2018 Longhorns Countdown to Kickoff

Tex Pete

Can someone explain why we ever got away from Burnt Orange?
I've heard it was because the brighter Orange "pops" more on HD tv's, but don't know if that's the official stance of the AD or simply something that happened over time. iirc, there is "burnt orange" and then "Texas Orange", and I think we're using the latter. Who knows, we may be so used to the brighter color now that real burnt Orange would look too dull or brown...but I'm willing to give it a shot. On any given game day you can spot at least 5 different shades of orange in the stands/on the field, apparently it's a hard color to nail down.

4 hours ago, BurntOrange4Life said:

Can someone explain why we ever got away from Burnt Orange?

I would guess it had to do with Nike tinkering with our uniforms. They started with those dry fit patches on the front of the jerseys that looked weird, and I'm guessing they just couldn't stop themselves. 

25 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I would guess it had to do with Nike tinkering with our uniforms. They started with those dry fit patches on the front of the jerseys that looked weird, and I'm guessing they just couldn't stop themselves. 

Funnily enough I have a Nike Dri-Fit that's a good burnt orange. But yeah, it's apparently really tricky to get right on synthetic fabrics.

On 5/25/2018 at 12:59 AM, futureman said:

show me a loss. 

Well......possibly Maryland, USC, OU, KSU, TCU, OSU, ISU and 1 from baylor, TT, Tulsa, Kansas, and WV.  We are just not good.  Not yet anyway.  And still coached by tom herman and tim beck.  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 18

6 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

Well......possibly Maryland, USC, OU, KSU, TCU, OSU, ISU and 1 from baylor, TT, Tulsa, Kansas, and WV.  We are just not good.  Not yet anyway.  And still coached by tom herman and tim beck.  

Don't forget about this guy...

Image result for blue binder

8 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

Negged. If you're trying to be funny, way to fail. That shit isn't cute. Please fuck right off.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Negged. If you're trying to be funny, way to fail. That shit isn't cute. Please fuck right off.

OK. 

Maryland.....First game of the season.  OTR.  Young team.....Toss-up

USC......Strong opponent....should be a great game.....Toss-up

OU......see USC

KSU.....Purple Wizard....That is all

TCU....apparently we don't do purple very well....Probable loss

OSU....have struggled lately......Toss-up

ISU.....OTR.  We have struggled up there.  Is it a night game?  Toss-up if it is.

The rest, well.......Tim Beck

Not trying to be funny, not getting my hopes up either.  Hope I am wrong.

• Fuck You 9

3 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

OK. 

OU......see USC

ISU.....OTR.  We have struggled up there.  Is it a night game?  Toss-up if it is.

Negged. I get my hopes up no matter what! Kinda like walking into the bar hoping to score some primo poon. Ya win some, ya lose some. Cold streaks and hot streaks. Just gotta keep on keepin on..ya dig?

16 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

OK. 

OU......see USC

Negged.  You haven't even bothered to look at our schedule to realize we play Iowa State at home. 

• Like 1

Negged.  You haven't even bothered to look at our schedule to realize we play Iowa State at home. 
Froggy as well, but we do have to go to little Mahattan in what may be a farewell tour for the wizard..if they inform the refs of this fact we have no chance.