowed last season from November onward. Notre Dame gave up 369.2 yards and 21.5 points per game last season compared to 408.5 yards and 30.7 points per game for A&M.

"He knows what he can do,” an SEC coach said anonymously. “But I never thought Notre Dame played great defense. I watched the first half of (A&M's) spring game and I thought the defense sucked."

The Aggies have work to do after 36 points per game allowed last season from November onward. Notre Dame gave up 369.2 yards and 21.5 points per game last season compared to 408.5 yards and 30.7 points per game for A&M.

The Irish gave up 30 points per game from November onward. The only 2 games where they gave up less than 37 points was 17 pts to Navy and 17 pts to LSU in the bowl.