NIL Recruiting News Megathread

texifornia

10 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Saban will probably somewhat walk back his comments and frame it as commentary on the post-NIL landscape and not A&M doing anything illegal (which of course everyone knows is bullshit, but whatever it’s college football). Nothing will happen to A&M, and anyone hoping otherwise probably thinks Waddle is on his way to Austin.

I don't think he will. He wouldn't say what he did if he wasn't looking for a response. 

So, what some of you are missing when you say "what can the blue bloods do" in a coordinated sense to them is they can right and proper fuck aggy up the ass with no lube (Cue aggy "don't threaten me with a good time" response) through NIL stuff.  
If aggy got too big for their britches (they did) and if it pissed off other people (it did) and if those other people wanted to teach them a lesson (they do) they could engage in a coordinated attack on the aggy roster to bring them down to size.

Imagine what would happen to those dip shits if Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, USC, Florida, LSU, Auburn, MIchigan, Ohio State and Oklahoma all got together and said- why don't we each pick one of their top ten guys and recruit them into the portal (kind of like Addison).  We don't need to fight against each other, we can just go each pick someone different to go after.  How are they going to make payroll then, if they are having to write high 6 to mid 7 figure checks to keep everyone on their team that's worth a damn that someone else wanted to come get.  
They might be able to stave off some depletion of the roster but that damn sure wouldn't leave much left to be throwing around on the recruiting trail.

My guess is that there will exist a MAD scenario where blue bloods don't go poaching each others players for fear of reprisals and it's just bad business. There's a reason why the Players Association in baseball screams collusion all the time- the owners do it so that they can hold down price on players b/c it's effective.  If we cost SC an extra $500,000.00 on Addison (or land him) you think they are going to think it was a good idea to try to recruit X into the portal?  Or they going to think twice the next time around.  But if aggy is targeted in the shower that is NIL/Portal marketplace they gonna get gang raped and I'm here for it.  
They really ought to shut their mouth and know their place.  They are really bad at both those things. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, what some of you are missing when you say "what can the blue bloods do" in a coordinated sense to them is they can right and proper fuck aggy up the ass with no lube (Cue aggy "don't threaten me with a good time" response) through NIL stuff.  
If aggy got too big for their britches (they did) and if it pissed off other people (it did) and if those other people wanted to teach them a lesson (they do) they could engage in a coordinated attack on the aggy roster to bring them down to size.

Imagine what would happen to those dip shits if Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, USC, Florida, LSU, Auburn, MIchigan, Ohio State and Oklahoma all got together and said- why don't we each pick one of their top ten guys and recruit them into the portal (kind of like Addison).  We don't need to fight against each other, we can just go each pick someone different to go after.  How are they going to make payroll then, if they are having to write high 6 to mid 7 figure checks to keep everyone on their team that's worth a damn that someone else wanted to come get.  
They might be able to stave off some depletion of the roster but that damn sure wouldn't leave much left to be throwing around on the recruiting trail.

My guess is that there will exist a MAD scenario where blue bloods don't go poaching each others players for fear of reprisals and it's just bad business. There's a reason why the Players Association in baseball screams collusion all the time- the owners do it so that they can hold down price on players b/c it's effective.  If we cost SC an extra $500,000.00 on Addison (or land him) you think they are going to think it was a good idea to try to recruit X into the portal?  Or they going to think twice the next time around.  But if aggy is targeted in the shower that is NIL/Portal marketplace they gonna get gang raped and I'm here for it.  
They really ought to shut their mouth and know their place.  They are really bad at both those things. 

There is a 3 year lifespan and only 1 free xfer. This will never happen. 

7 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’m not holding my breath at all… BUT if you were to envision a scenario where aggy gets busted, it’s hard to imagine it unfolding much differently than what has happened over the last few months.

Piss off the wrong programs? CHECK
Create a general public perception of shadiness? CHECK
NCAA desperately searching for something to prove that they are not worthless? CHECK?

If you’re the NCAA and you want to show you still have purpose, without pissing off any of the blue bloods and without having to get into a drawn out legal NIL battle, aggy’s 2022 recruiting class is honestly manna from heaven.

Again, not saying I have any faith that something will happen, I’m just saying the stars are aligning for even the possibility.

