Texas @ South Carolina Series Thread

Horny Bull

3 hours ago, chase25 said:

Big win, bats had Pete’s back when he had an off day in less than stellar pitching conditions. Now go win 2 tomorrow boys!

Yeah, they needed a good win after their last 3 games.  Played with a lot more energy today!!!  🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m relieved if they hate us we already know we hate them. We aren’t a part of their fucked up culture. Finally, “we’re Texas” might be a useful slogan. Fuck those mouth breathers. South ain’t gonna rise at shit, not while texas baseball is in town.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I sat behind his family at a game last year (they were rowdy and awesome, btw) and they were really pushing Latino Bambino instead of Hispanic Titanic, which I totally approve of. 

Hmmmm who pushed that nickname harder than anyone? image.thumb.jpeg.8a4bec44c6f5cfca849773856d40f538.jpeg

Does this finally mean…..?

image.gif.2e4e242115a6f554f2d78eabbd955f9b.gif

5 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Maybe the same reason Southard has barely pitched any the last few years. Pierce's doghouse?

I would assume so but fuck. Been here since 2020. Starter a DH a little in the 17 games we played in 2020 then nothing since. If he’s been in the doghouse this damn long why hasn’t he left for “academic reasons” or some bull shit?

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

Nice win. Hodo, Faltine , Ivan all shined. This team has the IT factor. 

I mentioned it in passing and no one corrected me during the game, so...

Is there really any argument that Faltine isn't the best SS in the country so far? I mean - maybe there's some dude hitting .400 with 12 double plays against a legit schedule I'm unaware of. I just find it hard to believe Trey isn't the #1 guy you'd want to have right now. He's slugging .611 (which is fucking absurd considering what he did at the plate last year) and fielding over .950 with 4 DPs.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mentioned it in passing and no one corrected me during the game, so...

Is there really any argument that Faltine isn't the best SS in the country so far? I mean - maybe there's some dude hitting .400 with 12 double plays against a legit schedule I'm unaware of. I just find it hard to believe Trey isn't the #1 guy you'd want to have right now. He's slugging .611 (which is fucking absurd considering what he did at the plate last year) and fielding over .950 with 4 DPs.

I called golden spikes on him a few weeks ago. I agree with you. I watch , listen or follow every Texas game, so I only see him on the regular, but it would be hard to a 5 tool SS like him , imo 

20 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I hate to say this, because I like his swagger, but his attitude might cost him awards like that. That being said, I doubt he gives a fuck if we win the natty. 

I don't know. I feel like while other teams don't like us the college baseball media does. We put the sport on the map in an important way and get a proportional amount of coverage. I wouldn't be surprised if Faltine or Ivan won golden spikes if we do something like wire to wire #1 ranking. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't know. I feel like while other teams don't like us the college baseball media does. We put the sport on the map in an important way and get a proportional amount of coverage. I wouldn't be surprised if Faltine or Ivan won golden spikes if we do something like wire to wire #1 ranking. 

I'm honestly not clued in as to who votes on GS and what affects it. I guess I'm just burned on ESPN fucking up the Heisman for the last 20 years. 

5 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I'm honestly not clued in as to who votes on GS and what affects it. I guess I'm just burned on ESPN fucking up the Heisman for the last 20 years. 

And the golden spikes is annoying as shit. Kieschink, Scott Bryant, Stubbs, Russell, Jungmann, Payton, Kody. Non of them have won the GS. That alone makes the award irrelevant 

• Hook 'Em 3

Yeah it’s exactly like the heisman where it’s like “of course I’d like one of our dudes to win one, still sorta means something…..but if not, whatever….” Individual awards are awesome and typically mean your team is awesome, which is awesome. 

Thisimage.thumb.jpeg.46cece902508364ddd31256e4cd5b058.jpeg

and this are a lot cooler though 

image.jpeg.9667bbf7e190a337c8422bb6888f1a5c.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, troph said:

I’m relieved if they hate us we already know we hate them. We aren’t a part of their fucked up culture. Finally, “we’re Texas” might be a useful slogan. Fuck those mouth breathers. South ain’t gonna rise at shit, not while texas baseball is in town.

Texas explaining to SEC ……

image.jpeg.cb21bffc30845f1e661ad15690520ad1.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, troph said:

Um, we are going to fit right in with the SEC.

11 hours ago, Fletch said:

And the golden spikes is annoying as shit. Kieschink, Scott Bryant, Stubbs, Russell, Jungmann, Payton, Kody. Non of them have won the GS. That alone makes the award irrelevant 

Brooks won two Howser awards and didn’t win the GS. That award is just dumb apparently. Stubbs was prolly never good enough to win it. Same with Payton. How Scott Bryant never won it is ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Funny, but no. There's not much difference between the fan bases of Texas and SEC schools. 

I mean there is not much difference between any college sports fanbase. But that's not the point!

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2