2022 Off-Season Thread: No Kool-Aid, Just Flavor-Aid

BurntOrange&White

03.10.2022 | Football

2022 Texas Football Pro Day

AJ2I0743.jpg?width=768&height=460&mode=c

AUSTIN, Texas – Fifteen former Longhorns took part in Pro Day on Thursday to display their abilities for NFL scouts, providing them with an opportunity for in-person workouts with many teams having multiple scouts on hand.The group consisted of TE Cade Brewer, EDGE Ben Davis, K/P Cameron Dicker, DB Darion Dunn, EDGE Jacoby Jones, OL Derek Kerstetter, DS Justin Mader, OL Denzel Okafor, WR/DB Brenden Schooler, DB Josh Thompson, EDGE Ray Thornton and RB Gabriel Watson from the 2021 Longhorns as well as former DB Donovan Duvernay. Former Longhorns Earl Thomas and Chris Brown participated in defensive back drills.

The day began with measurements and testing with Schooler and Thompson each recording a vertical jump of 37.5, while Kerstetter and Okafor highlighted the bench press with 31 reps each. Schooler posted the top 40-yard dash (4.41) and 3-cone drill (6.65) and Duvernay registered the fastest pro-agility (4.09).

After the testing were the individual drills, beginning with the offensive skill players, followed by the offensive linemen, defensive backs, defensive front and finishing with Dicker and Mader for special teams.

The NFL Draft will take place Thursday, April 28 to Saturday, April 30 in Las Vegas.

Texas Pro Day Performances
Top 3 in each category

Vertical Jump
37.5     Brenden Schooler
37.5     Josh Thompson
34.5     Darion Dunn
34.5     Donovan Duvernay

Standing Long Jump
10-8     Brenden Schooler
10-7     Ben Davis
10-7     Josh Thompson

Bench Press (225 reps)
31        Derek Kerstetter
31        Denzel Okafor
21        Ben Davis

40-yard Dash
4.41     Brenden Schooler
4.56     Donovan Duvernay
4.69     Darion Dunn
Additional Notables – Ben Davis (4.70), Gabriel Watson (4.70), Cade Brewer (4.80), Ray Thornton (4.83)

Pro-Agility (20's)
4.09     Donovan Duvernay
4.16     Brenden Schooler
4.18     Josh Thompson

3-Cone Drill
6.65     Brenden Schooler
6.80     Donovan Duvernay
6.84     Josh Thompson

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Those are hideous 

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

gross

16 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

got damn, I get embracing KD but his fucking logo needs work. it's so fucking dog shit.

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

got damn, I get embracing KD but his fucking logo needs work. it's so fucking dog shit.

So.... You looked at that shoe and thought, "Damn, KD... That logo..."???

That shoe is ass.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, ousux said:

It's almost like the guys at Nike sent that design to KD as a joke and he was like "yeah let's go with that"

He said, “oh, y’all up at nike got jokes? Fuck around and find out.”

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

Well, they aren’t getting any track laid.

Or any other kind of laid wearing those atrocities. 

Dallas Cowboys DC Dan Quinn set to speak at Texas Football Coaches Clinic

ByTAYLOR ESTES 19 hours ago

The first featured speaker for the upcoming Texas football coaches clinic has been announced. The Longhorns will welcome in Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn as one of their featured speakers for Steve Sarkisian's first Texas Football Coaches Clinic since he was hired at Texas.

The Dallas Cowboys' defensive coordinator has plenty of familiarity with Sarkisian and Texas offensive coordinator Kyle Flood from when the two UT coaches were assistants on Quinn's staff when he was the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. Both Sarkisian and Flood spent two years as assistant coaches on Quinn's coaching staff with the Falcons in 2017 and 2018. Flood was the offensive line coach while Sarkisian was Quinn's offensive coordinator in Atlanta.

This year's Texas Football Coaches Clinic marks the first in-person event of the Sarkisian era after not holding the annual coaches clinic last spring.

The Longhorns will host the annual Texas Football Coaches Clinic April 7 through April 9, and the three-day event will not only feature Quinn as the first announced featured speaker, but will also feature instruction from all of Sarkisian's assistant coaches at Texas.

The 2022 Texas Football Coaches Clinic will be held while the Longhorns are well underway in spring practice, which officially kicks off later this month on March 22 and concludes on April 23 with the annual Orange-White Spring Game. The Longhorns have welcomed a number of new faces to the roster ahead of spring football, including 10 early enrollees — four-star cornerback Terrance Brooks, four-star EDGE Justice Finkley, four-star safety Bryan Allen Jr., four-star cornerback Jaylon Guilbeau, four-star defensive lineman Jaray Bledsoe, four-star quarterback Maalik Murphy, four-star running back Jaydon Blue, four-star safety Larry Turner-Gooden, four-star offensive lineman Cole Hutson and three-star defensive lineman Aaron Bryant — and four mid-year transfers in five-star quarterback Quinn Ewers, four-star wide receiver Isaiah Neyor, four-star tight end Jahleel Billingsley and three-star cornerback Ryan Watts.

The Orange-White Spring Game will be a part of this year's 'Made in Austin Weekend' for the Longhorns, which will feature plenty of UT sporting events the weekend of April 22 through April 24. The spring game is among the events to headline the weekend, but this year's 'Made in Austin Weekend' is also a Big 12 home series for No. 1 ranked Texas baseball when the Longhorns host Baylor for a three-game series starting April 22.

According to the official announcement for the spring game and 'Made in Austin Weekend', the Longhorns will host, "events (featuring) a variety of fan experiences that celebrates what makes Austin so unique: live music, specialty food and beverage offerings, live art installations, and -- most importantly -- the Texas Longhorns!"

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Ask the guy who fired you to come speak at your coaching clinic after he was also fired for not improving after you were fired. 

Leading to some healthy humility on both sides?

17 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Ask the guy who fired you to come speak at your coaching clinic after he was also fired for not improving after you were fired. 

Dan Quinn is a good coach and had a great year last year making a respectable defense out of Micah Parsons and duct tape. I can’t throw shade about him coming to a TX Football event 

20 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Dan Quinn is a good coach and had a great year last year making a respectable defense out of Micah Parsons and duct tape. I can’t throw shade about him coming to a TX Football event 

Yeah I'm not sure I get that comment at all. Dude is a super bowl winning defensive coordinator, took the Falcons to the Super Bowl as a HC, and was just named AP assistant coach of the year for his work on the defensive side of the ball. That is a damn good guest to have IMO for the HS coaches of the state to come and learn from.

55 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah I'm not sure I get that comment at all. Dude is a super bowl winning defensive coordinator, took the Falcons to the Super Bowl as a HC, and was just named AP assistant coach of the year for his work on the defensive side of the ball. That is a damn good guest to have IMO for the HS coaches of the state to come and learn from.

No one is debating Quinn's merits, only the sitcom-level awkwardness between him and Sark. 

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Prepare to burn this fall...

image.png.e8d2ae84c0de178e691f993ef9bcfe4c.png

Gross... Fox will get Domers/Bucks week 1 and then this. I penciled that in for a day full of drinking leading into the ABC primetime game. 

Is Fox that afraid to go Head to Head with ABC game of the week?

30 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Gross... Fox will get Domers/Bucks week 1 and then this. I penciled that in for a day full of drinking leading into the ABC primetime game. 

If the game goes as expected, you shouldn’t change your drinking plans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

I’d prefer for our defense not to be embarrassed in prime time 

• Like 2