Anchorman Boy That Escalated Quickly GIF - Anchorman Boy That Escalated  Quickly Escalated Quickly - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

There is a 3 year lifespan and only 1 free xfer. This will never happen. 

I'm aware of both of those things- my question would be... so what and/or why not?

I don't see either of those situations stopping teams from making runs at the roster at aggy.  The entirety of the recruiting class they just signed could be up for poaching in a coordinated way.  And it should be noted I'm not saying that any program in the country is exempt from this.  Texas could have the biggest war chest but if some Boone Pickens like booster decided that they were a QB away from a national title they could always go ahead and offer some absurd number that UT wouldn't match in a context of the rest of the roster.  That's why I think there will be collusion to keep out of bidding wars between blue bloods. If there's one clown show around the country that could piss people off enough to get out the sharp knives its aggy. You saw it with UT/OU to the SEC and now you are seeing it with shattering the peace that's been going on for a couple decades at least in the SEC.  They piss people off.  Other people aren't helpless to sit back and take it.  Every single one of the 22 class could be fair game as early as next February and they'd all have the free transfer and years left. 

3 hours ago, futureman said:

I don’t know why any of this amuses you. nothing will happen to a&m and they are assembling and will continue to assemble an elite roster. they have money and will continue to pay. jimbo can say what he wants, college station will support him unapologetically, and they’ll keep pushing it until they are in the playoff and maybe even win one. and then they’ll be exponentially more insufferable than they ever have been. there isn’t anything to like about any of this. 

Except Jimbo all but asked for an immediate visit from NCAA investigators, not for a&m itself, but the fact he said Saban is a cheater and always has been pre-NIL included and every coach who worked for him knows this and how it was done. Problem is Jimbo is one of those coaches. He made it pretty clear he knows of cheating and how it happened. I'm not sure the genie can go back into the bottle on this one. The NCAA does have leverage over him to make him talk.

21 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Except Jimbo all but asked for an immediate visit from NCAA investigators, not for a&m itself, but the fact he said Saban is a cheater and always has been pre-NIL included and every coach who worked for him knows this and how it was done. Problem is Jimbo is one of those coaches. He made it pretty clear he knows of cheating and how it happened. I'm not sure the genie can go back into the bottle on this one. The NCAA does have leverage over him to make him talk.

nothing will happen. A&M will sign another huge class in 2023. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I'm aware of both of those things- my question would be... so what and/or why not?

I don't see either of those situations stopping teams from making runs at the roster at aggy.  The entirety of the recruiting class they just signed could be up for poaching in a coordinated way.  And it should be noted I'm not saying that any program in the country is exempt from this.  Texas could have the biggest war chest but if some Boone Pickens like booster decided that they were a QB away from a national title they could always go ahead and offer some absurd number that UT wouldn't match in a context of the rest of the roster.  That's why I think there will be collusion to keep out of bidding wars between blue bloods. If there's one clown show around the country that could piss people off enough to get out the sharp knives its aggy. You saw it with UT/OU to the SEC and now you are seeing it with shattering the peace that's been going on for a couple decades at least in the SEC.  They piss people off.  Other people aren't helpless to sit back and take it.  Every single one of the 22 class could be fair game as early as next February and they'd all have the free transfer and years left. 

It helps that baseball owners (or any professional sports franchise) are a very limited crew with the profit of their enterprises a key core interest. 

College sports programs are way more numerous, with a collective cognitive dissonance and diffuse hierarchies with competing - and often diametrically opposed - interests, just within their institutions. 

Yeah, possibly A&M gets poached. It’s much more likely that each school simply comes with more money to the table to outspend the Aggies next recruiting cycle. Anyone thinking there’s going to be massive fallout from this I think is kidding themselves. I don’t believe we’d be this naive if it was Ohio State being exposed like this. I think as a fan base we have some biases toward the Aggies which makes us believe they’re going to get their comeuppance. Which they very well might. But it will be because they’re not good enough managing aspects of their football program, and because other schools step up in how much they’re willing to spend, not because the Aggies get punished for this somehow. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

It helps that baseball owners (or any professional sports franchise) are a very limited crew with the profit of their enterprises a key core interest. 

College sports programs are way more numerous, with a collective cognitive dissonance and diffuse hierarchies with competing - and often diametrically opposed - interests, just within their institutions. 

