• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

14 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Well, the aggy program is national champions at having the most "almost wins of all time" I am sure...

Is there a dedicated area in their "hall of champions" (or whatever the fuck it's called) for "almost wins of all time"?

Really that's foolish though. The whole damn "hall" will be filled with "almost wins".

3 hours ago, EastTexan said:

Is there a dedicated area in their "hall of champions" (or whatever the fuck it's called) for "almost wins of all time"?

Really that's foolish though. The whole damn "hall" will be filled with "almost wins".

Or, it could be named as: "The Hall of Fixin' to Not Lose Next Time"...

• Like 1

Just now, Jkwellborn said:

That’s the first time I’ve seen that. Got a few laughs. I’ll have to share it around with some aggys. 

A great trait of most aggies is in the fact that their oblivious to their own ignorance when it comes to "how not to lose", but are the best at cheering the opposing victors in the SEC... 

30 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Never seen that video before, but lmao

so goddamn true. Such an embarrassment to this state

Well Collie Station can always be annexed into the state of Mississippi, while Texas gains Pensacola..! 😏

How the gomers prepare to defend Pyle of shit field on Saturday 

I'll ask again, what does the "A.M.U." pin on the collars mean? With no "T" there is no reference to being from Texas, and aggy did away with A&M actually standing for anything a while back. Even if it still did, are they representing Agricultural & Mechanical University?

7 hours ago, Sejjr said:

The corps of cadets is basically a fraternity of flag zealots. 

Kept watching that video thinking ok, in a moment we'll see the dedication to service and our country, as well as the overall coolness it must be to be a corps member. That moment never came.

14 hours ago, Modessit said:
On 5/28/2018 at 10:16 AM, Longboard Horn said:
How the gomers prepare to defend Pyle of shit field on Saturday 

I'll ask again, what does the "A.M.U." pin on the collars mean? With no "T" there is no reference to being from Texas, and aggy did away with A&M actually standing for anything a while back. Even if it still did, are they representing Agricultural & Mechanical University?

Allways Mentally Underacheiveing

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

No. 1 Oklahoma State just ousted No. 2 aggy in the NCAA Men's Golf National Championship finals bracket.  No final four for aggy.  Fuck aggy.  Forever and ever.  Amen.

What a shame.  Seems like a lot of heartbreak for aggy lately.  So unfortunate......

Edited by Lhorn

SIAP. 

Every sport station I listen to talks about how aggy has tons of money.  What am I missing?  Doesn't aggy owe millions each year alone, on interest of the stadium upgrade?  Plus the buyout of Sumlin and loans from other departments I am thinking are in the millions as well.  If this is true, why doesn't any of the sport talk shows address this?

SIAP. 
Every sport station I listen to talks about how aggy has tons of money.  What am I missing?  Doesn't aggy owe millions each year alone, on interest of the stadium upgrade?  Plus the buyout of Sumlin and loans from other departments I am thinking are in the millions as well.  If this is true, why doesn't any of the sport talk shows address this?
You are about to get a novel for a reply.
  • Like 1

Lookit post #4 in this thread at the City-Data forum:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/texas/2924464-texas-college-highest-endowment-per-student.html#post52041843

The list doesn't count the public universities. Texas A&M is the richest public university in the world with an endowment of around $10 billion which puts it in the top-10 nationwide of all universities. And UT is lower but still massive at $3.7 billion.

https://www.usnews.com/education/bes...est-endowments

Edited by Armybrat

35 minutes ago, skipperj said:

Yes, I believe Mr Duke will have some pointers for your next post, AB.

As of the end of March 2018, UTIMCO had $44.3B under management, of which less than half consisted of PUF assets. Last I knew, the PUF lands were valued at $8B. The UT endowment funds outside of the PUF exceed what the agricultural branch college claims as their "endowment."

And the best part? The tech boom that has transformed Austin pretty much took off in about 1980. The alumni that were the drivers of that boom are just now getting to the point that they are focusing on generational wealth transfers. Dell alone is sitting on $23B.

Del Conte is tapping into those assets to set UT athletics up for the next chapter. The money Del Conte is going after just for UT athletics will exceed the entirety of the aggy system non-PUF endowment assets which, according to aggy, are only $1.8B (https://www.txamfoundation.com/)

And let's not forget the annual operating budget for UT Austin is greater than the combined operating budgets of OU Norman and TAMU-College Station combined. In fact, once the med school gets fully operational, the annual operating budget for UT Austin will be greater than that of the entire TAMU system, making UT Austin the second UT System component to exceed the operating budget of the entire TAMU system (M.D. Anderson being the other)

https://i.imgur.com/8cARAMv.jpg

• Like 6