Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

.65e1e5750c80437c8fb31cacc069dd36.jpg

Good luck finding a simple digital AM/FM clock these days that isn’t run off of Bluetooth, an iPhone dock etc. Amazons selections are shit and look like they belong in a college girls dorm. The current one in our office is from Best Buy and it’s the biggest pile of shit. It’s green numbers so it’s hard to read when it’s bright, and the pos will go staticky after every few weeks so you have to unplug it. If anyone has a link to something like this, post it please. We’d like to trash this one and go with old reliable
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Good luck finding a simple digital AM/FM clock these days that isn’t run off of Bluetooth, an iPhone dock etc. Amazons selections are shit and look like they belong in a college girls dorm. The current one in our office is from Best Buy and it’s the biggest pile of shit. It’s green numbers so it’s hard to read when it’s bright, and the pos will go staticky after every few weeks so you have to unplug it. If anyone has a link to something like this, post it please. We’d like to trash this one and go with old reliable

You can get one of these for < $10 @ CVS.    I can’t use phone as I’ll destroy it as takes me several snooze rounds before I’m up.  These are easy to shut the fuck up with fist pound.  

image.thumb.png.58c981bbb498c2e2edb7783a164770ec.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, tfoolry said:

You can get one of these for < $10 @ CVS.    I can’t use phone as I’ll destroy it as takes me several snooze rounds before I’m up.  These are easy to shut the fuck up with fist pound.  

Wife?  If so, all of my posts about you are joking, of course. Love you!  

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

You can get one of these for  

What cracked me up was the day about 5 years ago I did a full clean out of my old dop kit, including the internal zipped pocket…which contained the small travel alarm I bought at a Walgreens or some shit 20+ yrs ago when my previous one died.
There’s something that is officially obsolete and done.

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I still use an alarm clock on my nightstand because I like to be able to see at a glance what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee for the third time.

Kinda doubles as a lighthouse for bringing you back to bed safely too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

What cracked me up was the day about 5 years ago I did a full clean out of my old dop kit, including the internal zipped pocket…which contained the small travel alarm I bought at a Walgreens or some shit 20+ yrs ago when my previous one died.
There’s something that is officially obsolete and done.

Disagree. 

One morning when I had nothing especially important to do, the alarm clock on my phone absolutely did not go off. I wasn't late or anything, but if whatever weird fuckup caused that to happen were to replicate while I'm on a business trip, that could be a pretty serious problem for me. 

And wake up calls are not at all reliable, even in nice hotels, nor are the automated systems. 

So I've got a travel alarm clock as a backup in my bag and I use it frequently. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I still use an alarm clock on my nightstand because I like to be able to see at a glance what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night needing to pee for the third time.

Yep, this.  I keep it on the low setting which is much gentler on the eyes than a cell phone display (even if turned down low itself).  It's a warmer amber color than a cell phone.  And I don't have to worry about my old-school alarm clock sending me a damn amber alerts for Pampa at 3:20am.  And as somebody else stated, it guides you back to bed to avoid stubbing a toe, after a midnight piss.  

In most hotels, I'll usually use the nightstand bose thing they all seem to have for a little music in the morning and then an alarm at bedtime.  Caveat though is always check to see the thing is set to the appropriate local time.  I mean the hour is always right, but those things are somehow like 7 minutes off smartphone time.  

10 hours ago, tfoolry said:

I bet you can crank the fuck out of some Foghat on that and it sounds awesome!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2