Yeah, possibly A&M gets poached. It’s much more likely that each school simply comes with more money to the table to outspend the Aggies next recruiting cycle. Anyone thinking there’s going to be massive fallout from this I think is kidding themselves. I don’t believe we’d be this naive if it was Ohio State being exposed like this. I think as a fan base we have some biases toward the Aggies which makes us believe they’re going to get their comeuppance. Which they very well might. But it will be because they’re not good enough managing aspects of their football program, and because other schools step up in how much they’re willing to spend, not because the Aggies get punished for this somehow. 

I'm not suggesting that this will happen. I'm suggesting that this could happen.

Also- there are less players driving this than there are in MLB. I said coordinated attack of the blue bloods.  If you want to take it to schools rabidly passionate enough to shit all over someone else that number grows to 25 or 30 I'd say. So it's not like you have to coordinate 120 people.

And I'm not saying that they will cook a number, I'm saying it's highly likely that a staff will say "do I want to fuck with recruiting a player away from XYZ?, " if XYZ has a large fan base and a big war chest and they could make their lives miserable.  It would be odd if this wasn't a consideration, don't you think?

39 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I'm not suggesting that this will happen. I'm suggesting that this could happen.

Also- there are less players driving this than there are in MLB. I said coordinated attack of the blue bloods.  If you want to take it to schools rabidly passionate enough to shit all over someone else that number grows to 25 or 30 I'd say. So it's not like you have to coordinate 120 people.

And I'm not saying that they will cook a number, I'm saying it's highly likely that a staff will say "do I want to fuck with recruiting a player away from XYZ?, " if XYZ has a large fan base and a big war chest and they could make their lives miserable.  It would be odd if this wasn't a consideration, don't you think?

I think my issue is with some kind of personalized or coordinated attack. I can see Nick Saban looking to exert his dominance over Jimbo Fisher in different ways, He’s already making Fisher look like an idiot. But at the end of the day Saban is about winning football games and especially winning championships. I don’t think anything else really gets much traction on his priority list. How many more seasons will he be coaching, anyway? Yeah, if he has a chance to punk A&M for a talented player, either high school or on their roster, will he get some special satisfaction out of it? Sure.

But I think this is all going to be every man for himself. And the cost to do business is going to soar dramatically. A couple of years from now this A&M recruiting class is going to look like a bargain, IMO. 

47 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I think my issue is with some kind of personalized or coordinated attack. I can see Nick Saban looking to exert his dominance over Jimbo Fisher in different ways, He’s already making Fisher look like an idiot. But at the end of the day Saban is about winning football games and especially winning championships. I don’t think anything else really gets much traction on his priority list. How many more seasons will he be coaching, anyway? Yeah, if he has a chance to punk A&M for a talented player, either high school or on their roster, will he get some special satisfaction out of it? Sure.

But I think this is all going to be every man for himself. And the cost to do business is going to soar dramatically. A couple of years from now this A&M recruiting class is going to look like a bargain, IMO. 

Nah. It’s going to settle down for all the reasons CTJ said about billionaires not wanting to get flowed by 18-21 year olds acting like ingrates with their hands out. Also, this entire thing is destroying some of the bonds between university and these guys. 
there is no market for semi pro football with the best 18-21 year olds not attended to universities. Anything else is the G league that nobody really gives a shit about. There needs to be some sort of Armistice heading down the road or they are going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. 
I suspect that will happen. 
it’s really only the top 2-5 guys on any team that actually are very valuable from an NiL perspective. Everything else is pay for play. If it’s not the schools paying, but rather some other person, and that person doesn’t derive any positive tangible benefit out of the relationship then you are just arguing for irrationality. Irrationality eventually will run out and cave in on itself. 

Jimbo is such a lying scumbag. People have called out Saban for his dirty laundry in the past. You know how he handled it? He didn't even respond to most of them.  Jimbo gets up there and starts ranting like a crazy man (and lying).

Jimbo's closet runs way deeper than just paying players. His programs are known to hold up crimes and a number of other things. 

