Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

16 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

IMG_0364.jpeg

Why is it a stigma in the US to eat at a restaurant by themselves?

When we were Japan, we saw plenty of men and women go to nice-ish restaurants and just enjoy the food without needing to talk to anyone.

One night, my daughter and I were craving katsu with curry, so we went to a restaurant with bar seating and plexiglass dividers between the seats. I’ve heard of them, but never actually seen it here in LA which has a pretty good Japanese population. 

8 minutes ago, Superhero said:

One night, my daughter and I were craving katsu with curry, so we went to a restaurant with bar seating and plexiglass dividers between the seats. I’ve heard of them, but never actually seen it here in LA which has a pretty good Japanese population. 

I've seen them here in the states(one restaurant I worked at used them between our booths when we were first opening back up during the pandemic) but not at the bar. We removed a few barstools and had people sit apart every 2 seats. 

Speaking of LA, were you getting katsu and curry in Little Tokyo? So many great places. 

7 hours ago, Hate said:

I love sitting at the bar and eating by myself. It’s probably the best thing about business travel. 

6 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I love a solo bar dinner more than anything in the world, and so does every other career sales/BD guy I know. 

Yup. I won't set at a table by myself unless the bar is full. But eating at a bar for lunch is at least once a week deal for me

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

I need help with this one

it's a pretty simple question... would you run around that track in under two hours for $600MM??  I think it's doable and most likely I would, but still, a good hypothetical.  a lot of people wouldn't.

15 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I love a solo bar dinner more than anything in the world, and so does every other career sales/BD guy I know. 

This.

Find a mid-level steakhouse chain (e.g. Morton's, Fleming's, Ruth Chris, Jeff Ruby's etc.) walking distance to the hotel and you get bread and butter, a bone-in ribeye and iced-tea, with tip, for $100 while getting to watch a game or catch up on emails.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1