NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Oh no players can make money and get luxury cars after being exploited for decades! I'll stop watching!!!!!!! muh amateurism! 

Dumbest shit ever, especially given that NIL will be a place where we can be at the top of the food chain.

Don't care about them making money, I care about the structure...or lack thereof, around it.  Combined w/ the wild west that is the portal....fubar. 

And we've been around the "top" of the cfb food chain for all of 7-8 years of the last 40.  Not holding my breath. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I saw that Bijan's Lambo deal is a one-year thing. Wonder if it would be in Lambo's interest to sign him to a multi-year endorsement so that when he goes on to the pros, if he becomes a star, he'll have potentially broader NFL exposure. 

The NIL deals can't extend past their collegiate eligibility. It would need to be a new deal.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The NIL deals can't extend past their collegiate eligibility. It would need to be a new deal.

Why? It's an endorsement deal. It's supposed to be separate from their status as a collegiate football player. Why couldn't it be a multi-year deal that runs into their professional career? 

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Or else…what? I guess either side could take the other to court to say the contract is unenforceable, but no one else is going to come in and say, “you can’t do that!” in an enforceable way. 

I will say it makes absolutely no sense to me that any of these deals are longer than a year. You don’t want to be the Austin Lambo dealership having your endorser driving around Tuscaloosa in your car. There’s always another star Texas athlete out there. Assuming it makes sense to keep signing these deals, but that’s their decision. 

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

Why? It's an endorsement deal. It's supposed to be separate from their status as a collegiate football player. Why couldn't it be a multi-year deal that runs into their professional career? 

Just now, SL Xpress said:

Or else…what? I guess either side could take the other to court to say the contract is unenforceable, but no one else is going to come in and say, “you can’t do that!” in an enforceable way. 

I will say it makes absolutely no sense to me that any of these deals are longer than a year. You don’t want to be the Austin Lambo dealership having your endorser driving around Tuscaloosa in your car. There’s always another star Texas athlete out there. Assuming it makes sense to keep signing these deals, but that’s their decision. 

Saw on another board that Burnt Endz had this issue with regards to the tight end dinner and such. Maybe @RGBIII or @immamac can explain

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Saw on another board that Burnt Endz had this issue with regards to the tight end dinner and such. Maybe @RGBIII or @immamac can explain

But they’re being conscientious about following the rules and doing things right. 

I’d love to see them weigh in on what consequences they fear other than not being in UT’s good graces - which is important. Or entering into an unenforceable contract. Which is certainly not ideal, but parties knowingly do it all the time, particularly when it’s done in gray areas of the law. 

There are two different aspects here. One, is it against the rules, which has some importance, but my priority is who is supposed to enforce things when they’re done outside the rules? Basically the school could always cut off different levels of access and make a rule breaker feel like a pariah, but what happens when that dynamic either doesn’t exist, or the perpetrator doesn’t actually care about that as a consequence? 

Theoretically the Texas Attorney General could weigh in, or the local district attorney. Is that really going to happen? Is that going on right now with A&M’s recruiting class?

26 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

it's literally not legal under current NIL rules.

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

it's literally not legal under current NIL rules.

It's also not legal to own more than 5 dildos in the state of texas but no one has stopped southaustin's mom. 

Being illegal doesn't matter if no one enforces it

• Hook 'Em 1

We got fucked up on the dinner because of the lack of bowl game and Cade Brewers eligibility getting fucked up and no one sticking around after the last game. We talk about it openly on the podcast you don't need to go to other boards to get that information. 

What else are they supposed to do? Was someone expecting anything different? 

Get ready for NIL numbers - the ones we hear about anyway - to go way up for the upcoming signing class. There’s literally no real downward pressure on prices, and a lot of upwards pressure. 

And for those of you looking for some kind of “market correction” - if there is one it’s going to be more of a Dutch tulip correction, or a October 29, 1929, or a Lehman Brothers being allowed to fail than some kind of nice soft landing. Plenty of irrational forces at play, with a woeful lack of transparency, and no corrective regulatory actions available. The best solution from a Texas fan standpoint is dig deeper into your wallets, and hope the whales have a huge appetite for this stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

But they’re being conscientious about following the rules and doing things right. 

