USMNT 2022

Napoleon

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

We look okay. It's cold as shit and this ref is being a cunt. 

We really don't.  Our only chance in 30 minutes came from a bad clearance and it was easily blocked.  Our corner service is shit.  We've had two or three bad giveaways.  And we're down a goal.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

We really don't.  Our only chance in 30 minutes came from a bad clearance and it was easily blocked.  Our corner service is shit.  We've had two or three bad giveaways.  And we're down a goal.

Yeah I kind of meant other than the goal we conceded. We're winning possession handily. Assuming you aren't including the Richards header chance in the box.

In theory - who is the best set piece taker on the team? Does anyone take them for club? Pulisic does sometimes. I would think Dest would be good but he may not have much experience. 

Aaronson maybe? I feel like I recall him having some nice ones for us now that I think about it. 

Edited by ztejas

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

In theory - who is the best set piece taker on the team? Does anyone take them for club? Pulisic does sometimes. I would think Dest would be good but he may not have much experience. 

I don't know about on-target shots, but Acosta was doing pretty well on set crosses and corners last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Of the players on the field, I would think that Dest is drastically better at set pieces than Puli.

On the bench, Acosta is far superior as well. 

The temperature does probably have something to do with the suckage, but Puli did have one good corner…

…check that, TWO good corners. 

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I don't know about on-target shots, but Acosta was doing pretty well on set crosses and corners last year.

Yeah but we aren't going to play Acosta just for set pieces. Maybe Pulisic is the answer lol. He has good ones he just has a lot of bad ones too. Wish they'd at least mix it up and let Aaronson take a few. (Or Dest)

Edited by ztejas

Just now, ztejas said:

I feel like Dest has played pretty good D for his standards down the right. 

Yeah, he's not been bad.

Credit Canada for their pinpoint one-touch passing on that goal-scoring counter. (And Richards for what appeared to be a bit of ball watching.)

Meanwhile, our guys kick it all over the field but always bottle it when approaching the 18-yard box. Whether it's showing too much of the ball or poorly aiming/weighting a pass, there's just not much precision to our efforts in the final third.

Truly amazed with what Herdman has accomplished in such a short span.

Canada is more than happy to cede possession and let us turn the ball over in the final third.  We have no 9 and no one who can unlock a defense with a killer pass.  

Turner was a 1 out of 10.  Awful distribution and weak effort on the goal.  Really shit performance from him.  

We always suck in the first half which really speak to greggg’s inability to gameplan.

• Hook 'Em 1