Here's just one article on the guy:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.newsobserver.com/sports/college/article10092839.html

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Nah. It’s going to settle down for all the reasons CTJ said about billionaires not wanting to get flowed by 18-21 year olds acting like ingrates with their hands out. Also, this entire thing is destroying some of the bonds between university and these guys. 
there is no market for semi pro football with the best 18-21 year olds not attended to universities. Anything else is the G league that nobody really gives a shit about. There needs to be some sort of Armistice heading down the road or they are going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. 
I suspect that will happen. 
it’s really only the top 2-5 guys on any team that actually are very valuable from an NiL perspective. Everything else is pay for play. If it’s not the schools paying, but rather some other person, and that person doesn’t derive any positive tangible benefit out of the relationship then you are just arguing for irrationality. Irrationality eventually will run out and cave in on itself. 

Well, I can agree with much of that. The tangible benefit has to be recognition from peers and people in the university. 

While I agree about irrationality caving in on itself, there’s not a good measure for when that actually happens. The Great Recession was caused by a speculative market acting irrationally in an untrammeled way for close to a decade. If we believe human behavior can’t persist because it’s irrational…it’s just not a safe bet. A much safer bet is that irrationality stops when pain escalates. 

So, then, where does the pain come from? College sports are going to continue to generate massive revenue, of the escalating variety. It’s not going to suddenly become less important to Alabama, their fans, boosters, and local business people to win. The Alabama football program has generated incredible growth for Tuscaloosa as a community, and those people know where the bread is buttered. 

If you think A&M boosters are going to back off this coming recruiting season, I think you’re being naive. Miami didn’t pay all those big bucks to snatch Cristobal from Phil Knight to play it safe. And speaking of, Nike isn’t going anywhere with their flagship. You have Tennessee which claims to have the best funded collective in college sports (I don’t believe that, but the fact the claim is a point of pride is important). Arkansas is pooling together massive amounts. USC is obviously stepping up. LSU didn’t hire Brian Kelly away from Notre Dame so he could sit on his hands regarding recruiting. Oh, and he didn’t leave Notre Dame because it’s a better football school. He knows what it takes to win, and he wasn’t going to be able to do those things at Notre Dame. Missouri just signed a law that needs the governor’s signature that states school officials, coaches and admins can broker NIL deals “to keep in state schools competitive in recruiting.”

I don’t see anything slowing this train down in the near future. You’re talking about irrationality making it implode. I’d say we’re a long ways off from that having any impact on the college sports landscape whatsoever. This shit is just getting started. The party doesn’t end until it ends badly, and this party is going to end really bad. But what that looks like I couldn’t even tell you. What it won’t be is a cabal of wealthy boosters getting together and putting a stop to it. Or enough people feeling like they’re just wasting their money. Winning matters, and winning is going to take a lot more money than it used to. The folks who figure out a way to step up will be rewarded. Those who don’t will sit on the sidelines and talk about how unfair it is. 

My best guess is that the kids themselves are going to make it implode more so than the boosters by making bad decisions, either with the contracts they sign, how they spend the money, or how they talk about it. But again, we don’t actually have any horror stories/cautionary tales just yet. And boosters who feel like they’re wasting their money don’t count. Someone somewhere will continue to plunk down the dolla dolla bills. It doesn’t take many of those folks to set the market, then everyone else has to choose whether they’re going to compete or not. But kids being taken advantage of? Or making terrible, destructive decisions with their money? That’ll bring the bicycle helmet crowd out. 

Like I said before, what we need more than anything else is transparency regarding NIL deals, enforceable with loss of eligibility and sanctions. Anyway, let’s see how this  next recruiting class pans out, and whether the money thrown around increases or decreases. Because I know which way I’m betting. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Well, I can agree with much of that. The tangible benefit has to be recognition from peers and people in the university. 

While I agree about irrationality caving in on itself, there’s not a good measure for when that actually happens. The Great Recession was caused by a speculative market acting irrationally in an untrammeled way for close to a decade. If we believe human behavior can’t persist because it’s irrational…it’s just not a safe bet. A much safer bet is that irrationality stops when pain escalates. 

So, then, where does the pain come from? College sports are going to continue to generate massive revenue, of the escalating variety. It’s not going to suddenly become less important to Alabama, their fans, boosters, and local business people to win. The Alabama football program has generated incredible growth for Tuscaloosa as a community, and those people know where the bread is buttered. 