I’d love to see them weigh in on what consequences they fear other than not being in UT’s good graces - which is important. Or entering into an unenforceable contract. Which is certainly not ideal, but parties knowingly do it all the time, particularly when it’s done in gray areas of the law. 

There are two different aspects here. One, is it against the rules, which has some importance, but my priority is who is supposed to enforce things when they’re done outside the rules? Basically the school could always cut off different levels of access and make a rule breaker feel like a pariah, but what happens when that dynamic either doesn’t exist, or the perpetrator doesn’t actually care about that as a consequence? 

Theoretically the Texas Attorney General could weigh in, or the local district attorney. Is that really going to happen? Is that going on right now with A&M’s recruiting class?

An NIL contract is different than a 1099 employee or  even independent contract. We could hire Cade Brewer as Surly spokeperson emeritus or some shit because hes no longer an eligible student athlete, but we could not give him an NIL deal since he no longer has eligibility. An NIL contract that passes through Texas compliance has to be terminated upon the students eligibility expiring otherwise we wont be able to enter into the agreement in the first place

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

An NIL contract is different than a 1099 employee or  even independent contract. We could hire Cade Brewer as Surly spokeperson emeritus or some shit because hes no longer an eligible student athlete, but we could not give him an NIL deal since he no longer has eligibility. An NIL contract that passes through Texas compliance has to be terminated upon the students eligibility expiring otherwise we wont be able to enter into the agreement in the first place

Right, but we’ve also talked about NIL deals that don’t go through compliance. That’s the distinction I made above. You guys are doing it the right way, which precludes all kinds of activities someone not bound by that frame of reference would be unconcerned with. 

I guess my question would be - with no need to answer it - if you chose to sign someone to an NIL contract without going through UT compliance, what kind of enforcement mechanism do you believe would kick in? Because outside of whatever pressures the UT athletic department could bring to bear for not playing ball nicely, there’s nobody else out there, realistically. 

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Right, but we’ve also talked about NIL deals that don’t go through compliance. That’s the distinction I made above. You guys are doing it the right way, which precludes all kinds of activities someone not bound by that frame of reference would be unconcerned with. 

I guess my question would be - with no need to answer it - if you chose to sign someone to an NIL contract without going through UT compliance, what kind of enforcement mechanism do you believe would kick in? Because outside of whatever pressures the UT athletic department could bring to bear for not playing ball nicely, there’s nobody else out there, realistically. 

We couldn't, there arent any Texas NIL deals that dont go through compliance unless it is a simple autograph. Everything else has to run through compliance and/or opendorse. Anything that doesnt pass through a university compliance department (cough aggy cough), is illegal by NCAA rules and probably the government as well

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

We couldn't, there arent any Texas NIL deals that dont go through compliance unless it is a simple autograph. Everything else has to run through compliance and/or opendorse. Anything that doesnt pass through a university compliance department (cough aggy cough), is illegal by NCAA rules and probably the government as well

Right. But when you say you couldn't, you obviously could, because it's being done.

And when you say it's against NCAA rules the NCAA has consistently stated the position there's not anything they can do about it.

So then you're looking at either Ken Paxton or the local district attorney coming after you. We can argue how likely that is, but in the case of big state schools with powerful alumni that want to win at football, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the chance is zero. There is zero chance that's going to occur.

I'm not advocating for doing this. I'm saying it's being done right now, it's going to continue to be done, and there's no real countervailing force that's going to legitimately stop it, or even slow it down.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Right. But when you say you couldn't, you obviously could, because it's being done.

And when you say it's against NCAA rules the NCAA has consistently stated the position there's not anything they can do about it.

So then you're looking at either Ken Paxton or the local district attorney coming after you. We can argue how likely that is, but in the case of big state schools with powerful alumni that want to win at football, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the chance is zero. There is zero chance that's going to occur.

I'm not advocating for doing this. I'm saying it's being done right now, it's going to continue to be done, and there's no real countervailing force that's going to legitimately stop it, or even slow it down.

