Shriner's College Classic Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

I hate it that we're having Nixon throw so many pitches, but maybe tomorrow the lead is big enough he can be rested for Sunday.

Does Pierce even consider bringing in a new pitcher in the 9th in hopes of saving Nixon for a few pitches against Lsu ??

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I hate it that we're having Nixon throw so many pitches, but maybe tomorrow the lead is big enough he can be rested for Sunday.

Just now, Fletch said:

Seriously. Let him close it out. He can throw 70 or so pitches this year. And I highly doubt we’re going to need Nixon against UCLA. We’re going to destroy them

……..

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Stop. We have bullpen arms for days Nixon throwing 30 pitches tonight doesn’t rule him out for tonight or tomorrow. 

You and I would’ve included Southard as one of those “bullpen arms for days” and look what he did today. And yeah he might be technically ready for tomorrow but he could not be as fresh if you take off another 10 or so pitches

• Like 1

Just now, OB3 said:

You and I would’ve included Southard as one of those “bullpen arms for days” and look what he did today. And yeah he might be technically ready for tomorrow but he could not be as fresh if you take off another 10 or so pitches

Fortunately, near as I can tell, Southard threw no pitches today. 

18 minutes ago, Fletch said:

His arm will be a whip tomorrow. Seems like every time you can’t find the zone one night, the next your arm is loose and you’re pumping them in there 

^^^^^^^^

2 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Have you ever played baseball before? Your arm isn’t perfect every fucking night. Some nights it’s just not quite as loose as usual. The best day your arm is a whip is your damn near untouchable. In my and everyone I’ve ever played with along with an ocean of evidence to this being the case from years of playing and watching baseball. 

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So this is the Astro's network, no?

Why aren't they using the usual camera setup?  Or at least something other than the Webb telescope?

That’s what I was wondering. Seems like those guys might need some work.

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

^^^^^^^^

Have you ever played baseball before? Your arm isn’t perfect every fucking night. Some nights it’s just not quite as loose as usual. The best day your arm is a whip is your damn near untouchable. In my and everyone I’ve ever played with along with an ocean of evidence to this being the case from years of playing and watching baseball. 

Yea it’s not like your arm is 100% or 0%. And it’s not even necessarily just tied to getting pitches in. Sometimes it’s just right. Sometimes it’s not quite.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

^^^^^^^^

Yes I played for ehhhh about 15 years. I’m just saying I would rather have a arm I’ve consistently seen in that situation for closer games. Rather than I don’t know what this guy is gonna give me today

Just now, OB3 said:

Yes I played for ehhhh about 15 years. I’m just saying I would rather have a arm I’ve consistently seen in that situation for closer games. Rather than I don’t know what this guy is gonna give me today

Yea but if that’s the argument why not secure the win tonight? It’s not like this was sealed up when they put runners on. The tying run was on deck. Secure the win today. Worry about tomorrow tomorrow