If you think A&M boosters are going to back off this coming recruiting season, I think you’re being naive. Miami didn’t pay all those big bucks to snatch Cristobal from Phil Knight to play it safe. And speaking of, Nike isn’t going anywhere with their flagship. You have Tennessee which claims to have the best funded collective in college sports (I don’t believe that, but the fact the claim is a point of pride is important). Arkansas is pooling together massive amounts. USC is obviously stepping up. LSU didn’t hire Brian Kelly away from Notre Dame so he could sit on his hands regarding recruiting. Oh, and he didn’t leave Notre Dame because it’s a better football school. He knows what it takes to win, and he wasn’t going to be able to do those things at Notre Dame. Missouri just signed a law that needs the governor’s signature that states school officials, coaches and admins can broker NIL deals “to keep in state schools competitive in recruiting.”

I don’t see anything slowing this train down in the near future. You’re talking about irrationality making it implode. I’d say we’re a long ways off from that having any impact on the college sports landscape whatsoever. This shit is just getting started. The party doesn’t end until it ends badly, and this party is going to end really bad. But what that looks like I couldn’t even tell you. What it won’t be is a cabal of wealthy boosters getting together and putting a stop to it. Or enough people feeling like they’re just wasting their money. Winning matters, and winning is going to take a lot more money than it used to. The folks who figure out a way to step up will be rewarded. Those who don’t will sit on the sidelines and talk about how unfair it is. 

My best guess is that the kids themselves are going to make it implode more so than the boosters by making bad decisions, either with the contracts they sign, how they spend the money, or how they talk about it. But again, we don’t actually have any horror stories/cautionary tales just yet. And boosters who feel like they’re wasting their money don’t count. Someone somewhere will continue to plunk down the dolla dolla bills. It doesn’t take many of those folks to set the market, then everyone else has to choose whether they’re going to compete or not. But kids being taken advantage of? Or making terrible, destructive decisions with their money? That’ll bring the bicycle helmet crowd out. 

Like I said before, what we need more than anything else is transparency regarding NIL deals, enforceable with loss of eligibility and sanctions. Anyway, let’s see how this  next recruiting class pans out, and whether the money thrown around increases or decreases. Because I know which way I’m betting. 

To be clear, I’m not saying this settles out next year- I’m saying it will settle out and at a much less frothy setting than you think right now. 
there’s only one school that wins it all. College football is already completely irrelevant in the north east, most of the east coast, and all of the west coast outside of a few areas. This is a south east and Midwest game which already takes away most of the truly valuable markets in this country, and they can’t all win. 
a billionaire spending high 7 figures for his school to win big?  Sure. To go 5-7?  Hell to the no. You can’t divorce compensation from those who benefit from the labor and expect the arrow to point upward indefinitely. Won’t happen. I give it to the end of the decade to have it make sense where the top 25 most marketable players in NCAA get paid big because they are worth it, a half a dozen home town hero’s on every campus get paid for the same reason, and the rest of the rosters are getting paid minimal money through collectives and roster bonuses. 
also- the hottest 50 women will probably get paid to some extent.

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

To be clear, I’m not saying this settles out next year- I’m saying it will settle out and at a much less frothy setting than you think right now. 
there’s only one school that wins it all. College football is already completely irrelevant in the north east, most of the east coast, and all of the west coast outside of a few areas. This is a south east and Midwest game which already takes away most of the truly valuable markets in this country, and they can’t all win. 
a billionaire spending high 7 figures for his school to win big?  Sure. To go 5-7?  Hell to the no. You can’t divorce compensation from those who benefit from the labor and expect the arrow to point upward indefinitely. Won’t happen. I give it to the end of the decade to have it make sense where the top 25 most marketable players in NCAA get paid big because they are worth it, a half a dozen home town hero’s on every campus get paid for the same reason, and the rest of the rosters are getting paid minimal money through collectives and roster bonuses. 

I have no idea what the college landscape will look like at the end of the decade, but it will for sure be drastically different than what it is now. We’re in the middle of disruptive forces being unleashed. Horse and buggies going bye bye. The newspaper business shrinking in size and relevancy. Retail stores closing left and right. No new movie theaters being built. Kodak camera film development ending. Landline phones, etc.. 

Maybe you’re right, and college sports goes the way of NASCAR. I don’t know what the numbers say. I do know distributors are desperate for compelling live entertainment, and so even with a decline in viewers college football will have a premium value. 