Not disagreeing at all, just stating from my perspective where we are actually doing it correctly, especially because there is zero reason to do it illegally  

Just now, RGBIII said:

Not disagreeing at all, just stating from my perspective where we are actually doing it correctly, especially because there is zero reason to do it illegally  

When you say there is zero reason to do it outside the NIL rules as stated by the state legislature and the NCAA guidelines, do you feel like A&M has an unfair recruiting advantage by signing high school players to NIL deals as a strong enticement to sign letters of intent with A&M football? 

The way I would phrase it is there are plenty of inducements available while following NIL guidelines, especially since those NIL guidelines are more likely to become even more lenient over time rather than more restrictive. That will at least make Texas highly competitive when it comes to recruiting to the point they can field championship level teams assuming other factors like evaluation, development, strategic and tactical leadership, and salesmanship are at a highly competitive level as well. 

Nonetheless, A&M isn't doing what they're doing for shits and giggles, and there isn't an outcry from people like Saban and Kiffen - neither of whom are exactly poster children for how to run clean programs and do things the "right way" - because there's no advantage being gained. 

To me it's important to distinguish that Texas needs to maximize NIL opportunities. They can do so without breaking state law and NCAA guidelines and still be effective at a championship level. The more money the better. But the reasons to do so are not because the ramifications are so severe for breaking the rules. There are no ramifications outside of what pressure the schools themselves bring to bear.

Well, that's not true. The other ramification is if someone tries to hold someone to an NIL contract signed outside the bounds of the law, then no court is going to recognize it. And that is a serious ramification. But it's not the same as some kind of presumptive enforcement penalty. That doesn't exist.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, AP101S said:

Spoiler

When Michigan State football players launched the East Lansing NIL Club earlier this week, they set off a new era of collectives in college sports.

The player-led group is the first of its kind. Aimed at connecting the athletes directly to fans, it takes out the third party. Collectives have been the biggest trend to emerge in the new era of NIL. Often founded by prominent alumni and influential supporters, school-specific collectives pool funds from a wide swath of donors to help create NIL opportunities for student-athletes through an array of activities.

Typically independent of the university, collectives look to support players financially. This latest launch from Michigan State has the same action plan, but fan engagement will be the driving force.

“Basically, as a team, we got together and just wanted to do something good for us,” Michigan State safety Dillon Tatum told On3. “We can make a little bit of profit for all the entire team. You know, something we can make our own. Just get out there and reach out to Spartan Nations because of how much they love us and how much we love them. Give them opportunity to see more of us.”

The East Lansing NIL Club launched earlier this week when Michigan State players started to post messages on Twitter. The club plans to allow fans to purchase passes for access to in-person events with players. Participating players will split the proceeds equally.

A limited number of passes will begin to go on sale in July, and an early access list is available. Passes will only be good for one season. Fans who purchase passes for the 2022 season will be given early access to 2023 passes.

Fans also can buy multiple passes, which can be re-sold using blockchain technology on the ELNC site. Merchandise will soon be on sale, too.

Tatum told On3 the idea came from the upperclassmen on the team. The freshman and former four-star recruit said the root cause behind the player-driven collective was to keep the control with the players. They don’t want NIL to become the distraction that hinders them from competing for Big Ten championships.

Players can opt in or out of the program.

“This is just me personally, I think maybe we’ll get like position groups to go to events a fan wants us at,” he said. “Or we can do videos, like just put on there to appreciate the fan. We can also do behind the at scenes practice, I think that will like do very well. And maybe even play video games.

“A lot of people who watch football love video games. Maybe they get a chance to play with one of their favorite players on the Michigan State football team. I know if I was in ninth high grade and I got to play with a big-time college football player, I’d be bragging to all my friends about it.”

East Lansing NIL Club relationship with Michigan State

Possibly the most interesting piece of this player-led collective is the role the university can plan in this. While each state has its own rules about the relationship between a collective and institution, there is no previous relationship to look back on as a framework.

For the ELNC, the plan is to keep it player run. But that doesn’t mean they haven’t had conversations with the coaching staff about their plans. The only piece that would break NCAA rules is assistants directing the student-athletes how to operate the organization.

“So we can talk to them about it, but per NCAA rule, they can’t help us with it,” Tatum said. “So we can say something, but they’re not gonna say, ‘Oh, I can shoot you here or you should talk to this person.’ I mean everyone’s excited and is on board. When we meet about it, we only meet as players never meet with coaches. It’s very good for us.”

