USMNT 2022

Napoleon

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

In theory - who is the best set piece taker on the team? Does anyone take them for club? Pulisic does sometimes. I would think Dest would be good but he may not have much experience. 

Aaronson maybe? I feel like I recall him having some nice ones for us now that I think about it. 

Reyna, Busio, Acosta. Of the players on the field, it's Pulisic. Seems like Dest would be good but I don't think I've ever seen him take one.

Just now, alincoln said:

Canada is more than happy to cede possession and let us turn the ball over in the final third.  We have no 9 and no one who can unlock a defense with a killer pass.  

Exactly.  Part of our possession dominance is that Canada doesn't feel threatened by it.  

I'd like to see Pepi sooner than later.  Zardes may have people skills or something, but I don't what else it is he does here.

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Matt Turner’s leg in action

They were talking about this. I’m not sure if he just mishit it or if we just had dudes not in the right position. It doesn’t seem like either keeper is getting much on it. Their keeper also muffed one at the beginning but we didn’t do squat with it. 

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Um, that looked a bit like a forearm shiver to the head and an acting job as if there had been a clash of heads instead??

But I might need to see it again...

Yeah but the ref had to stop play because McKennie had just flipped the field with a brilliant pass.