I will also say I think my minimal numbers and your minimal numbers will look quite different. If between now and the end of the decade the biggest athletic departments are pulling down $100-200m more than they are right now (which they will be, at least in the SEC and B1G), being able to stay competitive will have an intrinsic worth that doesn’t necessitate winning the championship every year. I feel quite confident more than 25 college players will be making over $1m per year in NIL barring drastic changes from Congress. Also, significant parts of the roster for the biggest programs will be making over $200k. But 8 years is honestly too far off to have any confidence in what will transpire, other than it will look radically different, and the more money a program has available the better. 

58 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

A chimpanzee can do better than 5-7 with a paid roster. College schedules are soft, especially for Bluebloods who aggressively recruit and pay players. Too many teams schedule cupcakes and there's only about 20 teams who can keep up. A chimpanzee would win no less than 8 to 9 in the absolute worst of years with paid top 100 talent up and down the roster. A fucking gorilla just won a title at L$U. A gorilla lacking the communication skills of Koko the Gorilla. And Lester the Baboon, who literally couldn't talk, won a title before him. A baboon that eats grass. And had two strokes. Yes, you heard that correct. Last year's title winner is fucking awful. The guy isn't a good head football coach. The NFL laughs at that joker. This is college football. If you are a Blueblood and you are paying the going rate, you win in nearly every case. Coaching takes a back seat.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

A chimpanzee can do better than 5-7 with a paid roster. College schedules are soft, especially for Bluebloods who aggressively recruit and pay players. Too many teams schedule cupcakes and there's only about 20 teams who can keep up. A chimpanzee would win no less than 8 to 9 in the absolute worst of years with paid top 100 talent up and down the roster. A fucking gorilla just won a title at L$U. A gorilla lacking the communication skills of Koko the Gorilla. And Lester the Baboon, who literally couldn't talk, won a title before him. A baboon that eats grass. And had two strokes. Yes, you heard that correct. Last year's title winner is fucking awful. The guy isn't a good head football coach. The NFL laughs at that joker. This is college football. If you are a Blueblood and you are paying the going rate, you win in nearly every case. Coaching takes a back seat.

I hate to tell you that we keep hiring chimpanzees 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, jinx said:

I hate to tell you that we keep hiring chimpanzees 

Outside of the Mack Brown era, right after the SWC probations instigated by Texas, this program has not recruited anywhere close to Blueblood status since the mid-80s. Mack's success coincided with sanctions in the state, which only lasted to the mid-2000s, when a new, legal way to pay "families" started to take over college football. Texas over the past ten years, and even many of the recruits in the later Mack Brown classes, are nothing more than the recruiting services fighting to keep the largest fan base in college football engaged in their product. Our classes have too much bread ranked in the 150-400 range, selected after all the other top schools pay for the elite talent. There's many that get the Texas bump as well.  Get back to me when we're landing a fair share of top 100 players with speed, measurements, production and the tape to back it up.

Our players are slow on the track and on the field. Sark upgraded that on the offensive side this year. He's switched up some positions with some young guys in the defensive backfield but there's still very little depth and a talent gap on defense. Still a long way to go. Or find a QB to cover up a bunch of weaknesses.

I don't believe Sark got what he truly needed but this class is an improvement. 

Most of the coaches winning championships aren't any better than our coaches (outside of Charlie). They just pay more to land the best players. 

We may have chimpanzee coaches but so does pretty much everyone else.

The sport doesnt make money by being played. It makes money by being played on TV. The whole idea of paying players is due to that fact, look at all the TV money being raked in and where is their cut?

So we decide to pay them, but don't use any of the TV money....it's "legal" now but still being done in a shady way.

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

This seems made up. Doesn't even make sense.

Plausible, player signs contract for a bag that states he will only play football for aggy. All-Star game would be in violation of that clause.

Aggy has nobody to blame but themselves. They have provided a prolific amount of cash to sign the best class without a single detail announced.

When faced with prolific results and no transparency, aggy will continue to face epic speculation.

It's not like it isn't warranted. They have never been good without cheating.

Edited by pacman

4 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

That guy appears to cover Penn State.  Enai White is supposed to play in some PA vs MD game on May 30.   He's on the roster for the game.  Let's see if he actually plays.  The tweet used the past tense but not doing so would give away the person.

By the way, White previously bowed out of the AA game in San Antonio due to Covid.

• Hook 'Em 1