While Michigan State has launched multiple programs to set its athletes up for success in the NIL era, boosters have not launched a collective.

Tatum was also blunt — the goal for these Michigan State players is not to fund recruiting. Collectives have started to play a larger role in recruiting since an unnamed five-star prospect in the Class of 2023 signed a contract with an unnamed school’s collective that could pay him more than $8 million. Quarterback is Nico Iamaleava is suspected to be the recruit.

“If you if you come to become part of Michigan State, we expect you to be here all four years and give your all for the team. It wasn’t to get more attention for recruiting, it was just for the team,” he said in regards to recruiting and the transfer portal.

New trend across college football

Auburn football players announced on Wednesday night that they have launched a player-led collective. Titled “The Plains NIL Club,” the organization is set to start selling memberships in July.

The move follows only days after the ELNC announcement.

Experts are not surprised by players making a move to have a seat at the table. The move also gives student-athletes the opportunity to have the cash funnel directly to them.

“I’m not surprised that they are giving it a try,” said Mit Winter, a sports attorney at Kansas City-based Kennyhertz Perry LLC. “With players running the collective, theoretically more of the revenue generated by the collective will flow to the players than with a collective run by a third-party business.”

And on top of that, the accessibility to coaching staffs is much easier.

“Even if a state law prevents a school and its employees from communicating with a collective, the school and employees would still be communicating with the athletes about other things,” Winter added. “If there is strict adherence to a law like that they’d be prevented from talking about the collective and its activities, but it would be difficult to keep athletics issues and collective issues separate when talking.”

The player driven collectives don’t feel like game changers to me. It is interesting, though. I hope they have a great deal of success with it. Hard to keep everyone happy with that kind of stuff, though. That would be my first thought. People are quick to blame others for playing favorites, or not doing enough to ensure their personal success. But hopefully that’s not a factor.

It’s just tough to get people moving in the same direction, in general. The people who are good at it tend to be extremely successful. But it seems like a great exercise.

Edit: BTW, I found the article right below it about the “SEC would suffer defeat after defeat in court” if they tried to regulate NIL a lot more fascinating and pertinent. Nothing new there, but just more confirmation of my already existing world view. 

Edited by SL Xpress

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

When you say there is zero reason to do it outside the NIL rules as stated by the state legislature and the NCAA guidelines, do you feel like A&M has an unfair recruiting advantage by signing high school players to NIL deals as a strong enticement to sign letters of intent with A&M football? 

The way I would phrase it is there are plenty of inducements available while following NIL guidelines, especially since those NIL guidelines are more likely to become even more lenient over time rather than more restrictive. That will at least make Texas highly competitive when it comes to recruiting to the point they can field championship level teams assuming other factors like evaluation, development, strategic and tactical leadership, and salesmanship are at a highly competitive level as well. 

Nonetheless, A&M isn't doing what they're doing for shits and giggles, and there isn't an outcry from people like Saban and Kiffen - neither of whom are exactly poster children for how to run clean programs and do things the "right way" - because there's no advantage being gained. 

To me it's important to distinguish that Texas needs to maximize NIL opportunities. They can do so without breaking state law and NCAA guidelines and still be effective at a championship level. The more money the better. But the reasons to do so are not because the ramifications are so severe for breaking the rules. There are no ramifications outside of what pressure the schools themselves bring to bear.

Well, that's not true. The other ramification is if someone tries to hold someone to an NIL contract signed outside the bounds of the law, then no court is going to recognize it. And that is a serious ramification. But it's not the same as some kind of presumptive enforcement penalty. That doesn't exist.

Cause those aren’t NIL deals, they are trying to paint their former…deals…and turn them into NIL but my pending FOIA request says they are not NIL deals. And honestly, if they should be worried about anyone it should be the IRS who actually has teeth. And really we need to maximize our NIL budget as something to do legally and not what anyone outside of Texas is currently doing. Rules are rules and you can play by them and how awesome would it be to stand there unscathed when the nuke goes off

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Cause those aren’t NIL deals, they are trying to paint their former…deals…and turn them into NIL but my pending FOIA request says they are not NIL deals. And honestly, if they should be worried about anyone it should be the IRS who actually has teeth. And really we need to maximize our NIL budget as something to do legally and not what anyone outside of Texas is currently doing. Rules are rules and you can play by them and how awesome would it be to stand there unscathed when the nuke goes off

I want to be clear I’m not the guy who went off the rails about doing legitimate NIL deals not being enough. As far as I’m concerned you’re doing God’s work. I don’t see any reason you should be looking to expand your mission beyond what is allowed by law and NCAA guidelines. 

That said, I do not believe there’s any forthcoming nuke. Players need to pay their taxes on NIL deals, but that’s true whether compliance exists or not. There’s not going to be a federal government task force formed a la Al Capone to shut down shifty NIL participants. If you believe you’re going to make headway with your FOIA request, more power to you. 

My point remains the same. There’s no mechanism to punish ne’er do wells. There’s some incentive for ne’er do wells to do their ne’er do-welling. Hoping that someone is going to come along and do something about it is being naive, IMO. The best antidote is to continue to pump more money into legitimate NIL, because it does make a difference. 

3 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I want to be clear I’m not the guy who went off the rails about doing legitimate NIL deals not being enough. As far as I’m concerned you’re doing God’s work. I don’t see any reason you should be looking to expand your mission beyond what is allowed by law and NCAA guidelines. 

That said, I do not believe there’s any forthcoming nuke. Players need to pay their taxes on NIL deals, but that’s true whether compliance exists or not. There’s not going to be a federal government task force formed a la Al Capone to shut down shifty NIL participants. If you believe you’re going to make headway with your FOIA request, more power to you. 

My point remains the same. There’s no mechanism to punish ne’er do wells. There’s some incentive for ne’er do wells to do their ne’er do-welling. Hoping that someone is going to come along and do something about it is being naive, IMO. The best antidote is to continue to pump more money into legitimate NIL, because it does make a difference. 

Your last sentence sums it up and is why we are acting the way we are. Saban shouldnt be throwing stones in a glass house, yet he continues to do so for a reason. I think the nuke is there and we honestly dont know who planted it nor do we know who is going to light it. Only thing I can do in my control is to make sure we are outside the blast zone

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

There are no civil or criminal penalties for violating the NIL rules, except the university can rule a player in violation ineligible.  There's really nothing for the AG or a DA to enforce.

Contracts in violation of the rules would presumably be, as you noted, voidable by either party as against public policy (as set forth in the rules).

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

22 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

There are no civil or criminal penalties for violating the NIL rules, except the university can rule a player in violation ineligible.  There's really nothing for the AG or a DA to enforce.

Contracts in violation of the rules would presumably be, as you noted, voidable by either party as against public policy (as set forth in the rules).

The state made a law governing NIL with no repercussions for breaking that law?  

On 6/9/2022 at 1:48 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.4529fe914b51007af248f6234ccc8378.png

LMAO! Snitch on yourself and help us please.

This is how it has always worked. Only once in a blue moon does a program get as careless as Ole Miss (penalties were light compared to the things going on in Oxford anyway). Not only do you have to turn yourself in, you have to cooperate with the investigation; otherwise, very little happens. Even with cooperation, the punishment doesn't usually fit the crime. The only time I've ever seen a penalty fit the crime, outside of a SMU, would be when there's some rogue penalty, not systematic cheating, that didn't really help a program all the much in the long run and the school is bent on getting itself in trouble. 

Texas had a larger compliance department than the entire NCAA (not sure if it still does or not). And it's there to find violations and help "prosecute" Texas. Who does that in the real world? It's supposed to be the other way around. Doesn't work that way at just about every other school. Most schools are trying to stop it from reaching the NCAA office. And the NCAA winks and silently says thank you for keeping it under wraps and not including us in your mess.

The NCAA doesn't care about the fake rules. They've always just wanted it done under the table in order to keep all the money for the universities. All in the name of "amateurism". Can't wait when the head is finally cut off of this monster.  If any president from Texas, Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan or Notre Dame picks up the phone and says "enough", then this thing is over. Stop being greedy and end this abortion.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

This is how it has always worked. Only once in a blue moon does a program get as careless as Ole Miss (penalties were light compared to the things going on in Oxford anyway). Not only do you have to turn yourself in, you have to cooperate with the investigation; otherwise, very little happens. Even with cooperation, the punishment doesn't usually fit the crime. The only time I've ever seen a penalty fit the crime, outside of a SMU, would be when there's some rogue penalty, not systematic cheating, that didn't really help a program all the much in the long run and the school is bent on getting itself in trouble. 

Texas had a larger compliance department than the entire NCAA (not sure if it still does or not). And it's there to find violations and help "prosecute" Texas. Who does that in the real world? It's supposed to be the other way around. Doesn't work that way at just about every other school. Most schools are trying to stop it from reaching the NCAA office. And the NCAA winks and silently says thank you for keeping it under wraps and not including us in your mess.

The NCAA doesn't care about the fake rules. They've always just wanted it done under the table in order to keep all the money for the universities. All in the name of "amateurism". Can't wait when the head is finally cut off of this monster.  If any president from Texas, Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan or Notre Dame picks up the phone and says "enough", then this thing is over. Stop being greedy and end this abortion.

Tell me you've never dealt with big managed consulting firms without telling me you've never dealt with big managed consulting firms.

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

All I want for Christmas is for A&M to get busted by the NCAA and put on probation with harsh penalties. That would be a great Xmas present. 

I'd be OK with Sankey reconsidering the Bjork email and suspending Saban for the week of the UT game. Not that it would affect the outcome, but just to see the Aggy reaction.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/9/2022 at 9:56 AM, SL Xpress said:

Bijan may not want to sign a deal that extends beyond a year. As a pro, he is likely to attract much better terms.

32 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Bijan may not want to sign a deal that extends beyond a year. As a pro, he is likely to attract much better terms.

You think?

I feel like any NIL deal that extends beyond one year is not a good idea with college players, especially when we’re talking about legitimate marketing for local businesses, so it seems like if the player only wants a one year deal in the first place that’s a secondary consideration.

But UT is in such a unique position being in the largest city in the country with no major pro sports clubs. How many NFL teams have a local car dealership that are going to sign an NIL deal with a rookie running back? Especially given where running backs are valued in the draft these days. Sure, he makes a pro bowl or two and becomes one of the faces of the franchise, I can see it. But out of the draft? Very doubtful his profile is going to resemble what it is in Austin right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

You think?

I feel like any NIL deal that extends beyond one year is not a good idea with college players, especially when we’re talking about legitimate marketing for local businesses, so it seems like if the player only wants a one year deal in the first place that’s a secondary consideration.

But UT is in such a unique position being in the largest city in the country with no major pro sports clubs. How many NFL teams have a local car dealership that are going to sign an NIL deal with a rookie running back? Especially given where running backs are valued in the draft these days. Sure, he makes a pro bowl or two and becomes one of the faces of the franchise, I can see it. But out of the draft? Very doubtful his profile is going to resemble what it is in Austin right now. 

Do you know the terms of Bijan's NIL deal with lambo? It could just be the privilege of free rental for a year, which isn't worth much in dollar terms. Let's say a lambo costs $300k and has a 10-year depreciable life, you're talking only $30k value per year. Bijan probably would just buy one when he goes pro.

32 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Do you know the terms of Bijan's NIL deal with lambo? It could just be the privilege of free rental for a year, which isn't worth much in dollar terms. Let's say a lambo costs $300k and has a 10-year depreciable life, you're talking only $30k value per year. Bijan probably would just buy one when he goes pro.

That would just about cover the insurance cost.  Depending on the capitalized costs, I would guess it is closer to $90,000 value per year.  

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Why does that matter? The fact that he's driving around in a Lambo is just a NIL status flex.....most recruits/players wouldn't care about the value of the Lambo as long as they're driving it due to the image it gives off.

28 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why does that matter? The fact that he's driving around in a Lambo is just a NIL status flex.....most recruits/players wouldn't care about the value of the Lambo as long as they're driving it due to the image it gives off.

It doesn't matter. I was just speculating on why a player may not want an NIL deal to extend beyond their time on campus. You guys carry on.