2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

yuli. baker talked about it pregame yesterday. diaz plays a good 3rd,  yuli has played all infield positions. dubon is ss / 2nd / cf, up the middle guy

For fucks sake Dusty is being silly. Literally anyone who has the chops to play SS can play 3B just fine. This makes as much sense as having to play Dubon in CF to stop people from going 1st to 3rd or any other Dusty nonsense. 

yuli has played 3rd here before (if my memory is correct), not sure about SS. i agree, he's the 2nd best 3rd baseman with diaz out. if it happens it happens, who cares. im more concerned about diaz coming back healthy this season 

Edited by tx 3 putt

31 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

yuli has played 3rd here before (if my memory is correct), not sure about SS. i agree, he's the 2nd best 3rd baseman with diaz out. if it happens it happens, who cares. im more concerned about diaz coming back healthy this season 

Yeah- he came up at 3rd and played 2B as well in Cuba. I’m no fan of Dubon but there’s no way that’s a 28 year old that regular gets reps at SS isn’t a better 3B than a 38 year old that has below average numbers at every single metric at 1B. It’s literally crazy to think that’s at all correct. 
would I mind Yuli playing 3B for a couple innings if something happened to Bregman or for a game here and there against a LHP while they gave Bregman a day off and Diaz was out?  No, I wouldn’t mind that at all. I’m pro anything that keeps Dubon off the field.  

• Hook 'Em 1

This is from McTaggart's newsletter this week.  So many shitty players scoring on one grand slam.

Spoiler

THIS WEEK IN ASTROS HISTORY

Aug. 16, 2011

Brian Bogusevic's walk-off grand slam

Brian Bogusevic belts a walk-off grand slam to beat the Cubs, 6-5, at Minute Maid Park and snap a seven-game losing skid. The homer, which came off Carlos Marmol, was the second of Bogusevic’s career and scored J.B. Shuck, Clint Barmes and Matt Downs.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Lineup wise yes, but Dubon is a better option defensively.  This is all theoretical.  I don't want Dubon playing 3rd every day.

our 3rd baseman has his hottest streak in several years so of course surly goes into debate mode about who’s the best (backup) 3rd baseman. 

9 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Somewhere Vazquez has to be thinking “what do I have to do to get more playing time? Slash .358?!”

Maldy’s last 30 games: .253/.303/.473. More than acceptable with his defense and pitcher rapport, 

Also, it appears the Meyer’s experiment is over, at least for this season. 

• Hook 'Em 1