2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

So, great defense by Chazzy Fizz there, I was positive off the bat he was scoring on that ball into the corner. Then, they bloop knot right center that got run down by Siri I suspect was not as easy a play as he made it look. Tucker is pretty great defensively for a RF. 
OF defense of Tucker, Meyers and Siri is pretty damn good. It’s a weapon late. Especially with this fly ball heavy staff. 

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Just looking at my tickets for the month of June- anyone want to go to the Mets game for free on Wednesday June 22? PM me if so.  As always, no purchase necessary, no obligation, we ask only that you ask for tickets if you plan on going to the game and not selling them online blah blah blah.

Might also have 2 for the Mariners on Tuesday the 7th... 

all gone. 
thanks

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It's up there, but it's hard to beat giving up the best reliever of the past half decade (plus three others!) for Carlos Gomez and the rat.

Yeah- Fiers leading to the firing of JL and Hinch, in addition to how bad and irritating Gomez was make that brutal, even if it wasn’t for Hader being so good. I put a question mark on the “worst trade in franchise history” but I think you are correct. That one is worse. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Joe_Morgan_-_Cincinnati_Reds.jpg

Yeah- we lost that trade big time but at least got back a high quality big league player in May. Was reading a couple of recaps and most at the time thought the Astros won the trade. 
the bad thing about the Lofton trade and the Hader trade is the return was just really nonexistent in the one, and in the other it just did so much harm to the organization 

yeah- Joe Morgan was clearly the best player the Astros ever traded away so if you want to call that the worst trade ever it’s completely fair to do so, I just don’t call it the worst ever when you do get all star type as a return on the deal. 
Interestingly enough, the guy most similar to Lee May at age 28 (when the Astros traded for him was… Glen Davis). 2 time all star in his 3 years with the Astros with an ops of like 121. Then played another 8 years. His similarity scores for his career included a HOFer in Gil Hodges and a bunch of other old dudes that were way before my time but that I heard of.  You’d jump in front of a bullet to not do the trade if you knew how good Morgan was going to be, obviously. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn