SOTU ‘22 (1 Mar) Thread of Awesomeness/Malarkey

TheStoicPaisano

I hate stuff like that because it needs to follow through. Test on the spot at a pharmacy, get pills if you're positive. As of a month ago it was still a pain in the ass to get my daughter boosted. We did get our free tests within a few days, so that was a positive.

Also nice words about schools, but in shit states like mine, they treat teachers like shit and underpay them, so any positives shuts the school down. He can't promise that when states are almost entirely responsible for schools, and states like mine are actively trying to dismantle public education.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, 'stache said:

I hate stuff like that because it needs to follow through. Test on the spot at a pharmacy, get pills if you're positive. As of a month ago it was still a pain in the ass to get my daughter boosted. We did get our free tests within a few days, so that was a positive.

It was a bitch to get boosted during the holiday rush of idiocy. You had trouble not during that time? I walked in and so did basically everyone else I know. Every fucking CVS Walmart HEB Walgreens has vaccines. 

Just now, 'stache said:

Also nice words about schools, but in shit states like mine, they treat teachers like shit and underpay them, so any positives shuts the school down. He can't promise that when states are almost entirely responsible for schools.

At least you know who's to blame.  

1 minute ago, immamac said:

It was a bitch to get boosted during the holiday rush of idiocy. You had trouble not during that time? I walked in and so did basically everyone else I know. Every fucking CVS Walmart HEB Walgreens has vaccines. 

It was in January. I had two online reservations cancelled because they ran out of the kid doses. I found a rural health department not too far away for her booster.